• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Every time I raise my right thumb, even slightly, it starts twitching really fast and uncontrollably. I don't know why. This has happened before, but usually it goes away after a few minutes. I haven't used my thumbs for a few hours and it's still doing it which makes me nervous. If it's still going on after a couple days I may see a doctor, something I haven't done since like 2019. Hopefully it won't come to that but since it's my art hand I'm worried.
Does your hand ever twitch when drawing or just holding a pencil?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Just assume I'm lurking (and judging)
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Does your hand ever twitch when drawing or just holding a pencil?
A little, but it's so minor I wouldn'tve noticed if I wasn't paying close attention testing it just now. It may be worse when I'm using colored pencils like I was yesterday, since I use a lot more pressure. Can't say for sure tho since my mom has banned me from coloring until my thumb is better.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
A little, but it's so minor I wouldn'tve noticed if I wasn't paying close attention testing it just now. It may be worse when I'm using colored pencils like I was yesterday, since I use a lot more pressure. Can't say for sure tho since my mom has banned me from coloring until my thumb is better.
Next doctor's appointment, ask about it, and ask about hand dystonia.

It's common amongst creative types that use their hands for their work, as is carpal tunnel.

In fairness, it is rare, but it can't hurt to ask questions.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I saw this in the news today - someone stole a helicopter and crashed it into a hotel in Cairns. I've got this exact hotel booked to stay in sometime next month so I might look to change it up...

talk to the hotel first they might change you.....

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Cover artists rarely read the books they make the art for, unless they are really quick readers they couldn't really make money if they did
sometimes i read the book and the girl has dark hair and is curvy they post a blonde skeleton and the dude is a high schooler with big glasses and hes a 6packer!!

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
My hand siezes up in a similiar way, the thumb, index and middle, then it goes away. I think culprit is the devices we use these days, my Swordmaster taught me some exercises for my wrists and hands I do daily, they even are said to help reduce the chance of carpal tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom