• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
My older sister (19) decided that she had had enough of living at home with our parents and left last night without telling anyone. She left a note but we don't know where she went, she only said that she had gotten a nanny job out of state. Mom and Pops are freaking out and Pops is like "Well if one kid did it, then I should expect all of them to do the same.". I am now the oldest kid and now I get a whole bunch of flak because I am next to graduate. One more year left guys.....

Stitch

AKA Patrick
My older sister (19) decided that she had had enough of living at home with our parents and left last night without telling anyone. She left a note but we don't know where she went, she only said that she had gotten a nanny job out of state. Mom and Pops are freaking out and Pops is like "Well if one kid did it, then I should expect all of them to do the same.". I am now the oldest kid and now I get a whole bunch of flak because I am next to graduate. One more year left guys.....
Not sure what your situation with your parents is like, but good luck. I was the last one living with my abusive mother and I know each person moving on to their own thing can cause friction between siblings.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
do you have a line of contact with her? A job out of state is scary especially without followup info because your sister could have become the target of a trafficking scam

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
My faculties are.. diminished. I am fog brained a lot lately, and not on meds or doing any recreational drugs.

I use to remember everything, and could churn out revelatory insights and interpretations in my writing. All I have left is the role playing and fiction writing. I suppose I need to accept I am a nobody.. my talents failing.. I guess I just need to accept that loss is my middle name, I already have had everything else taken from me like Job.. I guess now here goes what is left of what I am and all that will remain is a stupid shell.. oh well.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
My faculties are.. diminished. I am fog brained a lot lately, and not on meds or doing any recreational drugs.

I use to remember everything, and could churn out revelatory insights and interpretations in my writing. All I have left is the role playing and fiction writing. I suppose I need to accept I am a nobody.. my talents failing.. I guess I just need to accept that loss is my middle name, I already have had everything else taken from me like Job.. I guess now here goes what is left of what I am and all that will remain is a stupid shell.. oh well.
dude youre not stupid!! are you sleeping?? you gotta gang here who care!!

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
dude youre not stupid!! are you sleeping?? you gotta gang here who care!!
I am struggling so much.. I use to be erudite and could draw on sages.. now I am a husk.. my brain feels like a baloon.. about to burst. :(

Your words are so kind. Thank you. I do not know what happened to me this week.. my mind is a wall and about to fall. :(

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
m
I am struggling so much.. I use to be erudite and could draw on sages.. now I am a husk.. my brain feels like a baloon.. about to burst. :(

Your words are so kind. Thank you. I do not know what happened to me this week.. my mind is a wall and about to fall. :(
maybe youre just having a block??

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Maybe, my expectations of myself are very high. Probably because ai fear if I do not excell at my wheel house of talents, I will be discarded.
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

In other words, the ideal version of yourself, don't let it become the enemy of who you are, because, realistically, nobody's perfect. If you hold yourself to a standard you can't attain, is that really being fair to yourself?

Recognize that you are a human being, imperfections and all. And you know what? That's okay.

We all have off days, it happens. And it's perfectly okay to have backslides. Give yourself some grace.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

In other words, the ideal version of yourself, don't let it become the enemy of who you are, because, realistically, nobody's perfect. If you hold yourself to a standard you can't attain, is that really being fair to yourself?

Recognize that you are a human being, imperfections and all. And you know what? That's okay.

We all have off days, it happens. And it's perfectly okay to have backslides. Give yourself some grace.
I agree with everything you said! I forget to relax, to allow myself spaced out days when I suck even at my strengths lol.

Thanks for this encouragement, and thank you @Dizzi for your encouraging words too.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Just assume I'm lurking (and judging)
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Every time I raise my right thumb, even slightly, it starts twitching really fast and uncontrollably. I don't know why. This has happened before, but usually it goes away after a few minutes. I haven't used my thumbs for a few hours and it's still doing it which makes me nervous. If it's still going on after a couple days I may see a doctor, something I haven't done since like 2019. Hopefully it won't come to that but since it's my art hand I'm worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom