• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U What improvements would you like to see inTPHD?

Can anybody else think of some more things?
Not directly tied in with Hero Mode, though slightly related: I've always felt like the monsters and bosses in Twilight Princess are a little too passive. They spend far too much time idling in between attacks, which contributes a lot to how easy they are - more so than the damage their attacks do, I'd say. If anything, I think if the remake wanted to create a difficult or gritty experience, making monsters more aggressive in general would be a huge improvement.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Not directly tied in with Hero Mode, though slightly related: I've always felt like the monsters and bosses in Twilight Princess are a little too passive. They spend far too much time idling in between attacks, which contributes a lot to how easy they are - more so than the damage their attacks do, I'd say. If anything, I think if the remake wanted to create a difficult or gritty experience, making monsters more aggressive in general would be a huge improvement.

Agreed. Improved enemy AI should be implemented. In my view in both hero and normal mode. Only in hero mode not only are they more intelligent and aggressive but they do a decent amount of damage.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Still never understood the whole gritty aspect of TP...the only time it was ever presented as gritty IMO was in the American trailer...if even then.

It was meant to be a more serious Zelda to counter WW's toony graphics and floaty gameplay, since most people thought the new Zelda would be like the Spaceworld Demo.

DarkestLink

It never came across as a "serious game" to me. It more came across as Nintendo deciding not to use the cell shading style Wind Waker had because it felt childish and alienated their audience. TP felt like a step back towards "Being for everyone" like OoT and MM were.

Considering it had depictions of nudity and blood, I think it's more for around 13 and up (especially considering that it and LCT are the only Zelda games to receive a higher rating than E or E10+.)

DarkestLink

Actually...OoT and MM had far more nudity, and OoT was the only game with blood unless you count Ganondorf's unicorn blood at the end.

Actually...OoT and MM had far more nudity, and OoT was the only game with blood unless you count Ganondorf's unicorn blood at the end.
1. Not really. The Great Fairy is literally nude in TP, the only thing even covering her is literally hair and the Hylian equivalent of a wash rag.
latest

2. First off, OoT isn't the only Zelda game to feature blood; first game in the series to feature blood was Adventure of Link. And yes, I DO count Dark Beast Ganon's blood as blood, because, um, it's blood.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

And the fairies in OoT and MM were even more revealing and shown more often. Hence "more nudity". Also...I didn't think AoL was involved in this conversation.

They weren't anymore revealing; they wore unitards that were pretty form fitting, yes, but The Great Fairy of TP is literally wearing just a mid drift. Also, I brought up AoL because you stated OoT was the only game with blood in it.

DarkestLink

The great fairies in OoT and MM had just a few stray vines on their body...and had a tendency to give--erm--"suggestive poses", I'll say....

image.png Nah, they clearly had boots, and while I admit they did have some under boob, the vines hid most everything suggestive. Not to mention, yes, they're clearly wearing unitards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom