• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
and Im telling you that I didn't do it on purpose with "double posting" it sthe website that's slow when trying to reply and post. You need to fix it or something to make the site load quicker next time. just saying.
It's not an issue of loading. It's when you make a post two times in a row in the same thread. Some threads like creative ones or forum games it's fine, but it's generally considered spammy to do it in most discussion threads. For example, if I were to make another post in this thread immediately after I posted this one, it would be a double post. It has nothing to do with loading speed. It's a physical action.

Also should point out you aren't in trouble for it. A mod merging your posts doesn't make you in trouble. It's just a bit of cleanup the same as moving a thread to the correct subforum from an incorrect one.

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Staff member
Yea, it's as AZ said.

Double Posting is when someone posts twice (or more times) in the same thread in a row and within a short interval of time. Since this can become spammy, we ask the users to edit their previous post to avoid it.

Double posting is not allowed by the forum rules, but staff is usually a bit more lax on it. Depending on context, staff might merge double posts for the users rather than warn/infract them.

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
My mind is on that my Dad got cleared for surgery by all his doctors. Kinda scared.. I know its probably gonna be fine, but the thought of what they are removing has him stressed and I being an empath I feel that stress and concern too. :(

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
well excuse me but I didn't "double post" on purpose. I appreciate it if YOU stay out of it, Exlight. there are times when clicking on the post reply button doesn't work right where it takes a very effin long time for the site to load. It is the site's problem seriously.
To be fair, I've never had that problem, unless I was on my 3DS. Everybody knows that browser is ****.

ExLight

why
Staff member
well excuse me but I didn't "double post" on purpose. I appreciate it if YOU stay out of it, Exlight. there are times when clicking on the post reply button doesn't work right where it takes a very effin long time for the site to load. It is the site's problem seriously.
I'm not going to stay out of this because I'm also part of staff as a moderator, and I'm joining my colleagues in trying to clarify the situation you seem to be misunderstanding.

Double posting does not refer to accidentally sending the same message twice due to the site being slow, or anything similar. If that were to happen, one of your messages would've been deleted by staff, not merged (merging is the reason you got the Double Posting notification).

Again, your posts might get merged if you successively post two different messages in the same thread in a short period of time. This is done purely for housekeeping, to keep the thread less polluted.

ExLight

why
Staff member
To give you an example, this is a double post.
I'm making another post right soon after my previous one, without any in-between messages from other users.

This should be avoided, and the contents of this message should've been edited into my previous post instead.
If staff sees this, and thinks it's cluttering the thread, they might merge both posts into one.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
I find it funny that my dad is always ready to chastise me with a pretty much prewritten speech just for that situation. Pops got real mad at me for damaging a speaker that he was gonna throw away. Bro's hand is literally always on the gun and he has a twitchy finger.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday I was lucky to be able to attend Nintendo Live Sydney 2024 with a group of old friends from an Australian Nintendo internet forum that has been offline for a number of years now. I used to see these people for conventions and nintendo related tours and events frequently in the past so it was great to reconnect for the convention and for dinner afterwards. Unfortunately none of the games on show were unreleased but it was fun to hang out and play some of the games with friends nonetheless. In addition Charles Martinet (the original voice of Mario) was there for a panel discussion and I was able to get a picture with him too.

After dinner it was also great to catch up with @Krazy4Krash in person for the first time in a number of years and also meet his partner over some dessert. Hopefully I can make the stars align for a Melbourne trip around PAX to catch up once again with @Zachie too.

something's been on my mind ever since I've hung out at my sister and my brother in law's place when they have a big family food get together thing.

My sister drinks way too much Mello Yellow lol. Either her or her daughters. the big 24 packs she buys from Walmart. I don't mind drinking Mello yellow but I never pig out on a whole 24 pack in a day or two

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
something's been on my mind ever since I've hung out at my sister and my brother in law's place when they have a big family food get together thing.

My sister drinks way too much Mello Yellow lol. Either her or her daughters. the big 24 packs she buys from Walmart. I don't mind drinking Mello yellow but I never pig out on a whole 24 pack in a day or two
Does it make her mellow? That is the question.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
What exactly does Violet Beauregard do wrong in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? I guess she’s prideful and ignores Wonka’s warnings when trying the gum, but the other kids all got punished in response to a legitimate character flaw. There was a lesson involved for the other 3, don’t overeat, don’t be a brat, go touch grass. The lesson the Oompa Loompas try to teach Violet is to… stop chewing gum so much? Just look at the song lyrics:

“Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile”

Ok, so far you’ve given her 2 reasons why what she’s doing is good.

But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
Chewing and chewing all day long.

But why is it repulsive, revolting, and wrong? You don’t give a single reason.

“The way that a cow does.”

The best thing you can come up with is comparing her to a cow. So a playground insult.

At least the version in the Tim Burton movie gives an explanation for why it might be a bad thing by saying she’ll eventually bite her tongue in two, but in Willy Wonka they just call her a cow. They end off the song by saying “Given good manners you will go far.” I guess she was rude in the first half of the movie but that’s a completely different part of her personality.

You punished her for the wrong reason and now she’s an icon for a particularly weird group of people on DeviantArt. Are you happy?

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
What exactly does Violet Beauregard do wrong in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? I guess she’s prideful and ignores Wonka’s warnings when trying the gum, but the other kids all got punished in response to a legitimate character flaw. There was a lesson involved for the other 3, don’t overeat, don’t be a brat, go touch grass. The lesson the Oompa Loompas try to teach Violet is to… stop chewing gum so much? Just look at the song lyrics:

“Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile”

Ok, so far you’ve given her 2 reasons why what she’s doing is good.

But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
Chewing and chewing all day long.

But why is it repulsive, revolting, and wrong? You don’t give a single reason.

“The way that a cow does.”

The best thing you can come up with is comparing her to a cow. So a playground insult.

At least the version in the Tim Burton movie gives an explanation for why it might be a bad thing by saying she’ll eventually bite her tongue in two, but in Willy Wonka they just call her a cow. They end off the song by saying “Given good manners you will go far.” I guess she was rude in the first half of the movie but that’s a completely different part of her personality.

You punished her for the wrong reason and now she’s an icon for a particularly weird group of people on DeviantArt. Are you happy?
Pride is one of the seven deadly sins, and the deadliest of them too. It's the hardest to tame. You need the help of all of the virtues to conquer that vice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom