• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U What improvements would you like to see inTPHD?

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Ok, no one seems to have brought it up-

But did TP GCN even do anything with the C Stick? And the Gamepad/Pro controller basically have an analog stick doing sweet FA.

After seeing how well it worked in MM3D, I wouldnt mind them adding free camera to TP- and given there's a stick doing nothing, I'd be suprised if they didnt.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Ok, no one seems to have brought it up-

But did TP GCN even do anything with the C Stick? And the Gamepad/Pro controller basically have an analog stick doing sweet FA.

After seeing how well it worked in MM3D, I wouldnt mind them adding free camera to TP- and given there's a stick doing nothing, I'd be suprised if they didnt.
TP GCN had a free camera with the C-Stick, unlike its Wii counterpart

Six and two threes I guess, had it been a heart piece on the other side and had it been a puzzle I could have done at any point then I probably wouldnt have minded it (since there were harder puzzles for heart pieces later on).

But since I knew what was about to happen it made me quite impatient to get it done and it ended up annoying me.

Dont get me wrong, I dont dislike the puzzle, I just think it was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think a better idea would have been to have a howling stone instead which would summon the hero's shade which would usher in a cutscene where he could have told you that he once wielded it etc. I think that would have been better than a puzzle before such a series defining scene.
You'd rather a game replace the gameplay with a cutscene to get the Master Sword?

The puzzle really wasn't that hard, it was a bit of a thinker, but it wasn't hard if you actually paid attention to their patterns. I recall it took me about 10 minutes.

If they want to replace it with a different approach, then that's fine, but if they replace that part with a cutscene, then I'm boycotting Nintendo forever.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You'd rather a game replace the gameplay with a cutscene to get the Master Sword?

The puzzle really wasn't that hard, it was a bit of a thinker, but it wasn't hard if you actually paid attention to their patterns. I recall it took me about 10 minutes.

If they want to replace it with a different approach, then that's fine, but if they replace that part with a cutscene, then I'm boycotting Nintendo forever.
I would have liked it better if you had a Wolf Link dungeon.... I mean, we never truly had one of those all throughout TP. It was a wasted opportunity.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I would have liked it better if you had a Wolf Link dungeon.... I mean, we never truly had one of those all throughout TP. It was a wasted opportunity.

That's basically what the Twilight Sections were.

Why would anyone want to lynch you over that? It's fine by me if they put one in. Doesn't mean I'll have to use it. *edit* Infact, I'd applaud the decision to put an optional help system into the game instead of, say, writing Fi into it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
People will kill me for this.

Like, come and put my head on a pike.

....They might want to add Shiekah Stones. I don't know if that'd work as amazingly as it did in MM3D; WWHD seemed fine without them. But I wonder if it''d work for TP like it did MM?

Its time to set up my angry mob supplies store again, to capitalise on what you said.

We stock torches and pitchforks in a variety of shapes and sizes.

Dan

I hope they don't make too many "improvements" other than some bug fixing and of course prettier graphics.
The game itself is pretty flawless to me already. I doubt Nintendo will overhaul anything major but I could be wrong.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
I hope they don't make too many "improvements" other than some bug fixing and of course prettier graphics.
The game itself is pretty flawless to me already. I doubt Nintendo will overhaul anything major but I could be wrong.
Even the Magic Armor? I think they should make it function identically to Wind Waker HD, where it consumes rupees but ONLY WHEN HIT. Anyone else's thoughts?

Based off of the wording, that's how I thought the Magic Armor worked when I got it. I was a little disappointed when I found out how it actually functioned.

Gamepad support's a good start as far as improving the experience - the gamepad did a lot for Wind Waker HD, and I have no doubt that having inventory and map access without pausing the game will be a nice addition to Twilight Princess. I'd like to see some buttons for quick transforming and warping as well. Between those additions, the game should handle quite well. Outside of control changes, I'd love to see some other elements of the game get smaller tweaks. Buff the Magic Armor, and smooth out the Tears of Light a little bit. I enjoyed that sequence personally, but you could shave off a couple of bugs from each area and make that experience a bit nicer for everyone without losing anything. Hero Mode is something I'd really like to see - the general atmosphere of the game calls for a more challenging world than what the base game provides. I suppose the remaster could also address the issue with no item for changing between day/night and how late into the game the horse whistle is given - fixing that up would be nice.

Any other improvements that I want tend to be more crazy dreams than actual changes that we could see implemented. I'd like it if the group at Telma's Bar got some additional side quests, I liked that group but we never really got enough of any individual character from it. The game's side content in general could use some fleshing out - more mini games and shops would go a long way towards fixing that, but any addition in that department would be great.

Personally, if TP is supposed to be the "difficult, gritty Zelda" it was supposed to be when it was made, it should live up to it. I think the Magic Armor is fine, and honestly even in Hero Mode WW HD was extremely easy, I only got the Magic Armor for 100%ing. Hell, if we get a Hero Mode in TPHD, I honestly hope Magic Armor drains rupees twice as fast. Speaking of Hero Mode, here's the current list of things I'd like to be added on the off chance we're given one:
Magic Armor draining twice as fast
Boss Rush mode at the end of the Cave of Ordeals
Double Damage
No hearts spawning naturally (basically WWHD's Hero Mode and SS' Hero Mode without any sort of badge)
Ordonian Outfit replaces Hero's Clothes for the entire game

Can anybody else think of some more things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom