• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Musical Instrument Would You Like To See?

Sheik

:the:
In many Zelda games, Link carries a musical instrument that often aids him in his adventure. What's Ocarina of Time Link without his Ocarina of Time, Spirit Tracks Link without his Spirit Flute, or Skyward Sword Link without his harp?

It wouldn't be a surprise if we see a new musical instrument in the upcoming Zelda U. So what would you like to see? A saxophone? Bassoon? Clarinet? Banjo? Didgeridoo?

In all seriousness, I think it'd be interesting to see Link carry a snare drum in Zelda U. Why? Symbolism.

The harp feels like a symbol of heavenly peace or divine wisdom, so it's no surprise that the harp in Skyward Sword belongs to the Goddess Hylia. So I think we could have another symbolic instrument like that in Zelda. Honestly, I'm not sure if a snare drum really symbolises anything, but I see it as a symbol of war and battle. Kind of like how in the wars of centuries past, you might see a military drummer boy sending signals with his drumming (or something like that). Not sure why Link would carry a symbol of war... maybe it'd be the war against Ganon? It's an odd idea I have.

So, what instruments would you like to see Link wield in Zelda U?

A Modcan. I like to see him 'wield' that around. Quests could consist of finding cables to make patches with. :right:

front.jpg

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
If he found a keyboard, I would love it to be magical. For example, if the keyboard was in Majora's Mask, it would be easy. Link would just start pressing keys randomly and say "Take me to the moon, take me to the moon woahh! Would you take me to the moon!" And poof. He'll be transported there.

But I think that if we were want to see a musical instrument in the next game, it would be somewhat related to the woodwind family. Or ya know, maybe an acoustic guitar. It would be cool to see a guitar that could control animals for the future Zelda game.

i didn't steal the keyboard idea from my old blog

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Anything you PLAY. Not the harp. They royally fricked that up. I want to play the instrument. Like the flute or ocarina or whatever. But honestly I don't care... As long as you get to play it

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
Upright bass. I would LOVE to see him try to carry that around. But in all seriousness, I think a lute would be pretty cool, or if the game is going for a heavy Japanese feel (which I think it is judging by the hats on the farmers and the anime style) a shamisen would be interesting. I just want to see a stringed instrument. And of course it has to be playable unlike the harp.

D

Deleted member 14134

I think Link should carry a pipe organ around with him. Imagine pulling that out and having it fill the entire screen, or clip through NPCs/terrain.

I was gonna say grand piano but you one-upped me before the page even loaded.

Also I was severely disappointed when I went to the Zelda symphony and there wasn't a harp solo where the musician just randomly strummed it back and forth without rhythm or reason.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I have a slight feeling that interactive music won't play a big part in this game, if at all.

If you actually look at the last two titles this is very apparent, Skyward Sword sort of shoehorned the Harp in and it added next to nothing to the overall experience, while A Link Between Worlds didn't have any sort of important musical item.

To be honest I wouldn't actually that bothered of we weren't to see a musical item/instrument again. Don't get me wrong, I did like the Ocarina back in MM and OoT--using it to change time, weather, teleport etc.--however we could do all this without music really. I know music is such a big aspect and such a crucial fundamental part of the series, but I wouldn't be surprised or upset if no musical item was present in the Wii U installment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom