• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U What improvements would you like to see inTPHD?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Site Staff
Officially no. But evidence of it's supposed future existance has been datamined.
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/legend-of-zelda-tp-icon-found-in-wii-u-e-shop.54268/

There's also a rumour there about an upcoming Nintendo Direct soon.
Oh I knew about the icon thing and all the rumors. I was just wondering if over the weekend anything was confirmed, I saw this and immedietly thought maybe I missed some news because people are talking about it like it's been confirmed.

Oh I knew about the icon thing and all the rumors. I was just wondering if over the weekend anything was confirmed, I saw this and immedietly thought maybe I missed some news because people are talking about it like it's been confirmed.
Well we have the much longer WiiU and 3DS e-shop maintenance on the 19th today. This is confirmed by Nintendo. Everything else at this point is a rumour.

How long before a direct does Nintendo usually tell everyone that a direct is coming up?

Adding to what people have said here, make some sort of post-dungeon enchantment to the spinner that makes it keep going, so you can ride it like a hoverboard. it doesn't even need to go any faster than your running speed, just make it fun to use. After that… I dunno, just add more stuff to find. And get rid of those stupid horseshoe reeds and just give us the Epona whistle early on. Getting it as practically an end-game item was plan stupid.

Make the overworld more interesting. Really all this game has going for it is it's fantastic dungeons and a cool wolf form. I love TP, but I think this improvement is important.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I really hope they stay true to the original artstyle, while making the obvious enhancements. I'd hate to see them change too much and completely ruin the tone of the game. So on the visual side, more subtle effects than anything else. Keep the darker colour scheme, but make the textures nicer to look at so to say (just more detail really). Then throw in more vibrant colours in the lighter sections of the game - Lake Hylia, Castle Town, Gerudo Desert etc. - to create a real contrast between light and dark, which is what the game's based around anyway. Then I'd like an enchantment to the character animations, so facial expressions and the like.

This also kind of relates to visuals, but add in dynamic whether and lighting effects. The game tried to do this somewhat, but we're talking 2006 technology and hell it looked amazing at the time, but now we're essentially two gens ahead. So I'd like to see the light of the sun really effect the world; how it comes through the leaves in the woods, how it reflects of the water in the lakes etc. Then make weather more dynamic. We saw heavy rainfall in Hyrule Castle, So why not build upon this concept in the entire world? Have thunderstorms at night, heavy rainfall in the day, gusts of wind (City in the Sky-esque), and maybe even some snowfall (probably stretching a little too far with that one.

On other additions, well I don't really want them to change the core game too much as all I really want to play is a more visually appealing version of one of my favorite games. Though I think there are a few additions that couldn't hurt. For one, I'd love a hero mode because let's face it the game isn't exactly difficult (like the majority of Zelda games). So a new mode that adds a bit of difficulty would be welcomed. Also I'd really like an idea that I've been toying with in my head and that's online play. Calm down, not multiplayer, but basically online features. Have a dungeon rush mode to see who can get the best time on a specific dungeon
(have global leaderboards) and maybe a mode to see who can make it through each dungeon consecutively with limited lives. Would really add a lot after completion.

Also for a special edition, please give me the original soundtrack on disc.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I think you have some good suggestions, but wouldn't making Hyrule Field less sparse and the Spinner more prevalent change Twilight Princess's identity? Hyrule Field doesn't need to be filled with challenges. It's just an area connecting the various locations of the game together. Plus, fields in real life don't really have much to do either. It's not feasible to place much outside of a cave or hidden hole here and there. Twilight Princess is fine the way it is in that respect. As for items, I completely agree that the likes of the Spinner, Ball and chain, and Dominion Rod were severely underused, but adding more content around those items would not be faithful to what Twilight Princess originally was on GameCube and Wii. I'd rather changes be unobtrusive to the overall experience and smooth out the rough ends, like swift sailing and the Tri Force Shards quest did in The Wind Waker HD.

I have no objections to streamlining the experience either, especially with the all the items you've mentioned. (I had completely forgotten about the Dominion Rod until you brought it up). I also agree with @Vanessa28 that the Tears of Light sections should be shortened, too.

But my problem still stands with TP's Hyrule Field. As vast as it is, I felt it was too empty for my liking. Adding a little more to it would help it feel more natural or more lively. Even adding a minigame or two wouldn't hurt, like having another race with the Postman. But these are little nitpicks of mine, nothing more.

oh man, it would be cool if there were some statues around Hyrule Field that you could use the Dominion Rod on to beat up on monsters too. That would be cool.

I think implementing the wiiu game pad like Wind Waker did is a must. Have the map open at all times (unless opening items bag) and then be able to write notes on the map. I think it would work, especially if there are new secrets in the game.

Also taking a page from Wind Waker HD, why not have a tingle bottle like system but this time use the mailman! He was already pretty funny to begin with.

I think there were s good amount of minigames, but maybe adding two more (one for the spinner and for the ball and chain or dominion rode?) would give previous players more to do?

I will buy this game either way, although HD is a must.

Less spiders
Er-I mean more vibrant graphics. I get it's Twilight Princess, but everything in that game looked still looked too dull for my liking. It was like viewing the world through a screen of dirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom