• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
TotK's story had three tasks: be as dark and intense and it promised to be, do something interesting and not be just another standard Zelda plot, and finally, don't make the lore an even bigger mess than it already is.

It just failed so spectacularly in these three points that some people who normally like Zelda stories couldn't give it a pass.
I don't know if TotK's plot was ever really setup to be anything especially dark. Maybe dark in the literal sense that Link and Zelda walk through a well lit cave for all of two minutes, but not much beyond that. Feels about as dark as Twilight Princess was.

Feels about as dark as Twilight Princess was.
As someone replaying TP, lol no. I'd say BotW was closer to it, and Majora's edges out both, no pun intended.

TotK... doesn't really have anything too heavy to it. It's pretty much a basic "Where Zelda?" with the regional phenomena around the temples where some Sages are awakened and we all know Ganondorf messed everything up. That's closer to OoT's Adult Link's section but the Sages don't go poof.

Sure, it has some scenes that are a bit more impactful, but it's nowhere like TP where the plot makes sure to get personal with Link and Midna 24/7.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
As someone replaying TP, lol no. I'd say BotW was closer to it, and Majora's edges out both, no pun intended.

TotK... doesn't really have anything too heavy to it. It's pretty much a basic "Where Zelda?" with the regional phenomena around the temples where some Sages are awakened and we all know Ganondorf messed everything up. That's closer to OoT's Adult Link's section but the Sages don't go poof.

Sure, it has some scenes that are a bit more impactful, but it's nowhere like TP where the plot makes sure to get personal with Link and Midna 24/7.
I know, I just mean that TotK falls into the usual Zelda norm of having almost no stakes. Something like TP puts on the air of being dark right in the beginning, but then barely has anything bad happen to anyone.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I know. I named lost woods because most theories say he died there. Personally I believe he didn't die there at all.
Saying he died in the Lost Woods feels like a tremendous leap of logic. The Link we play as in MM is a child, but the one we meet in Twilight Princess is very much the skeleton of an adult. Was he just playing patty-cake for ten years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom