• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Musical Instrument Would You Like To See?

MyBelleMich

Curb Your Enthusiasm
A simple violin but if we are looking for something small and compact a good ole harmonica (yet i feel this depends on the style of the game yada yada yada)

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I also want a violin in the game. Of course, they'd have to skip the years of practice it takes...or SHOULD THEY?

"Link, a young violinist who isn't afraid of the stage, must take up a new instrament....OF DEAAAAAAATH!"

My vote is for none.
Maybe this Zelda will use something that is not an instrument of sound to move the story along. Maybe a prism for light or some way to dig into the earth or something. I don't really have too many good ideas here.

I agree we shouldn't have an instrument.
But if we do need one... it might utilize the gamepad. Maybe... a cello?

In many Zelda games, Link carries a musical instrument that often aids him in his adventure. What's Ocarina of Time Link without his Ocarina of Time, Spirit Tracks Link without his Spirit Flute, or Skyward Sword Link without his harp?

It wouldn't be a surprise if we see a new musical instrument in the upcoming Zelda U. So what would you like to see? A saxophone? Bassoon? Clarinet? Banjo? Didgeridoo?

In all seriousness, I think it'd be interesting to see Link carry a snare drum in Zelda U. Why? Symbolism.

The harp feels like a symbol of heavenly peace or divine wisdom, so it's no surprise that the harp in Skyward Sword belongs to the Goddess Hylia. So I think we could have another symbolic instrument like that in Zelda. Honestly, I'm not sure if a snare drum really symbolises anything, but I see it as a symbol of war and battle. Kind of like how in the wars of centuries past, you might see a military drummer boy sending signals with his drumming (or something like that). Not sure why Link would carry a symbol of war... maybe it'd be the war against Ganon? It's an odd idea I have.

So, what instruments would you like to see Link wield in Zelda U?

I've always felt a celtic vibe would be rather fitting. I'd like to see some Uilleann pipes (Irish bag pipes) :)

Djinn

and Tonic
I think at this point it is hard to not just tread old ground and either reuse an instrument or make something incredibly similar to what has appeared in a previous game.

Either way I like the wind instruments most of all out of the variety. I really hated the harp so I'm hoping to not see any string instruments any longer. Maybe something like pan pipes again like the spirit flute.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
A viola would be pretty cool. Though, it'd have to be ocarina level of playing rather than harp type waving the wii remote at random for it to be fun. You learn like four songs on the harp and they don't sound anything like they're supposed to when you play them. It was kind of funny, but it was not a good thing to include.

Alright, so the other day I was listening to some awesome Zelda music covers, and I really awesome idea popped into my head. It sort of coincides with some things I'm really interested. Namely, I love hearing Zelda music played by skilled violinists. So it's no surprise that my earlier answer was 'violin'. But I've come to realize that I'd like there to be much more than that.

I want the instrument to be very complex. I mean, basically like the 64 era ocarina. For those who don't totally remember, you played the main game songs just with simple buttons. But if you wanted you could really get complicated with it. Holding different buttons or titling the control stick could give you half and quarter notes and vibrato. So, the complexity was there for those who knew how to use it or wanted to play around, but learning it was never required. But, if you provide a tool for fun-having, then people will of course pick up on that.

What I'd like to see implemented is a sort of… composer tool. (ok i have to say i'm gaining new momentum and ideas for this idea even as i type this, so it's gonna change from what i thought up yesterday). Originally I thought it would be cool just to do this with Link's Violin. You could compose your own violin songs, and write them down on parchment. Then, with dozens, perhaps hundreds of small hidden grottos sprinkled throughout the world, you could go to any of those special locations and leave your composition scrolls in treasure chests that you've already opened. Then, in a feature much like the Tingle Bottles (which gave people an enormously entertaining creative outlet) from WWHD, you could have other players discover your compositions and play them back (you could likely have a "Stone of Agony" feature that lets you know when someone's hidden composition is close by). The addition to this idea I just came up with, however, is a form of 'concert mode', where there might be several other NPCs in the game, each with their own instrument. You could not only record Link's violin parts, but parts for the other instruments as well. Then players who discover them could take them back to town and have the scores played, orchestra style, by Link and the accompanying NPCs. Who knows, maybe the appreciative townsfolk might even reward you with rupees or other items! I just really like this idea. It can foster cooperation and appreciation in the fan community, and it can be a way that players are drawn into the game, especially because with all the possible instruments, you can make lots of lively and creative characters to play them, and it's very likely that players will find at least one that they can really relate to and enjoy. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom