• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Have you tried mastic resin? It's a great chew, it has been shown to clean more plaque causing bacteria from the teeth than regular gum. It also strengthens the jaw muscles and it doesn't contribute to plastic pollution like regular gum, plus it's biodegradable. Really recommend it if you haven't tried already. I switched over last year and won't go back!
It's moreso to stimulate saliva production to counteract the side effect of my medications.

If I find it, I'll absolutely give it a try, for sure though.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Its getting so unbearable during Election season I am considering going abroad from now on during Election Year.
Dude, it's like everyone loses their minds.

You're left leaning friends go nuts, you're right leaning friends go nuts, and hardcore Democrats and Republicans seem to get unnervingly hardcore.

Not to mention every time I've given how I felt about a particular issue, I've literally gotten yelled at from both sides, and when you decide, "Screw it, there's no point to this anyways," you still get yelled for not giving an opinion and that "fence sitters are worse."

And if you try to at least find some solitude away from politics on other areas of the internet, you're still inundated with spam calls, texts, and emails from the Republican and Democratic party urging you to register as their party so you can vote.

It's exhausting, and people wonder why I don't really ever engage in political discourse. Y'all don't like my opinion when I give it, y'all hate it when I don't give it, and when I'm registered as an Independent voter, Republicans and Democrats desperately want to recruit you for votes in a scummy, spammy, intrusive way.

I've considered going completely no contact during elections before just to get away from it all.

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
Dude, it's like everyone loses their minds.

You're left leaning friends go nuts, you're right leaning friends go nuts, and hardcore Democrats and Republicans seem to get unnervingly hardcore.

Not to mention every time I've given how I felt about a particular issue, I've literally gotten yelled at from both sides, and when you decide, "Screw it, there's no point to this anyways," you still get yelled for not giving an opinion and that "fence sitters are worse."

And if you try to at least find some solitude away from politics on other areas of the internet, you're still inundated with spam calls, texts, and emails from the Republican and Democratic party urging you to register as their party so you can vote.

It's exhausting, and people wonder why I don't really ever engage in political discourse. Y'all don't like my opinion when I give it, y'all hate it when I don't give it, and when I'm registered as an Independent voter, Republicans and Democrats desperately want to recruit you for votes in a scummy, spammy, intrusive way.

I've considered going completely no contact during elections before just to get away from it all.

You articulated how I feel exactly. What is frustrating is now entertainment is letting the politics in.. so I can barely escape in the fantasy worlds now..

Stitch

AKA Patrick
You articulated how I feel exactly. What is frustrating is now entertainment is letting the politics in.. so I can barely escape in the fantasy worlds now..
Politics has always been in entertainment, fantasy is written by real people who experience things in the real world and that experience will effect it in some way

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
Politics has always been in entertainment, fantasy is written by real people who experience things in the real world and that experience will effect it in some way

I know, Lord of Rings is about the Industrial Age and the fall of Naturalism.

I should say modern politics is seeping in and its making stuff unwatchable for me.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I’m watching Avatar the Last Airbender for the first time since I was a child and it blows my mind how well it holds up still. It’s so good. I feel like a lot of media that has a younger audience as their target demographic try to make it something that adults can enjoy but I don’t think any of them do it as well as Avatar does. Others just don’t really bridge that gap very well. When I watch some of those “kid” shows that I used to watch when I was younger again it’s pretty obvious who the target demographic was.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
I’m watching Avatar the Last Airbender for the first time since I was a child and it blows my mind how well it holds up still. It’s so good. I feel like a lot of media that has a younger audience as their target demographic try to make it something that adults can enjoy but I don’t think any of them do it as well as Avatar does. Others just don’t really bridge that gap very well. When I watch some of those “kid” shows that I used to watch when I was younger again it’s pretty obvious who the target demographic was.
Yeah, Avatar's demographic is really hard to pinpoint. It's targeted for younger audiences, but it deals with some serious and thought provoking subjects about war and life in general. You can really learn some philosophical stuff from just watching the show.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've never watched TLA but I have heard very similar sentiments before.

I have watched the live action movie from many moons ago so I'm good, no need to watch the series! :cool:

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
I've never watched TLA but I have heard very similar sentiments before.

I have watched the live action movie from many moons ago so I'm good, no need to watch the series! :cool:
That movie actually really sucks compared to the source material.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom