• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Uwu_Oocoo2

Just assume I'm lurking (and judging)
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Trying not to get my hopes up but I may end up doing volunteer work at my local library pretty soon. It's unfortunate that it's just volunteering as opposed to actual work. But after two years of failed job applications, sitting around my house doing meaningless and mindless activities, I need something engaging just to keep myself sane. I'm sick and tired of doing nothing. Also, working at a library sounds kind of amazing? Like, I get to walk around organizing shelves and not talking to people? That sounds so fun. Genuinely that'd be a blast. And it gives me something I can put on my resume that I'm actively doing.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Trying not to get my hopes up but I may end up doing volunteer work at my local library pretty soon. It's unfortunate that it's just volunteering as opposed to actual work. But after two years of failed job applications, sitting around my house doing meaningless and mindless activities, I need something engaging just to keep myself sane. I'm sick and tired of doing nothing. Also, working at a library sounds kind of amazing? Like, I get to walk around organizing shelves and not talking to people? That sounds so fun. Genuinely that'd be a blast. And it gives me something I can put on my resume that I'm actively doing.
That actually isnt a bad idea. It is also another step closer to a job opportunity. If you stay good with the library people, you may get hired on.

Daku Rinku

Dampe’s Acolyte
ZD Champion
My dad fell yesterday, he’s in his 70’s, I caught him. And it wasn’t a bad fall, no injury. But between my Mom’s memory since the brain bleed and what the Cancer and other pre-existing conditions my Father has, I cannot help but think on how my parents are aging, and remembering how they were when I was a child. My Father was always strong, he even never used meds for root canals, and my mom was so intellectual and philosophical; now my father’s strength is being challenged and my mom’s ability to recall all she learned is challenging.

So do not take for granted your vitality, memory, and strength, a day may come when it will not be as it was.

Last edited:

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
I didn't know where to put this, but I guess here is fine. I recently just got over a cold. It was nothing big, but I had to delay my trip to the zoo, first time was because of the sickness, second time was because I had a bunch of doctor appointments at the time. And now I won't be able to ride the zoo train. But other than that, and the fact I have one at home appointment today, things should be getting better. I should be getting two more appointments over the next month after today's appointment. Then I have to talk to my primary care doctor to see if I will require surgery on my chest, cuz my ribs are pushing against my heart and lungs. I'm going to have to have surgery to fix that most likely. They're basically going to have to break my ribs and replace them with titanium rods, so I'll probably be in pain for a long while after the surgery.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Had to get a contrast scan done today, and for that I had to fast for 4 hours before the test.

Test was at 4, and I woke up at noon, so I literally ate nothing the whole day until my family's dinner at Sizzler's. Which, by the way, Sizzler's is crap.

The reason for the contrast scan was to see if any of the enlargement on my spleen, liver, or lymph nodes started to go away, because of my enlarged spleen, I've basically had to be coddled and stopped from doing heavy activity, which I actually like to do, considering I love baseball and martial arts.

I hope things have cooled down. I want to get back to being active. My AuDHD mind is going crazy.

Daku Rinku

Dampe’s Acolyte
ZD Champion
Had to get a contrast scan done today, and for that I had to fast for 4 hours before the test.

Test was at 4, and I woke up at noon, so I literally ate nothing the whole day until my family's dinner at Sizzler's. Which, by the way, Sizzler's is crap.

The reason for the contrast scan was to see if any of the enlargement on my spleen, liver, or lymph nodes started to go away, because of my enlarged spleen, I've basically had to be coddled and stopped from doing heavy activity, which I actually like to do, considering I love baseball and martial arts.

I hope things have cooled down. I want to get back to being active. My AuDHD mind is going crazy.
Oh man. I had no idea you were going through that swerde brother.

Your in my thoughts.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Oh man. I had no idea you were going through that swerde brother.

Your in my thoughts.
Yeah been going through this for 2 years now.

In that time, found out I'm autistic, ADHD, and have anxiety, slipped a disc, had a cancer scare which they thought all this was lymphoma, until it was found out that I also have asymptomatic hepatic and pulmonary sarcoidosis, so my liver enzymes and blood tests are always all out of whack.

On top of all this, it eventually will go away, and when it does, I'll have asthma like symptoms for the rest of my life. So there's that.

At least my LDL cholesterol is going down and my HDL cholesterol is going up, so there's that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom