• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Daku Rinku

Dampe’s Acolyte
ZD Champion
I got my results of my CT scan and....

My lymph nodes, spleen, right lower lung, and liver are still inflamed.

Oh, and I have some hernias, and possible signs of facet arthropathy.

****ing hell, I've been eating right, trying to be more active as much as I can, reducing my stress, watching whatever illness is going on because of all this, and it seems like nothing is making a dent.

This sucks. This really sucks.
I am so sorry.. that is disappointing in the depths. :(

Your in my thoughts Swerde Bro. *Hugs*

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
I can't help the thoughts of my world ending. I know that I can make it through this, but the anxiety sends me into shambles. I can outlast the mistakes I've made, I can recover, I need to remind myself of this constantly.
You and me are in the same boat, I always have the same thought's in my head. I know how it feels, and it sucks. But we can both make it through this. We're wiser because of our mistakes, not just from our successes. And most importantly, there's always light at the end of the tunnel. Just have faith and keep that hope alive.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
I can't help the thoughts of my world ending. I know that I can make it through this, but the anxiety sends me into shambles. I can outlast the mistakes I've made, I can recover, I need to remind myself of this constantly.
Bro, that's a feeling I feel all the time.

What really helps is being grateful and thankful for what you have. Sounds cheesy, but for me, it works.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Last Monday, I submitted my 2-week notice for a position I hold. The position was on summer hiatus and is set to start again next Wednesday, so I did my due diligence and submitted my notice just over 2 weeks in advance.

The problem is I am the only one in said position, and it's a highly specialized position that only qualified people can do. So the owner called me to say I'm putting him in a tough spot as he won't have enough time to find a replacement. I said I'd help find one, which I have been doing.

Today he sent me my schedule starting September 4th. I checked to see if there was an ad up for my replacement, and there isn't. I did imply I could try to stick around until a replacement is found, but as I have a full-time job that's really difficult for me. So somehow the responsibility to find a replacement falls on me, even after I submitted an official resignation.

So I'm between a rock and a hard place right now. On one hand, I never signed a contract and the work I do is classified as self-employment, so there's nothing legally binding me to that place. On the other hand, I have a reputation to protect and I can't risk that reputation by simply not showing up next week.

I think if there was an ad up, or some visible effort on his part to replace me, I wouldn't be so bothered. But the fact that I, as someone who isn't working under a contract and would be losing significant income by sticking around, am expected to find my own replacement is rather ludicrous.

I'm not fully sure what I should do. I'd be losing a potentially great reference by not showing up next week, but I also don't know if I want someone who takes advantage of me to be a reference in the first place.

I'm leaning towards responding to the schedule saying sorry, I'm not coming in anymore. But I don't want to be rude.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Last Monday, I submitted my 2-week notice for a position I hold. The position was on summer hiatus and is set to start again next Wednesday, so I did my due diligence and submitted my notice just over 2 weeks in advance.

The problem is I am the only one in said position, and it's a highly specialized position that only qualified people can do. So the owner called me to say I'm putting him in a tough spot as he won't have enough time to find a replacement. I said I'd help find one, which I have been doing.

Today he sent me my schedule starting September 4th. I checked to see if there was an ad up for my replacement, and there isn't. I did imply I could try to stick around until a replacement is found, but as I have a full-time job that's really difficult for me. So somehow the responsibility to find a replacement falls on me, even after I submitted an official resignation.

So I'm between a rock and a hard place right now. On one hand, I never signed a contract and the work I do is classified as self-employment, so there's nothing legally binding me to that place. On the other hand, I have a reputation to protect and I can't risk that reputation by simply not showing up next week.

I think if there was an ad up, or some visible effort on his part to replace me, I wouldn't be so bothered. But the fact that I, as someone who isn't working under a contract and would be losing significant income by sticking around, am expected to find my own replacement is rather ludicrous.

I'm not fully sure what I should do. I'd be losing a potentially great reference by not showing up next week, but I also don't know if I want someone who takes advantage of me to be a reference in the first place.

I'm leaning towards responding to the schedule saying sorry, I'm not coming in anymore. But I don't want to be rude.
At this point make sure any further correspondence is in writing or recorded in some other legal way. Check in with where the owner is at with finding a replacement and make it clear you don't intend to continue working there. A good reference is nice to have, but how long will it stay good if you are having difficulty doing the job? You might be better off leaving in an unfortunate, yet legally amicable, way.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

A 2 weeks notice isn't a requirement for workers, it's a courtesy towards your (former) employer. Most employers probably won't give you a 2 weeks notice before firing/laying you off.

Given that it's a specialized role it's fair to offer to extend how much notice you're giving them beyond that point, but it isn't your responsibility to fill the position, it is theirs and if they're not taking the necessary action to fill the role that is their fault and not yours.

If you had a very good relationship with the employer before this, I could understand working an extra week or two as a personal favor to them, but to continue indefinitely beyond that is a pretty unreasonable ask.

If you're looking for potential ways to handle this, you could maybe offer to help train a replacement, work heavily reduced hours, or work the job at a heavily increased rate because you're being asked to work after your resignation period. If none of those work for you or them, no good reference is worth being basically held captive at a job.

Trying not to get my hopes up but I may end up doing volunteer work at my local library pretty soon. It's unfortunate that it's just volunteering as opposed to actual work. But after two years of failed job applications, sitting around my house doing meaningless and mindless activities, I need something engaging just to keep myself sane. I'm sick and tired of doing nothing. Also, working at a library sounds kind of amazing? Like, I get to walk around organizing shelves and not talking to people? That sounds so fun. Genuinely that'd be a blast. And it gives me something I can put on my resume that I'm actively doing.
LOL, i rather NOT be forced to interact with normies against my will its as if one wants to enjoy being a workaholic slave till they crash and burn out to literally karoshi lol all i can to say to one who wishes that lifestyle is hey enjoy it they brought it on themselves.

dont people usually drop off an unwanted newborn baby at a church or at least right outside a hospital?
Only in fiction its ussually the dumpsters a la brendas got a baby.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
LOL, i rather NOT be forced to interact with normies against my will its as if one wants to enjoy being a workaholic slave till they crash and burn out to literally karoshi lol all i can to say to one who wishes that lifestyle is hey enjoy it they brought it on themselves.
Volunteer work is actually really good for mental health, just saying.

Really helps with anxiety and depression.

That said, there's different types of volunteer work, and only good can come from giving back to your community and improving it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I would rather not interact with people who use the term "normies" unironically. There is nothing wrong with wanting to seek employment or something to make you feel like you are doing a service for others. It is actually healthy to be doing something other than sitting around at home all day (illness or disability notwithstanding). Of course your life shouldn't be your employment, but you are going to need money somehow so you may as well make the most of whatever your sitation is.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
I would rather not interact with people who use the term "normies" unironically. There is nothing wrong with wanting to seek employment or something to make you feel like you are doing a service for others. It is actually healthy to be doing something other than sitting around at home all day (illness or disability notwithstanding). Of course your life shouldn't be your employment, but you are going to need money somehow so you may as well make the most of whatever your sitation is.
True, I agree. If you ever want to take care of yourself, you have to work for it. Even back when society was rudimentary at best. You had to work for your food to get on your plate. Whether it be hunting your own food or working at a place to get by. Work is still work. It's not anybody's job to take care of you once to become of age, and you have a more meaningful life doing things for others and yourself. Even if you can't work, You can still take care of the house, pets, children, and even yourself. And you'll feel better, knowing you at least made some difference in the world. Take it from me, I will never be able to hold a job, but at least I still try to take care of my family by helping take care of the pets.

Volunteer work is actually really good for mental health, just saying.

Really helps with anxiety and depression.

That said, there's different types of volunteer work, and only good can come from giving back to your community and improving it.
It was a requirement for garduation in my area nad its a ****ing stupid one like it should be get your credits based on finishing courses and go like all that extra **** is beyond pointless honestly like you don't need to suceed in life playing a ****ing recorder.

Meds and therapy are the real solutions, not being forced into being an extrovert and talking and going up to random strangers no wonder why ted bundy would be having a field day these cause of these extroverts being the denser than a harem mc they are, they have 0 self preservation skills.

And to quote odb i don't owe the hood anything period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom