• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Buy, Super Mario Sunshine 2?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Super Mario Sunshine is better than its reputation. And yet, the best levels were the ones without the water gun. Would I buy another Super Mario Sunshine? Probably, sure. But I'd prefer another Super Mario Galaxy, or even better, something new.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I played this game for a while, and it was okay, I actually enjoyed more seeing my nieces play it. But if 2 came out, I would definitely buy it and play it, as it was very fun.

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
Probably not, the watergun thing really bothered me. Unless it was pretty cheap, but Nintendo never rolls that way haha.

I would buy a Mario and Zelda game. A mix, like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics... and this one could be a game like the SSB (Super Smash Bros.) games!

Jedizora

:right:
I would buy. Although it was incredablie hard for me, its still awesome. I'm replaying it for the first time right now. If it was a super mario galaxy 3 however, i would never buy it.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Mario Sunshine 2? Yes, please. Mario's most underrated adventure deserves a sequel. It would be far better than another overrated Super Mario Galaxy series, at any rate.

Djinn

and Tonic
Probably not. But my biggest disappointment with the game really was the fact that it was not Super Mario 64 err....2. I wanted another 3D Mario adventure but what I got was more of a gimmick with a water gun. Which got very boring quickly. Unless some changes were made for the sequel like a little more platforming action and some variety in the levels then I doubt I would try it.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Definetly! I don't get what all the haters disliked about it. It was so unique! I loved the areas, the music, the aura, everything about it. I loved how it's actually a challenge. Although, I do miss Mario 64 a lot, and I don't believe that such a groundbreaking game got the sequel it deserved. I know, I know, we need to move on with new gameplay mechanics, but really, we could just make a new game with great graphics and new areas. We have such brilliant people out there making games if we know where to look, and they can design some worthy areas unless I'm much mistaken. I mean, if we keep evolving our mario games, where will we be? What's next? Super Mario Post-Apocalypse with new Zombie Goombas and the Super Shotgun Mushroom? Really, they gotta watch out or they'll run the series into the ground.

I loved Super Mario Sunshine when it first came out, but on replaying it not that long ago I found it a bit of a chore. It's still a good game in my eyes, but I think Mario Galaxy is a great deal better. I'd probably play a sequel to SMS if it came out.

On a side note, I found Mario Galaxy was a lot better than its sequel, which is why I think that if they had released SM64 2 it probably would have been a flop (relatively, I mean it is a Mario Game after all). Mario's best games (Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy) have all involved some great innovation. I want them to keep experimenting, even if it doesn't go quite right sometimes.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I'm sorry to say I didnt really enjoy Super Mario Sunshine that much. It wasn't as good as Mario 64 or Galaxy and had less levels. So I'm not sure if I would buy a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom