• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Don't You Want To See In a Future Zelda Game

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I do not want to see another, over-helpful sidekick.
I am sick and tired of attempting to go through a game and someone shouting all the answers to me every single time. What fun is that? I want to think and solve the puzzles, and I want to find the locations for myself.

I do not want to see easy puzzles.
I want to become so frustrated from a puzzle that I develop a headache, thinking and trying different methods for hours. I want to think for myself, and not have another sidekick think for me.

I do not want a short game.
I want a game that takes me months to complete, that when you wake up in the morning thinking about the massive amount of trials and area in the game drive you to the point where you just have to pick up a controller and see if you can reach the end in 12 hours or more.

I want a game that is lengthy, difficult, and filled with puzzles. Is that too much to ask?
excactly something good and same thing with the M rating a sci-fi ans I ecpecially do not want link to talk that just ruins everything also navi is just plain onnoying and I dont want them to get rid of the mirror shield it was plain awesome I? didn't like the temple of the ocean king mostly beacause it was time but mostly NAVI was friekin annoying

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
:cucco: I just hope they bring back Tingle... So we can have the honor of sending him to hell, off the freakin' bat. I know! Let's get Nintendo to do it (let us kill tingle)! :chu:

Amelie

Air Dancer
I also dont want another game that makes you go from point A to point B. I want a game thats open. A game where I can go anywhere whenever I want at some point without haveing to do anything. Like AlttP and OoT. Like the other Zeldas. Not like TP.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
I don't want them to confirm any relationships between Link and another character!! Like they did at the end of AOL! :cry: Let us be imaginative, Nintendo!

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
What Should They Leave Out?

I definitely want to see some things go, particularly the way they've been reducing areas to island and hubs and leaving much of the overworld to a blank sea or, in ST's case, the likely situation of a blank, untraversable overworld connected by tracks.
Another thing is the whole "I can jump high enough to grasp ledges three feet above my head but can't climb a 45+ degree incline" thing Link's had for a while. This is especially evident in PH, where small raised pieces of ground are as good as walls. Find ways to realistically portray boundaries, darn it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I think developers should rid the world of Gohma and Dodongo. I know they're classic, and we've fought them many times with many different strategies, (though they're weaknessess are the same), but they are getting kind of old.

Another thing I want gone is Hyrule Catle. Allow me to explain. I want a game where Ganon becomes powerfull enough that he actually destroys Hyrule Castle. Like, in the beginning of the game have Link go see Zelda somehow in the Castle, and then after a few dungeons of Ganon/dorf raid it with an army of his minions and completely destroy it and leave it in utter ruin. And then not build his base in The Castle area, have it somewhere else. I think this would make the story much more interesting.

Lastly, I want them to leave out other Realms, and instead make Hyrule bigger. One of the things I liked about TP was that even though they had the Twilight Realm, they didn't reuse dungeons in the Overworld as dungeons in the TR. I didn't enjoy the small world in aLttP, and I won't enjoy it in Zelda Wii.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
So what don't you want to see in a future zelda game?

I wouldn't like to see another annoying character that says "Hey! Hey! Listen":xd: I don't want to go though the experience again with Navi.

I also don't wanna see useless items. It is like we nearly waste all our items, nearly kill ourselves to get them.

First of all i don't wan't useless items that we nearly kill ourselves to get. And second i would have a heart attack (not the good kind) if anotheer navi found it's way into another zelda game. Third no guns, no cars, no lasers, no tacos, no planes. Modern tech takes away from the magic of the zeldas. At the most i will except steam trains and steam boats.

Len

Zelda On Paper
these are the things i don,t want to see again!:
1-lack of enemies
2-loooooooong road to travel
3-a game that has no special 2nd quest (no, i don,t mean than TWW was a little boring to play again, same things are the same, that 2nd quest did not have something like: a new boss!!!! or something new! NEW!, what a complete letdown!)

C

Cameron Dungeon

Hm, I'm not sure if we have a topic like this or not, I can't find one, so I guess it's fine.

There's a couple of things I don't want to see in a future Zelda game.

- Rated M ESRB rating - As I've said before, I don't ever want to see Zelda reach rated M.
- Futuristic Zelda - I would not like a sci-fi Zelda. It would spell the end for the series. I mean Epona becoming a motorcycle? No thanks.
- Link talking - As many other fans feel, since Link has never talked before, I'm not sure he should in the future. Other voice-overs for tertiary or even secondary characters would be fine.

Those are the basics for me.

I quite agree with that with my own opinions. What I don't want to see in a future zelda game is a main character that would replace Link. That would not be cool.

Zarom

The King
Yeah. 100% agree with the person above me. (Well it has originally been said by another person, but whatever... :rolleyes:

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
mostly you all cover it! NO Sci fi and no one shouting HEY YOU in the middle of the night!
Copy and paste this into your signature if you currently own at least 7 Zelda games and plans to get the rest of them! :):zelda::ganondorf: = :triforce:
=)

Last edited:
R

rocker_3

NO- crappy lighting, like in TP, sure i loved the game, but the one thing that made me mad was how shiny the lighting made everything
NO- dead cities, i liked how in Oot almost every city was populated and your could explore evrywhere

YES- tingle- he could be like a comedic relief or an easter egg (eg. you see him falling off a cliff in the distance or something) but i dont want him to be part of the storyline. like one guy said, tingle belongs in hell, not hyrule.
YES- bigger maps, still waiting for a gigantic hyrule field that could be a game of its own
YES-other playable charactors. you should still play as link most of the time, but it would be nice to play as someone else for a change. but only for a little bit.
YES-way to change day to night instantly. i wasted enough time in TP in hyrule field waiting for the sun to rise.

YES- epic war part. hyrule knights (including link, who u played as) vs. ganons monsters. just like the part in metroid prime 3 where u had to go through a huge building with federation troopers

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
For those of you who hate Tingle so much, you should really be hating on Uncle Rupee- he's the freak that literally turns people into Tingles. It's just scary- a demon who runs on money that possesses people in order to get his hands on more.

Anyway, we definitely need a large, explorable overworld. I also agree with the lighting thing in TP- it worked in some places, but kind of grated as an aesthetic. Bringing back collectibles like Skulltulas that required lots of pointless backtracking is no fun, but a collectible series you could actually complete while playing through the game, so long as you explore, would be fun.
Don't get me wrong, if collection quests are too linear, they're no fun, but just something you can work on on the side while playing (and to encourage exploration) would be a nice addition.

- Lame character development.
- Guns.
- Modernized Hyrule.
- Realism.
- Voice actors.
- 1st person view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom