• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
My self esteem is at level of low I have not known in a long time. I am facing the reality I probably am not a good writer. I use to have the assurance from my blog (2,000 viewers day just fell to 300), my college teachers, and some family.

Lately I struggle in fiction writing if its not already grounded in what I know (Zelda Lore, Star Wars). I use to write more original stories, and cannot seem to now.

Coming to terms with that I really am just a consumer not a contributor to anything of worth save relationships; but that scares me because those can come and go.

My usual centering voice of purpose is muddled by that I am trying to untangle a piety that is all or nothing. I got really into Monastic thought, and it left a sense of radical piety I cannot live up to known as The Devotio Moderna Movement (Thomas A Kempis). I want spirituality, to have a balance in my life, but its elusive. Too chill about my spirituality and I feel I am letting the Kingdom of God down; too zealous and I feel suffocated by the isolation of being consumed by that world.. particularly end times stuff.

Zelda and ZD has become a plane that I have some peace and relief (not trying to put that on you all, just a fact that Hyrule helps and us relating via it).

TMI.. I am sure, sorry needed to get that off my chest.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
My self esteem is at level of low I have not known in a long time. I am facing the reality I probably am not a good writer. I use to have the assurance from my blog (2,000 viewers day just fell to 300), my college teachers, and some family.

Lately I struggle in fiction writing if its not already grounded in what I know (Zelda Lore, Star Wars). I use to write more original stories, and cannot seem to now.

Coming to terms with that I really am just a consumer not a contributor to anything of worth save relationships; but that scares me because those can come and go.

My usual centering voice of purpose is muddled by that I am trying to untangle a piety that is all or nothing. I got really into Monastic thought, and it left a sense of radical piety I cannot live up to known as The Devotio Moderna Movement (Thomas A Kempis). I want spirituality, to have a balance in my life, but its elusive. Too chill about my spirituality and I feel I am letting the Kingdom of God down; too zealous and I feel suffocated by the isolation of being consumed by that world.. particularly end times stuff.

Zelda and ZD has become a plane that I have some peace and relief (not trying to put that on you all, just a fact that Hyrule helps and us relating via it).

TMI.. I am sure, sorry needed to get that off my chest.
Us creative types are far harsher on our own works than anybody else would hope to be.

Honestly, as a musician, I don't hear anything I do as a guitarist is unique or original, or... good. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Best advice I can give? Embrace your individuality in terms of your creativity and art. We've had Star Wars, Zelda, but what would be Daku's "Star Wars" or "Zelda"?

That took me out of a creative funk, personally.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Us creative types are far harsher on our own works than anybody else would hope to be.

Honestly, as a musician, I don't hear anything I do as a guitarist is unique or original, or... good. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Best advice I can give? Embrace your individuality in terms of your creativity and art. We've had Star Wars, Zelda, but what would be Daku's "Star Wars" or "Zelda"?

That took me out of a creative funk, personally.
Thanks, that is so true. Its just I feel like an imposter. I was told I was the next C.S. Leeis when I was a teen and I was like.. oh Futon! I am not that good!

That advice really helps, focus on what I bring to these genres. I must admit my creative mind really has been thrilled with the Gerudo moving to Hyrule and the Hylians banished to Gerudo Valley; a swap of theur living situations in my new fan fict. It just stirs up really neat thoughts, though I have no idea if it has been done before or not in a game.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Thanks, that is so true. Its just I feel like an imposter. I was told I was the next C.S. Leeis when I was a teen and I was like.. oh Futon! I am not that good!

That advice really helps, focus on what I bring to these genres. I must admit my creative mind really has been thrilled with the Gerudo moving to Hyrule and the Hylians banished to Gerudo Valley; a swap of theur living situations in my new fan fict. It just stirs up really neat thoughts, though I have no idea if it has been done before or not in a game.
I just have to take a second to point out how problematic the idea of "___ will be the next [insert famous creative person here]" is. It will never be true. We will never have another Shakespeare, Donatello, Beethoven, or Kubrick. The thing is that if that was the goal we would never have Arthur Miller, Michelangelo, John Williams, or Steven Spielberg. We should strive to find our own value based on our own accomplishments, not those of others.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
I just have to take a second to point out how problematic the idea of "___ will be the next [insert famous creative person here]" is. It will never be true. We will never have another Shakespeare, Donatello, Beethoven, or Kubrick. The thing is that if that was the goal we would never have Arthur Miller, Michelangelo, John Williams, or Steven Spielberg. We should strive to find our own value based on our own accomplishments, not those of others.
That is well said. Those geniuses & masters did not try to be like someone else, they were themselves as you eloquently put. I agree that we should not compare ourselves to others, because we are not them.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
I'm now processing my parents moving to Nashville, TN, which happened today.

This is the first time my parents are moving to a new place of the country, and aren't coming back.

I love my parents deeply, so it's bittersweet. My wife and I now are homeowners, but I'm gonna miss my parents.

I don't like change, I understand it, but I don't like it.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion

This is the first time my parents are moving to a new place of the country, and aren't coming back.

I love my parents deeply, so it's bittersweet. My wife and I now are homeowners, but I'm gonna miss my parents.

:hug:Change is so hard. Especially for us Neurodiverse types. Though honestly, I think Melancholy is more normal than people let on. I am here for you buddy.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
:hug:Change is so hard. Especially for us Neurodiverse types. Though honestly, I think Melancholy is more normal than people let on. I am here for you buddy.
I know for my mom and my family it's 100% for the better, my parents are less stressed, and my mom is happier. But still, it's bittersweet. Thanks so much man!

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
I know for my mom and my family it's 100% for the better, my parents are less stressed, and my mom is happier. But still, it's bittersweet. Thanks so much man!
Its interesting the Greeks called it sweetbitter, we reversed it in our tongues, but it seems the Greeks have it lmore accurate, the bitter aspect linger after the happy feeling. Or so that us how I feel with major changes for a time.

Swerde Brothers to the end! Hi-yah!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

It's very hard. I had to deal with the same kinda situation when I had to move my mother to a nursery home because of Alzheimer. Very tough and sad but sometimes the best decisions for someone else are the toughest and meanest ever.
I wish you and your wife all strength to deal with this!!

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
"I don't want to be the next Faker. I want to be the first Showmaker."

-showmaker, mid laner for damwon gaming

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
I got my results of my CT scan and....

My lymph nodes, spleen, right lower lung, and liver are still inflamed.

Oh, and I have some hernias, and possible signs of facet arthropathy.

****ing hell, I've been eating right, trying to be more active as much as I can, reducing my stress, watching whatever illness is going on because of all this, and it seems like nothing is making a dent.

This sucks. This really sucks.

Last edited:

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend

Oh, and I have some hernias. ****ing hell, I've been eating right, trying to be more active as much as I can, reducing my stress, watching whatever illness is going on because of all this, and it seems like nothing is making a dent.

that does suck!!! youre putting your health centre and its not working!!!

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion

Oh, and I have some hernias. ****ing hell, I've been eating right, trying to be more active as much as I can, reducing my stress, watching whatever illness is going on because of all this, and it seems like nothing is making a dent.

I'm really sorry, man. That really sucks. Hopefully you can get better soon. You have me in your prayers. Stay strong brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom