• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What would you do if this game came out and it completely SUCKED?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly I will be completely astounded beyond belief. Like, on the level of earth-shattering, world-view-shattering bewilderment. After everything we've seen, every single thing has either been something I've always wanted for the Zelda series or something I never even thought about and still find amazing. I've never been this excited for a Zelda game. This beats out my excitement for Skyward Sword, which I loved and still love. This even beats out my excitement for Monster Hunter Generations. For a game that's building up to have so much that I've ever wanted in a Zelda game, and in a video game in general, to turn out to be no good? I would be absolutely dumbstruck beyond the point of words. I can't properly articulate how upset and bewildered I'd be.

Aku

I'd be severely disappointed, definitely. It would be like Duke Nukem Forever all over again, where it was said to be this definitive game, but ended up practically putting a dev company into debt with endless delays, to make it 'teh best game evar,' and yet still massively sucked.

If this game sucks, I have a feeling it might end up being the iceberg that sinks the Titanic. The ship doesn't sink right away, it still floats for a little bit, but ultimately the wound is still fatal. The reason I say this, is that the Wii U ended up being a flop due to not having enough decent games or matching other consoles' abilities, along with SS not being exactly that great. With BOTW generating massive hype and expectations, but then sucking, this might be a potentially mortal blow because of these things. People won't want to try anything with Nintendo anymore, because BOTW would end up destroying whatever good faith people have in their next games.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I would not write off Nintendo entirely because I rather enjoy their handheld offerings, but Breath of the Wild is more than likely going to either make or break my opinion of the franchise as a whole.

Outside of A Link Between Worlds (which admittedly is just an over-glorified rehash of A Link to the Past with a couple of cool gimmicks and a revamped storyline and even then, I didn't pick it up until almost a year after launch), recent The Legend of Zelda titles just don't capture my attention like they used to and I wasn't particularly wowed by what we were shown of BotW at E3. I'm perfectly content to let Breath of the Wild be my swan song with the franchise if the game itself is a steaming hot mess.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I will not suck. People will just incorrectly think it sucks, like how they incorrectly think Zelda 2 sucks when it is quite the opposite. Zelda 2 is a good game.
BotW will not be a trash as Wind Waker is. Sure the aesthetic of BotW is not the best but the new features and innovations more than make up for it.
Let's make Zelda Great again.

This game looks like it will be everything I want in a Zelda game, so I will be mildly disappointed if it's awful. However, I'm trying to keep my expectations low so that I can enjoy it for what it is.

I'll probably still be loyal to the Legend of Zelda until the day I die.

Speaking of which, the best Zelda game ive played this generation was Rise of the Tomb raider. It was a major inspiration and the world design is very reflective of that. From dungeons with items/powers as rewards, shop keepers who exchange tokens for items, to the side quest nature.

So even if BOTW failed, i would still have ROTTR for my Zelda fix.

As I said in the SB earlier today, this would require the entire e3 to be a huge lie. In that case, I would certainly be really upset.

Speaking of which, the best Zelda game ive played this generation was Rise of the Tomb raider. It was a major inspiration and the world design is very reflective of that. From dungeons with items/powers as rewards, shop keepers who exchange tokens for items, to the side quest nature.

That's

Not a Zelda game.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly

It's really bonkers how many Zelda games that aren't Zelda games do the Zelda game thing better than most Zelda games.

The first Tombraider (2013 reboot or whatever) was like this.

Batman Arkham City is literally a Zelda game if you swap Gotham City for Hyrule, Batman for Link and make him fight with his fists instead of a sword.

Nintendo, where the hell have you been???

I will burn down Shigeru Miyamoto's house. Then I will take over Nintendo and force them to make a new console that can actually compete with the next generation. Then I'll take over the rest of Japan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom