• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Don't You Want To See In a Future Zelda Game

S

Seldavia

I would play the go kart game actually. I just dont want any more half baked games that are waay to easy and are AlttP rehashes. I want something new. Like what MM was.

Well, that's probably what you'll get. I doubt a Wii game could be played on another console, if they go all-out with the Wii capabilities. So they'll probably throw in a bunch of stuff they couldn't fit in anywhere else.

I'd rather have a "rehash", or more precisely, an "entry in the History of Hyrule". One of the reasons I didn't like MM is because it didn't feel like Zelda at all.

But the Wii is all about experimentation, so why not?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Lets see. Here is my list of no-nos.

-No game with a rating higher than teen. It took me weeks to tell my parents that Twilight Princess had no blood in it...
-No game that is a gore fest. I don't need to be puking over my controls.
-No game with futeristic stuff, such as the Master Dagger, a motorcycle named Epona, and an evil police cheif named Ganondorf.
-No game that is seriousally easy or gives you directions as how to complete the puzzle.
-No game with a cramped Overworld. Hey, I need space to explore.
-No game that seems non-canon. There are some strange ideas out there that just scream non-canon.
-No game that overexadurates the plot twist thing (TP did that ALOT. You have a lot of plot twists in Kakoriko Village in its own...).

Amelie

Air Dancer
The reason I liked MM is because it wasnt a rehash and it still felt like Zelda. Something fresh and new. All the others are just starting to feel like the same thing over and over to me.

But we all have different opinions ^^

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
I am amazed no one else has said this for a while, but NO MORE GODDAMN TINGLE! ... sorry, couldn't help myself... I mean, I understand a bunch of Links, Zeldas, heck, I wouldn't mind if they brought back the little annoying dog from MM. Just no more Tingle. He belongs in hell, not zelda. I mean it Nintendo... Please.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I don't want Ganondorf anymore. I understand games like Mario where Bowser has become a villain who can't be taken seriously and is allowed to fail again and again so we can laugh at him.
But Ganondorf is a serious evil villain who we've seen to much of. His plans get boring and thus we need fresher villains like Majora.

You can't really omit Ganondorf from a Zelda game, unless they were going to do something similar to Majora's Mask. If there was no Ganondorf, it would break the Triforce link. Who would have the Triforce of Power then? I know they could just make a new villain, but I don't think it would be the same.

As for things I don't want in a new Zelda game, it's harder to think of things I don't want rather than things I do want, but here's my list:

No more characters acting super ridiculous without a good reason ~ Like Tingle. Or basically any character that flails and screams without being in pain. It's good to have funny characters (and I want them in a future game), but these types are just embarrassing to watch.

No G-rating ~ Wow. Judging by the previous posts, I'm going to be unpopular for saying this. I'm not asking for a bloodbath or a really adult storyline. I would just like a bit more realism and more complicated themes being explored in the story.

No Dead World ~ A real kingdom would be much bigger and would have more villages. Hyrule should feel like a living, breathing world. Also, a bigger overworld would mean more opportunities for exploration and for discovering secrets, which is the main aspect of the Zelda series, isn't it?

Recycling gameplay elements might be a problem, but if you take some of those away, it wouldn't be Zelda. Also, voice acting would be nice, but not really necessary. And voice acting in games is still a really risky move, so why take a chance when it works fine as it is?

Z

Zlaja

no twilight. I want to see better ,bigger world. I dont want to see another remake of OoT!!! and I dont want to see shel-shaded graphic for wii. AND NO FIRST PERSON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

linkman8

True and Noble
Agreed with Lonely moon on the point of a non-dead world.
To be honest, I'd actually kind of like the next Zelda game to have a few elements of Oblivion in it, and this is one of them. Hyrule always either seemed far too small or there just wasn't enough in it. That's where Oblivion comes in. If you've ever played it, the world is gigantic, and there's villages and cities scattered throughout it with real average-citizen type people. That, is an element I would like to see in Zelda. It would make it seem so much more life-like.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
Agreed with Lonely moon on the point of a non-dead world.
To be honest, I'd actually kind of like the next Zelda game to have a few elements of Oblivion in it, and this is one of them. Hyrule always either seemed far too small or there just wasn't enough in it. That's where Oblivion comes in. If you've ever played it, the world is gigantic, and there's villages and cities scattered throughout it with real average-citizen type people. That, is an element I would like to see in Zelda. It would make it seem so much more life-like.

Amen. I have never played Oblivion, but still, I agree. Amen.

Kazumi

chagy
No- Higher then M rating.
No- More technology then we already have.
No- Short game.
No- Malon.
No- Companion unless you can play as them a little bit. (Like Zelda for a little bit)

And worst of all- NO CRAMPED OVERWORLD!!!!! Exploration is the best part of any Zelda game!:D

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Don't double post, Zelda Freak, and I wonder how you know that!If you have proofs we want you to post them, if it's pure speculation, then make sure you say it is pure speculation!

I don't wanna see navi or the temple of the Ocean King ever again...Neither bellum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom