• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the Majora's Mask. It was way different and creative unlike the twilight princess. It finally wasn't another game situated in Hyrule and that involved Ganon... AGAIN!!!

A

Allara

My favorite is Twilight Princess, because I love the whole wolf thing, and just running around the land is fun too because there's so many places to explore and so many little things just hidden around for you to find. Scaring people as a wolf is fun too. heehee. :):)

I am suprised OoT was not #1 (for now) but i am happy! OoT was great, but MM was better in my opinion. I could probably write an essay about my thoughts on OoT and MM.

E

Emera

My favorite is either A Link to the Past or The Wind Waker... I can't decide. I love both of them, but A Link to the Past was my first Legend of Zelda game so it's always been special to me.

Mute

一員
I can't really choose my top favourite, but my favourite 3 consist of Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games. I'll start with Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask actually has a rather dark storyline without looking like there's a cloud covering the sun during the day, which is a plus for me. But that's not really it, I love this game because I love the side quests, and how the characters actually react to the immediate threat(The moon) in some way, especially during the final hours. Also the fact that most of the characters seem to have a little bit of personality in them. The dungeons, however, are actually a challenge without seeming like a chore to complete, which I miss in most games now. Plus, I actually loved the masks, it was a rather unique twist on things and they actually were useful at times, especially the Bunny Hood. Of course, there's also a little nostalgia locked in there, too, I won't deny that.

Link's Awakening and ALTTP were the first Zelda games I ever played. However, I played Link's Awakening a lot more. I rarely got anywhere as a kid and eventually I lost the game. I later bought the DX version and played it again and was so surprised at how good it was. It was fun, the dungeons were great, and the story actually made me rather sad. But there was also this odd attraction to it I had, where even after I beat it, I still wanted to play it more. It could have been nostalgia, or maybe I just really love exploring Koholint. Of course, Marin and Tarin also help, since Marin is one of my favourite characters and Tarin brings comic relief and weirdness to any scene he's in.

I never played either Oracle games until a year ago and, upon playing them, I wondered why in the world I never bought them when they came out. I started with Ages and absolutely loved all the puzzles. Sure, it took me a long time to beat some dungeons, but the hours were full of brain teasing puzzles and satisfaction. I even love how the bosses themselves were practically a puzzle just to beat. Along with all that, though, I seem to have this thing for time travel, I'm not entirely sure why. The characters, however, mainly consisted of random NPCs, with the good ones rarely showing up, and I never cared much for Ralph so I guess both games are a bit shallow in that area. Seasons, however, I have to admit, I didn't like as much as Ages, mainly because I'm rather bad at the combat part of the game. However, it did satisfy me by giving me something a bit more fresh to play after I beat Ages, which was great. Then, when I finally beat them both, I went for the combined ending and I actually loved how the fight went, I'm not entirely sure why, so I guess mentioning it doesn't help much.

That pretty much sums it up.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
1. Twilight Princess
While not the most original (nor the most challenging) entry in the series, Twilight Princess is the definitive Zelda experience. Everything about the game, from the exhilarating combat, to the - for lack of a better word - epic boss battles, to the most emotionally engaging (and surprisingly romantically-themed) story I've ever experienced in a game, makes Twilight Princess my absolute favorite video game.

2. Ocarina of Time
Not much to say about this that hasn't already been said. The game has a terrific combat system, ingenious puzzles, infectious music, and memorable characters.

3. Wind Waker
While certainly quite the surprise coming off of Majora's Mask, Wind Waker proved to be a breath of fresh air for the series. The cel-shaded visuals are absolutely breathtaking, and although I prefer the "realism" of Twilight Princess, I'm excited to see that a hybrid of the two will be used in Skyward Sword.

i gotta say Ocarina of time. it was just perfect in my opinion, I can't think of a single flaw in the entire game. the temples were incredibly designed and the story was so good. MM and WW were decent =/. TP was great, but it could've been a lot better

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My vote went to Occarina of Time and Majora's Mask, simply because these are the two games I am most familiar with. I have yet to really get into Twilight Princess (only played it once at a friend's house) to give it a fair evaluation and I just started playing A Link to the Past today. My number one favorite will have to be Occarina of Time.

I mean, there are aspects of Majora's Mask that I really love, like the masks transforming you into creatures (Zora mask is my favorite), giving you a larger range of things you can do and other masks giving you special abilities, not to mention Majora's Mask doesn't have that annoying Owl that takes FOREVER to deliver its message. But the whole time-limit thing and turning back the clock, not to mention all the time-specific side-quests, it just becomes a huge thorn in my side. I love exploring and taking my time and with Majora's Mask I have to be careful about that (there is only so much inverting the Song of Time can do).

Also the story gets chopped up and confusing because of the many, MANY time-jumps that you have to do throughout the game, while in Occarina of Time the story flows well and is easier to follow.

Maybe I am biased, because Occarina of Time was my introduction to Zelda and will always have that nostalgic feel to it, but 12 years later I am still playing it with great enjoyment. I can still sit for hours playing it and not grow tired :)

leonardo

was once the forum's youngest member
I would think that theres phantom hourglass in there,but theres not.Oh, and my favorite was Ocarina of time.

T

Triforce Eden

My favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask just did something for me that no video game has ever done before Or since I have played it. MM created a world I could care about. It created a world where I actually cared for the characters and was greatly motivated to save them. Never again has a game motivated me in such a way. As unimportant as some of the characters were, they all kind of had their own unique story that helped me to further understand them.

The sidequests were simply phenomenal. Some of the greatest sidequests I have ever seen from a video game. I still remember when big fat nerd tears came flowing form my eyes like a river of accomplishment the first time I had reunited Kafei and Anju only to realize they would be crushed by the moon immediately after.

MM also is the only Zelda game that presents me with a villain I could actually hate. And that, I believe, is the mark of a great villain. Seeing all these people's lives being ruined by the Skull Kid really created a hatred in me for him. From turning Kafei into a child, to attempting (and sometimes succeeding) to make the moon fall, Skull Kid was a villain I loved to hate every step of the way.

For all these reasons, and quite more (I would elaborate more but I am very sleepy as I write this) MM is and probably always will be my favorite Zelda game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted OoT, but MM was a very close second. I am probably being biased because it was my first Zelda game, but I haven't had more fun playing a videogame than when I played ( or re-played ) OoT. I just hope Nintendo will be able to top Ocarina of Time eventually. Let's hope Skyward Sword is the game that will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom