• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What would you do if this game came out and it completely SUCKED?

So there's been a massive amount of hype for this game, and not without reason: It looks incredible.

However, we've thought the same before. Twilight Princess also looked incredible, and while I still love it, it didn't exactly deliver what was expected.

As a non-Zelda example, there is the recent lukewarm release of No Man's Sky, a game which is generally considered to be fairly decent but nothing like what was predicted.

So what would your reaction be if Breath of the Wild was absolutely terrible?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dio
Well I'd renounce Nintendo as a start. They have been nothing but a disappointment for years now and BoTW is the final chance I am giving them to make something great again.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. I mean, on Zelda alone, the last incredibly good one was Wind Waker (In general opinion), and some people don't even like that. The NX is worrying me a bit as well.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
aguaT5.gif

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I learned to intentionally set low expectations after Skyward Sword, though A Link Between Worlds and Hyrule Warriors have steered me away from that mentality.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Quite honestly. I'm done with nintendo. I wrote them off a long time ago, in fact. Heck, I'm pretty much done with video games given how disgustingly exploitative and creatively bankrupt this business has gotten.

I won't be playing BotW. The graphics really are a deal breaker for me. It's a shame too because it actually looks like everything I've been wanting in a Zelda game for years and yet- it feels like it's all too little too late and none of it is ground that any other game released within the last decade hasn't already broken.

Even *if* the graphics had been to my liking I would be extremely skeptical of anything nintendo does and I would be approaching botw with extreme caution. There have simply been too many massive betrayals in video game land for anyone with any sense of basic pattern recognition not to be at least a bit wary by now. On Nintendo's front, Skyward Sword and Other M aren't going to be forgotten any time soon and the later at least sure as hell isn't going to be forgiven.

More than that I simply won't be purchasing a WiiU or whatever NX is. I have absolutely no incentive to. Heck, I'm finding it difficult to justify buying a PS4. The Wii is that thing I play Twilight Princess on about once or twice a year and the PS4 is that thing I sometimes spend a week playing Witcher 3 on.

But if I still trusted nintendo and if botw looked like I want it too I would be all too eager to shut up and give them my money. But as it stands that is not the case. Nintendo's already lost me. At least I still have the memories :)

So whether BotW's a gem or a turd really means little to me. I hope for everyone else's sake that it doesn't disappoint.

I will not suck. People will just incorrectly think it sucks, like how they incorrectly think Zelda 2 sucks when it is quite the opposite. Zelda 2 is a good game.
BotW will not be a trash as Wind Waker is. Sure the aesthetic of BotW is not the best but the new features and innovations more than make up for it.

Well I'd renounce Nintendo as a start. They have been nothing but a disappointment for years now and BoTW is the final chance I am giving them to make something great again.

As long as the demo wasn't a lie - the rest of hte game could be terrible and I still can't feel the game "sucks". But assuming it does, I don't think I'd renounce Nintendo. Not just because of what I do for a living, but because I also disagree that Nintendo has been nothing but a disappointment.

Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario Kart 8, Tropical Freeze, Fire Emblem Fates... the list goes on and on with the massively amazing Nintendo games this generation. I think the Wii U was a misfire and the 3DS is showing that the DS type era is coming to a close, but I can't say I'm wholly upset with the game output. While you can point to what you don't have, there are a ton of gems out there.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I will not suck. People will just incorrectly think it sucks, like how they incorrectly think Zelda 2 sucks when it is quite the opposite. Zelda 2 is a good game.
BotW will not be a trash as Wind Waker is. Sure the aesthetic of BotW is not the best but the new features and innovations more than make up for it.
What the heck is this? "Nice WRONG opinion" - the8thark. You didn't even answer the question of the OP.

Anyway, I'm not sure. I'd probably still buy the next game but I'd be incredibly disappointed based on all of the trailers and how long we've waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom