• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I voted both aLttP and WW, I can't possibly choose between them. Those were my first two Zelda games and they're both very nostalgic to me. I was also going to vote TP, but it seems it already has alot of votes and I don't want to vote for too many, even though I have alot of favorites. Just let it be known that TP is my third favorite, followed by MM and finally MC. My top five :)

jack546

The chosen one
guys the minish cap is pownage I <3 <3 <3 <3 it its better than twilight princes you know why i think that if you put the minish cap on wii and twilight princess on the game boy minish cap would be a better game on each platform rock on minish cap fans

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Ocarina of Time is my favorite game by far. Then Wind Waker is next. Finally, Twilight Princess is my top three favorite.

I

Iron Knuckle

My favrorite zelda game is The legends of zelda II: The adventure of link, It wasn't on the poll :P
I love the RPG sidescrolling style
Of the ones on the poll, my favroite is Legends of zelda a link to the past, amazing gameplay, tile based, 2D and good graphics!

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I'm AMAZED (and kind of relieved) that OoT isn't #1. I voted for MM. OoT is actually my least favorite 3D Zelda game. Here's a list of why I love MM more than any video game PERIODD:
1. The bunny hood. Whenever I play any other Zelda game I'm frustrated by walking slowly 'cause I'm so used to MM. :P
2. Depth/emotion/darkness. I think MM was the darkest Zelda game. This is a plus for me because it brings emotion and depth. It's not fairy-tale-like like OoT or WW. You could actually feel the emotions of the characters and their agony and dispair for the end of the world. There were so many cutscenes like with Anju and Kafei, Pamela and her father, etc. that made the game more interesting. This is probably the main reason I can't finish OoT; I can't play it long enough to finish it because it's just dull to me.
3. Music. The music of MM was better than OoT IMO. Even though OoT had Gerudo Valley, Spirit Temple, etc... MM had an amazing soundtrack that topped oot. (Song of Healing, Oath to Order, Stone Tower Temple, Clock Town, Elegy of Emptiness, Final Hours, etc.) It really set the mood, especially the sad ones.
4. Graphics. Technically they were slightly improved. Stuff further away could be seen, things were more detailed, etc. Not a big deal but still..
5. EPIC. I've heard people loved OoT because of its epic story. But COME ON! What's more epic than the apocalypse?
6. Sidequests. MM had the most sidequests (although WW had a lot too). It makes me feel more in control and free instead of doing everything in a set order. Plus the Anju and Kafei story was pretty amazing.
7. Difficulty. Although it's not really a difficult game, it's definitely more difficult than oot, ww, or tp. Much more of a challenge.
8.Character development. The use of time helped make characters more interesting. For example, you could find the Gorman guy at the stock pot inn in the morning, at the town hall shortly after and at the milk bar by night. Every time you saw him, he was doing and saying different things. Example 2: The postman could be found in many places. Throughout the day he slept, practiced, delivered mail and picked up mail. What he did could also be altered by what you did. In all other zelda games, they just stand in the same place, saying the same things over and over again. MM really felt more realistic. Everything was moving and changing.
9. Complexity. Everything flowed together. All of the different stories around clock town seemed to relate to each other and you could even affect the flow of events.

Why do people love OoT? Because it came first. It was the first leap into the 3D world. It was "revolutionary". But to me, MM surpasses OoT in almost every aspect. It's been 12 years since OoT. I don't play a game and favor it because it was revolutionary over a decade ago. I favor MM because of the reasons listed above. But hey, it's just my opinion. Maybe I just like it more because it was my first one. Idk. :P

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Link's Awakening! It was the Zelda game that got me into the series. I love the story. It's pretty amazing. And the music! It's the game with my favourite Zelda music, too. :3

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Tie for Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.
WW invoked an incredibly awesome and almost magical sense of adventure as you were sailing around the Great Sea. It was quirky, fun, and emphasized exploring and trial and error, much like in the older Zelda games, but despite it being a very free roaming game, you still had a great storyline that tied everything together.
And it was pretty. The graphics were so unique and really reflected the mood of the game.

MM was the first Zelda game I completely played through by myself, so it holds a lot of nostalgic value for me. More so that OoT, I think. MM's intense and surreal plot and wicked fun sidequests (and the entire Ikana Valley region) were what really stood out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom