• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Link draws his sword...

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
If you watch the animation closely of him swinging his sword and sheathing it behind his back, the tip of the sword through the scabbard instead of into the opening.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??

The only possible answer: Link is just that damn good.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
well first i was thinking that the handle of the shield was attached to the sheat of the sword. but he can get his shield less then 1 second and the handle is on a vertical position, so thats impossible.

maybe the back of the shield has some kind of magnet?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Origionally posted by ebuch.
Ah, so if we're talking physics, Link should be able to fly through the air using a chain launching device. Both the shield drawing and the clawshot are both unrealistic, that's why I brought up the clawshot in the first place. It's just something that you're not supposed to really think about.
Yeah, we forgot to mention the Deku Leaf. How can a kid at least seventy pounds (ugh, fine. At least thirty one kilograms) float by using an oversized leaf as a parachute without dying? The same reason as almost everything in The Legend of Zelda, magic. The series has been defying physics all the time (except for gravity)!

Last edited:

Stella3000

Starlight
lol,lol,lol....*Still laughing*
Now THIS is a fun topic. Why? Because me and my bros have always made fun of the fact that none of this makes any sense no matter how you look at it.
Thing is it just doesn't work in the real world.
I'd love to help.......but like I said it just doesn't work. Fun to laugh about but thats about it. Don't go crazy thinking about it. It isn't worth losing sleep over.

O

OCDays

Eh, its just the way it is. You can't make everything fit perfectly, just accept it and move on, not much else you can do.

Perhaps when he draws his sword, it releases the shield to the side of his back so he can grap it?

it would work like this:
Link draws his sword-therefore unbalancing the weight, causing the shield to drop and flip so he can grap hold of it in the right direction.

But as for speed...Until we find a Unifying field theory...

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Meh, I think this is one of those things that are better not tried to be figured out with a logical explaination. I just don't think there is one.

I put took it out and put it away several times in twighlight princess to see...and yea that is weird...I noticed it in wind waker too...ecpecially with the iron boots, he just jumps and..woosh...there gone. Weird...creepy...:eek:

Chris

It has been awhile...
This may sound stupid but, he is the owner of one triforce piece, so he can do things that defy the laws of physics.

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
Well, Zelda has a lot of things that defy the laws of physics in it. For example, where does Link put his items when not using them? He just seems to touch the item to his back, and BAM! They disappear.

Lol that's true just like in TP with the ball and chain XD.

Anyways, I have NEVER EVER tought about that and I guess it's true!. . . But just like my mom says "Wow Link can do ANYTHING there's nothing that he cannot do'' Lol but sometimes I think He's just Like Chuck Norris XD the only thing that's left is like making a lot of facts about Link such as "Link's tears can cure cancer but the bad news is, Link have never cried" XD I will ROFL with that.:lol::lol::lol:

I think He's just Like Chuck Norris XD the only thing that's left is like making a lot of facts about Link such as "Link's tears can cure cancer but the bad news is, Link have never cried" XD I will ROFL with that.:lol::lol::lol:

I always thought that too! But then again, Captain Falcon is already considered the video game equivalent of Chuck Norris...they are probably equal. Captain Falcon has the Falcon Punch, and "YES!", but Link has the ability to pwn just about anything. And he can do the shield thing.

Anyway, back on topic, I never really thought about the shield. I did, however, think of how he stores all his items, how he manages to swing a ball and chain around, and the Clawshot. Hmm...

Maybe with the shield, you know how it has two "arm holes", right? Well, Link could bypass the first one (from his right) and grab the second, draw the shield and swing it around in his hand so that he can put it on his arm. That's my best guess.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
a better question is, why does he have to put the iron boots on in order to sink? he already has them in his "pack" or wherever he holds them so he should sink regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom