• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose Wind Waker and Majora's mask, cause I love them both. I can't choose between them. Majora's mask is far superiour than OOT in my opinion. Although I love oot I think MM is a lot more enjoyable. Wind Waker is just plain fun to me, and it has perfect control in my opinion.

my top 5 zelda games

5: Twilight Princess
4: The legend of Zelda I and II
3: Oracle of Ages
2: Link's awakening
1: Majora's Mask and Wind Waker

Kybyrian

Well what do you know, this thread got stickied. Guess it's the time to acknowledge its being here and post, then!

My favorite game from the series has to be Ocarina of Time. I mean, it's truly a great game. Alas, that's pretty much all I remember about it, being a great game. I haven't played it in so long that I can't even remember why I like it... Perhaps I should go pick it up again, then. In fact, I will do that right now! Most of what I remember was the theme about it, and the (relatively) small world that it had to explore. It was a blast to play, and every boss was fun, as well as every dungeon, especially dungeons like the Spirit Temple and Shadow Temple, both of which were my favorite from the game. Thinking back, it's kind of hard to put my finger on what exactly I liked, I just really enjoyed playing the game, and what better reason to like it than that?

Twilight

Storming Twilight
and so I were quickposting...

There is a tie between OOT, TP and MM, but I ended up voting in MM :clap: OOT is the third game I love, because of the third dungeon, Ruto's existence, and Dead Hand. TP is the second, because it has incredibly hard puzzles. So, MM came in first place :)

See ya ~

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
For me it's a tie between LttP and MM. Both had the right amount of difficulty. The most outstanding properties were: -in aLttP: the fast-paced gaming, the many items and the freedom the game gave you. -in MM: the cool story, many sidequests and brilliant puzzles, so I still can't decide which one I like better.

L

legnase

Wow. MM is actually beating Oot? It's a miracle! My favorite is MM. Sure it was different, but it was still awesome. My second favorite is TP. I guess I like the dark Zelda games.

Twilight

Storming Twilight
Muahahah! Everyone loves MM, its inevitable.
Zelda OOT is losing to MM! Maybe OOT were a little too classic? Incomplete?
Muahahah!

I always have a very hard time trying to choose between "Ocarina of Time" and "Link to the Past", but in the and, I always vote for OoT.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
OK, WHY THE DIN DOES NO ONE EVER GIVE CREDIT TO THE ORIGINAL ZELDA!!??
It is the best in the series and it is what Zelda is supposed to be, a young boy thrown in a world filled with secrets that you have to discover on your own. There is also the battling of evil, the upgrades of weapons and the strategies you must come up with to destroy enemies and solve puzzles. THEY PUZZLES WERE THE BEST IN THE ORIGINAL! All it needed was a better story, but back then: that was not cliche.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
OK, WHY THE DIN DOES NO ONE EVER GIVE CREDIT TO THE ORIGINAL ZELDA!!??
It is the best in the series and it is what Zelda is supposed to be, a young boy thrown in a world filled with secrets that you have to discover on your own. There is also the battling of evil, the upgrades of weapons and the strategies you must come up with to destroy enemies and solve puzzles. THEY PUZZLES WERE THE BEST IN THE ORIGINAL! All it needed was a better story, but back then: that was not cliche.

Well, like you said, it needed a better story. There were no characters that actually had personalities. It's dated and now adays it's not as entertaining to play. (btw I don't recall seeing any great puzzles in that game) Granted for it's time, it was a great game but it's now in the shadows of the games that have vastly improved upon it. It was also very difficult, which turns many people off.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Well, like you said, it needed a better story. There were no characters that actually had personalities. It's dated and now adays it's not as entertaining to play. (btw I don't recall seeing any great puzzles in that game) Granted for it's time, it was a great game but it's now in the shadows of the games that have vastly improved upon it. It was also very difficult, which turns many people off.

There were characters with personalties. There were the jack-*** shop keepers, the various types of old men, the various types of old women, and such (lol). We also shouldn't forget that Ganon killed tons of people and destroyed basically everything (That's why it's last on the timeline). I still replay and replay this game along with AoL, there is no greater feeling than fiddling around with objects trying to discover something new. The puzzles were great, the whole game was a puzzle. And actually, I don't think some of the Zelda games we have now are better than it.
Let me name them (By what I have played):
TP, PH, FS, FSA, and ST

I think we need to give credit where credit is due. I hope SS will be alot like LoZ, ALttP, MM, and OoT (MY FAVE ZELDA GAMES, NOT IN ORDER).

It always comes down to Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past for me. I ended up voting for A Link to the Past because it could use my vote more, I know Ocarina of Time will be on top or close to it.

Poké!

√∞ⁿ
Well, this is certainly pretty simple for me to answer. Minish Cap is my favorite, it stands out because of how immense the story I have about it is, and that it's the reason I found this place. I had borrowed it from someone I knew, but I had to give it back before I beat it, then I got it as a ROM, and got to the "Dark Hyrule Castle" by going off the guide here, but I quit playing at that point for some reason, and it was a little more than a year before I played it again. Then when I got it in late May this year as a true cartridge, that's when I actually found the forum here and that time, I beat it in six days with getting everything but the light arrows, meaning all the Figurines, the bottles, the heart containers, you name it. And that time, I only went to the guide for things like "How do I hurt this form of Vaati? Darn you second form." "How do I get to the house on the lake? Oh, you can dig into those walls with the Mole Mitts..." I mean, they were the simplest things and they were the things I couldn't figure out.

Another of my favorites is Spirit Tracks. I don't exactly know why I like it so much, but I got it for a weekend trip we were taking and got to near the end in 2 days (without continuous play). It was extremely simple, and I didn't even lay a hand on a guide for it, I just played and got there in the time I was on my trip. I probably like it a bunch because of the fact that you get to drive a train, and ever since I was a little kid I've liked trains a lot, and then there's the thing about the princess going with you through the whole ordeal and such, just to get her body back. I have yet to beat it (I really haven't touched it since the trip), but it is still one of my favorite games of them all.

Ocarina of Time is in my list of favorites, just because of it being the first Zelda game I saw anyone play, I even played it myself when I was like 5, and I mean I played through the Deku Tree so many times that I remember it by heart, I could probably even play it blindfolded. And when I got it in June? 2009, I was so excited to play it, but then I got bored and put it down for a while so I could try to beat Donkey Kong 64 (which I still haven't beat, almost, but I haven't), but every once in a while I'll pick it up and have fun. I still haven't beaten it, but I know it's a decent story and the game has great gameplay.

Just my Opinions and Stories to do with all the Games:

Legend of Zelda is wonderful and all, but I found it confusing when I played it, though I did get somewhere in it, it was still confusing to me and not one of my favorites. I actually got it right after I got OoT. I originally played it when I was 9, when I went to this place that had all these cool old videogames and stuff.

Adventure of Link is okay, but I didn't like how it was a sidescroller, though, when I last played it, I was only 7 and fairly new to the gaming world. I didn't even know what Zelda was exactly, and I got the game ONLY because it was a gold cartridge and was 3 dollars, I still have it though.

A Link to the Past is one I can't say much about. I got it when I got the original Legend of Zelda right after I got Super Metroid and found out my Super Nintendo worked. I haven't played very far into it which is why I can't say much.

Link's Awakening is pretty fun, but I haven't beat it yet and it was confusing for me when I last played it. I originally played it when I was at my Uncle's house for a day, because my darn dad had to work for a weekend, and I found it pretty fun, then I got the DX version at a Junk Sop when I was visiting my mom. I got it, along with Goldeneye 64, Wave Race 64 and a cool NES controller for 20 bucks in the summer of 2008.

Majora's Mask is definitely one of the best ones, but not one of my favorites, I find it too confusing at times, but I do find it fun and interesting. I got the Gold Hologram version for about $20 when I got ALttP and LoZ.

Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages have not been played by me, but I have read one of the manga books about Ages, it seems like a good game. I don't own either of them. I've seen them both once in their original boxes for $40 each. I couldn't afford them, sadly, and now the place that had them doesn't.

The Wind Waker is fun, but not good enough in my mind to be on my favorites list. It has an okay story line, how you travel and all is a little iffy in my mind, but it's okay, and the tingle tuner is fun to mess with. I am currently borrowing this from a friend.

Twilight Princess has not been played by me. I am trying to get it for my Gamecube at the moment.

Phantom Hourglass was pretty easy for me. It was actually the first Zelda game I beat, but I didn't really like the story and some of the stuff you had to do was annoying, but one of the reasons it was annoying was the fact that the DS I had at the time was messed up. The L & R buttons had just completely stopped working and the touch screen was a little screwy. Again with the travel, I have decided I don't like boat travel. I got it for Christmas in 2008, along with Guitar Hero On Tour and On Tour Decades. And actually, I beat it twice, once on my friends game and once on my own. I also made a printed out guide for myself that took a huge binder, which I still have somewhere.

And those are my opinions on all the games I've played, plus my stories concerning them. Thank you for reading this all if you did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom