• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion of Minish Cap

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Personally, I loved The Minish Cap. While I don't feel that it offered that feeling of replay quality, I do think that if you don't play this adventure, then you are surely missing out.

I was hooked from the moment I started the game. I enjoyed the subtle difference in social interaction- mainly, the fact that Link and Zelda were childhood friends. Link's grandpa was somebody I could warm up to despite not having much screentime; he was a great parental figure- stern, strong, wise, and caring. And then right off the bat, Princess Zelda is running around the market in the most adorable way. She was the one who made me excited to be there, and I loved that she won a shield for Link. D'aaaaaaw!

What really sucked me in was that as soon as they had bonded me with this princess-slash-best-friend, Vaati comes along and turns her to stone. And so the journey begins. I like how it starts out as needing to save poor Zelda, but the adventure is much like a rose- it keeps opening up and unfolding, constantly showing moments of brilliance in design, story, and characters.

We are given a sidekick as it has become sort of a custom in the Zelda games as of late, only.... he's a hat. Wat? On top of that, he's a bit stuffy. But he provides ample entertainment, and he's useful to boot. Even side characters like Malon, Anju or SwiftBlade can charm their way into your heart.

Now, I think the majority of us can agree that the game wasn't that difficult at all. Puzzles were simple, enemies didn't put up much of a fight, but there was still plenty to go around. It's not all about fighting. We unlock more copies of Link so that more areas can be cleared, and there was a lot to explore. Even gathering kinstones was pretty fun.

The Minish Cap even goes on to entertain outside of the game itself. The legends within legends have contributed to the Zelda community long after its release with discussion and debate regarding its place in the timeline, questioning the exact meaning of terms such as "golden light", and even bringing into question the creation of Hyrule. In all, the game has its highs and lows, but it's definitely a game I'd recommend to any gamer, even if they aren't a Zelda fan.

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
Okay, scratch what I said about level design earlier. It just got 20 times more awesome. I just played the 4th temple, and, jeez, that was the most fun i've had in a while. That temple is designed so perfectly. The first half is really linear,and the second half is mazelike. The boss fight was so fun, the item you get is awesome, that temple was great.

Last edited:
I never really got into Minish Cap at all. The map is so.....ugh, I just don't like how you have to navigate through the entire thing. The resizing all the time gets really annoying after a while too. I played almost to the second dungeon, but stopped there and I've never picked it up again. I just can't get into it at all.

P

PimPSlaP

I like Minish Cap a lot, but it isn't a favorite. I prefer ALttP to MC, even though they are very similar. The game had more pros than cons, for example: music, graphics, and controls are great, a lot of new items unlike PH, and a change from Ganon. Don't get me wrong I really like Ganny, but he can get a little old. The only thing I didn't like was the short length (which is why I like ALttP more).

N

nathanielwade4

the minish cap is one of my top 6 i have beat it once and i an at the flame place

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I liked the game but I thought I had fused all the Kinstones but I can't find the last few so I can get the last Heart Pieces. But the last boss took me a couple tries but eventually i beat it.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I quite like it.

The sad thing is that the start is sort of boring, and the whole first half of the game feels linear and monotonous.

Which is sad, as most will give up on Minish Cap early, missing on the above awesome second half.

Palace in the Sky and the final dungeon are AMAZING and help put across the point that MC deserves its spot in the Zelda family just as much as the other handhelds.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
This is a good Zelda game and Minish Cap had one thing that made me think it was weird at first and that was the talking hat and after a little while it was just like Navi. Another thing that sparked me was the return of Vati and how he became Vati. Of course the probably one time thing is the kinstones and has anyone noticed that the gold ones help you in the game and the others were just for fun and to beat the game entirely.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I liked The Minish Cap a bit, but when my character file disappeared one time and I was forced to restart, I couldn't seem to be drawn back to it. The music was a bit eh to me, and the story wasn't that interesting. However, I did like the variety of new places, the kinstones, and the ability to grow and shrink at will.

N

No_Comment

I haven't completed it yet (I've just gotten to the 4th temple) but great game so far! I really like the style of the game (the animation etc...).

I don't think the game is better than LADX though IMO.

To those who say they got bored around the second dungeon, or just prior to it, I'd recommend playing a little longer. I was having some issues with the game too, but right after completing the Cave of Flames (second dungeon) it really started to improve, and once you reach the fourth dungeon, things are pretty awesome. ;)

Okay, scratch what I said about level design earlier. It just got 20 times more awesome. I just played the 4th temple, and, jeez, that was the most fun i've had in a while. That temple is designed so perfectly. The first half is really linear,and the second half is mazelike. The boss fight was so fun, the item you get is awesome, that temple was great.
Ah, the Temple of Droplets! This was my favorite dungeon in the game and one of my favorites in the entire series. I'm glad someone else enjoyed it as much as I did! ^^

E

ergman

it was the veary first zelda I completed with no help whatsoever. this gave it special meaning. I think that it was a good game overall and with good music. it was also the funnniest zelda for me. (the first time you get a green rupee: you got 1 rupee!!!dont spend it all in one place!)

I hated it. For one, it's pretty darn short. Two, it's unamusing. And three, the macrophilia. As I've stated before, I do not really tolerate most paraphilias, specifically vore. People I know who have played it call the minish cute and lovable. I almost agreed with them, until I saw like a million fanfictions on the internet that made me think: Wait, this is a sexual fetish? Yes. It was. Most modern cartoons always have a macrophilia episode where (a) character(s) are shrunken. This is Nintendo's equivalent of that. And to be quite honest, it's disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom