• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Link draws his sword...

Amelie

Air Dancer
I always thought he put the sheild on the sheeth.. like.. hung it on there by the straps.. and.. is just really quick with both of his hands so that he can pulled the sword out and grab his shield at the same time? =O

Im not really sure. I will have to pay more attention to it. And the thing with AlttP is probably for memory purposes. Instead of keeping the sword in the same hand for a new sprite it saves room and is easyer just to mirror it.

I cant be sure though ^^

L

link man

i think it would be stupid if every time you wanted to take out your shild you have to take it out and flip it i think it is that way just because it would be dumb to even have a shild if it takes 30 seconds to take it out the enemy can hit you like 10 times by then so i think they just did it for your own good

E

ebuch

It probably also has something to do with the actual animation process. The way they ended up making it could have been the most efficient (in terms of animation) means of making it appear he is drawing his sword and shield.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
I've noticed that in the older LoZfan that when you face direction.. Link is right handed.. however.. if you face the opposite direction he;s Left handed.... WTF

E

ebuch

There's a different thread for that discussion, but it's because they used mirrored sprites to make things easier

master sword

everything is breakable
or sleep and in tp he eats bee larves (smerig) ;)

I never noticed the shield problem, i will look for it when i play zelda again

bee larva are good, you ever tryem?

but there hard to get cuz of teh other bees>.<
(i learned the hard way[>.<x2])

yea that shield thing ive noticed it... in TP press the defend button to draw shield and release it immediately its HILARIOUS :P do it very fast

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Im not to sure about tp, but i noticed that when you put the shield away in OoT its upside-down when he puts it on his back...then in the next frame its right side up! wtf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom