• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Whats Your Least Favorite Dungeon in TWW?

whats your least favorite dungeon?

• Forsaken Fortress

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon Roost Cavern

• Forbdden woods

• Tower of the Gods

• Earth temple

• Wind temple

• Ganons castle/towe/palacer

• Total voters

Pen

The game is on!
The Forbidden Woods. I just found that dungeon too dark and quiet. It was good though, all the dungeons in WW are, it just wasn't as good as the others. The boss battle at the end wasn't that great either actually.

I think it's really weird though that so many people think that the Forsaken Fortress is the worst dungeon, that one was my favorite. I like dungeons that have a story to them, like the Forsaken Fortress, which you visit two times! And on top of that, it holds my favorite boss in the game!

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
My least favorite Wind Waker dungeon was Forbidden Woods, maybe its just personal but, in the place where there were 2 plant things on the door and acroos was the door with the boomerang, I thought that you had to kil the plant enemies first and then go there(i didnt enter the place with the boomerang) so i brought the deku stick up there and the walking stick glitch in WW kept making the stik fall and i couldnt kill the 2nd plant, then i got lucky and killed with a deku stick just to discover that in the next room i also needed the boomerang(to bring down the pineapple things so that you can glide across with the deku leaf) and i had spent hours trying to enter that room. Though something similar happened to me in the earth temple for less time, i didnt know medli could hold her harp up after you return to controlling Link, and i was stuck in the Re-dead statue that unlocks the stairs

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, I voted Wind Temple because of how long it took me to figure out how to rescue Makar, but only afterwards I thought of how it took me even LONGER to get out of Forsaken Fortress. That was way too long for a first dungeon, in my opinion.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
My least favorite dungeon in the Wind Waker is the Wind Temple. This temple was very boring and long. Very long. It overall just wasn't designed well. You had to constantly switch items for puzzles and play the Command Melody which got old really fast. Don't even get me started on the music it was just annoying and repetitive I hated to listen to it. This Dungeon was kind of like the City in the Sky for this game it suffered from some of the same things the bad music, the boring design, bland puzzles. It isn't the worst dungeon in the whole series but it is up there on my hated Dungeons list.

Forsaken Fortress. Normally in games, i love stealth, but only when I can take out targets. Like in assassins creed. but in Zelda, the barrel thing was boring.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Wind Temple all the way, always has been my least favorite. Even worse, it's the last dungeon before Ganon's Tower, so worst for last in this case.

I just found it to be boring, and the music is dull. Not hard much since I know where to go by heart, but it just felt like the most boring temple in the game. It was also annoying carrying Makar around.

K

Kieran-

Hmmm... I would have to say The Wind Temple. I'd always lose Mr. Onion, and or fall down to the bottom floor of the Main Hall type area, and have to re-travel up it just to get back to my original place. :l Not a fun dungeon. But I loved the Temple Of Gods. (Just saying :D)

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Tower of the Gods. Simple reason, I didn't like it as much as the others, though I still really enjoyed it. The others seemed more original.

Wind temple for several reasons: It's tedious, it's boring, what to do next isn't always as obivous as it should be, which thus means it's poorly designed.

I got stuck for hours because I didn't expect the two switches at the top (behind the net) opened the path to the boss lair, and I didn't care to check it for mainly one major reason: When you have a door at one side of an enormous room, you should never put the trigger to open it on the complete opposite side of the room without leaving at least some kind of indicator (anyhow discreete it may be). A simple chest with some rupees within the room with the switches would have been enough, but that's unfortunately not the case in the wind temple. I had gotten all the treassure chests at that floor, so I felt no need to revisit it.

What I'm saying is that there should be a balance where the puzzle elements should be some degree of obivous, not too obivous, not too little obivous. If puzzles are too obivous, then they becomes boring, but if they are too little obivous, then it becomes tedious and frustrating. These indicators should be so discreete that most people don't realize that they are there, but apparent enough so our subconscious can pick them up and use them to figure out the puzzle.

Some games - like Portal by Valve - has an extreemely well use of discreete hints and indicators (example; checkerboard-tiled floors and use of light), while I feel that the sequel - Portal 2 - is an exemple of a game with just a bit too signifficant indicators (more contrast when light is used as an indicator). Another example of such an indicator is the very opening of the original Super Mario Bros, where any new player is almost guaranteed to either pick up the mushroom or be killed by a goomba (this way they learn that goombas are bad but mushrooms are good, despite the face that goombas and mushrooms look very similar).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom