• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Don't You Want To See In a Future Zelda Game

Master94

...I come back someday.
I don't want:
Kaebora gaebora (That owl from oot.)
Too easy bosses/enemies/dungeons.
Tingle's collect-rupees-or you can't get longer in the game quests

Amelie

Air Dancer
Really? I cannot even begin to imagine never coming across Ganon/Ganondorf in any shape or foam in the future. Whether that means fighting, or a simple little "Game Over" scene where you see his silhouette. To me, Ganon/Ganondorf is one of those characters, that if taken from the series, would absolutely change the series in a way that I cannot even begin to think of. To me, it would be like replacing Link.

I agree. Takeing Ganon out is like takeing Link out of the series. Or takeing Dracula from Castlevania.

I do not want first person view. Everyone else can talk as long as its not Link.. but I really dont mind if no one ever does.

Harder enemys.. and thats really it for me.. oh.. and no more AlttP rehashes.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Most of what I feel has already been mentioned, so I'll think of a couple other things.

1) A tiny Hyrule. True, Hyrule gets a little bigger each game, but I still think its woefully smaller then it should be. Zelda, at heart, is an exploration game. So give me lots of places to explore. I LOVE finding a new cave to look through, even if ultimately the cave has no treasures. That feeling of mystery before you enter it is something I always look forward to.

2) A complex story. You got your Final Fantasy in my Zelda! None of that, please. Hey, I like a good character-driven plot as much as the next guy, but some of the games today are so pretentious and over-written they border on literary masturbation. Keep it simple. Link is a courageous Hero, Zelda is the wise Princess, and there is a villain bent on conquering on Hyrule. Thats all I need, and want.

Z

ZeroJinKui

well i just read the latest update on the main page, and from what i read, one thing i definately do not want to see is some stupid 'hint' system thats basically a built-in 'strategy guide'...

zelda games are just fine the way they are, i dont want to see them becoming hand-holding games so simple that a braindead child could get through them!

im hoping they dont go putting any kinda 'hint system' into the next game, or i'll be mourning the death of zelda... making the games linear isnt gonna help anyone, only destroy the series...

K

kreebby

As many other people said, I don't want to see:
- first person view
- small Hyrule
- easy dungeons
- an annoying companion that points everything out. (personally, I loved Navi, but it's annoying when she points things out constantly)
- futuristic or scientific world.
- any major character replacements. Link is the hero, Zelda is the princess, Ganondorf is the bad guy. Don't change anything about that, and don't make any side characters far more important to the plot than the main ones are. (cough*midna*cough)
- Link talking
- Another one of those games that you can beat within a week.
- NO MORE TINGLE.
- no easy bosses.

Some new things:

- ocean travel. (I hated Wind Waker, a lot)
- another small, uninteresting castle market. The market has always been all decoration and no interaction. Twilight Princess? You couldn't enter half the shops or talk to anyone. For once I want something with personality and not just a small decoration.
- simple sword slashing controls.
- mount-less travel. When Epona came into the series, she really hit it off with me. It's not the same without her. I don't want another Wind Waker fiasco.
- areas only reachable by cannon/minigame/someone warping you there. That REALLY ANNOYED ME in Twilight Princess.
- bomb arrows. Wtf man? fail. Magic arrows are so much better.
- towns with nothing in them. Twilight Princess: Kakariko, Ordon, & Castletown Market. There was nothing in them! I want something I can interact with, with side quests and plots and intriguing characters. Lots of buildings I can explore. Dynamic and complex. Remember Clock Town? Remember Ocarina of Time & Link to the Past Kakariko? Though they needed a lot of fixing up, they were on the right track.
- Time not passing in buildings. It's not realistic D:
- Stupid plot lines where your character transforms into something else and can't interact and explore the actual world until halfway through the game.
- townspeople with no back story. They just say one sentence over and over again and are there for decoration. Yeahno.
- cartoonie graphics. Keep it realistic, man.

There's more I'm sure I can think of, but that's about it. Recent Zelda games have really irked me.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Zelda is already simple enough actually. I dont want them to stay the way they are... I at least want more of a challange.

D

Dr.Cortex

- first person view
- small Hyrule
- easy dungeons
- an annoying companion that points everything out. (personally, I loved Navi, but it's annoying when she points things out constantly)
- any major character replacements. Link is the hero, Zelda is the princess, Ganondorf is the bad guy. Don't change anything about that, and don't make any side characters far more important to the plot than the main ones are. (cough*midna*cough)
- Link talking
- NO MORE TINGLE.
- no easy bosses.

Some new things:

- another small, uninteresting castle market. The market has always been all decoration and no interaction. Twilight Princess? You couldn't enter half the shops or talk to anyone. For once I want something with personality and not just a small decoration.
- mount-less travel. When Epona came into the series, she really hit it off with me. It's not the same without her. I don't want another Wind Waker fiasco.
- areas only reachable by cannon/minigame/someone warping you there. That REALLY ANNOYED ME in Twilight Princess.
- towns with nothing in them. Twilight Princess: Kakariko, Ordon, & Castletown Market. There was nothing in them! I want something I can interact with, with side quests and plots and intriguing characters. Lots of buildings I can explore. Dynamic and complex. Remember Clock Town? Remember Ocarina of Time & Link to the Past Kakariko? Though they needed a lot of fixing up, they were on the right track.
- Stupid plot lines where your character transforms into something else and can't interact and explore the actual world until halfway through the game.
- townspeople with no back story. They just say one sentence over and over again and are there for decoration. Yeahno.

There's more I'm sure I can think of, but that's about it. Recent Zelda games have really irked me.

beat a game within a week? it normally only takes me like a few days.
I don't want to see the game getting any harder, and I don't want the controls to be changed.

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
-I don't want an M rated zelda game, I will cry for days if a M rated zelda game comes out.

-I don't really want another sidekick that's like "hey!!!, Listen!!!, watch out!!!!" what where they thinking when they created Navi.

-Ridicously easy bosses, like the ones in TP.

-Built in walkthrough, I just read the thread of a new zelda game concept.

-NOT easy puzzles, I want to break my head 'til my ears bleed by trying to solve a Zelda puzzle.

-I don't want Link talking that will ruin the sake of the game

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!

- first person view
- small Hyrule
- easy dungeons
- Link talking
- NO MORE TINGLE.
- no easy bosses.

Some new things:

I know right! I beat TP within less than a week, and I like your theory "Link the hero", "Zelda the Princess", "Ganon the bad guy" but no they have to put someone else in that plot (Zant, Midna)

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I quite liked the sailing from WW and wouldn't mind it in a future Zelda. The only problem with it in WW is that it relied on the sailing too heavily, with very few large islands to explore.

S

Seldavia

I don't want to see the half-baked nature of the games we've come to expect from the Wii...like Legend of Zelda Party or something dumb like that. I don't want to see Link and Ganondorf driving go-karts.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I would play the go kart game actually. I just dont want any more half baked games that are waay to easy and are AlttP rehashes. I want something new. Like what MM was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom