• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
You punished her for the wrong reason and now she’s an icon for a particularly weird group of people on DeviantArt. Are you happy?
And people who like the P-Balloon.
Ok, but how does that relate to chewing gum?
I don't know. She doesn't kick ass, she just chews bubble gum. It's just not the same. She's a snob.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
What exactly does Violet Beauregard do wrong in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? I guess she’s prideful and ignores Wonka’s warnings when trying the gum, but the other kids all got punished in response to a legitimate character flaw. There was a lesson involved for the other 3, don’t overeat, don’t be a brat, go touch grass. The lesson the Oompa Loompas try to teach Violet is to… stop chewing gum so much? Just look at the song lyrics:

“Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile”

Ok, so far you’ve given her 2 reasons why what she’s doing is good.

But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
Chewing and chewing all day long.

But why is it repulsive, revolting, and wrong? You don’t give a single reason.

“The way that a cow does.”

The best thing you can come up with is comparing her to a cow. So a playground insult.

At least the version in the Tim Burton movie gives an explanation for why it might be a bad thing by saying she’ll eventually bite her tongue in two, but in Willy Wonka they just call her a cow. They end off the song by saying “Given good manners you will go far.” I guess she was rude in the first half of the movie but that’s a completely different part of her personality.

You punished her for the wrong reason and now she’s an icon for a particularly weird group of people on DeviantArt. Are you happy?
A side effect of the medications I have to take for ADHD is a dry mouth, which my dentist recommended to just chew lots of gum.

A great stim for both autism and ADHD too.

So, looking back, I think the only thing she did was not heed Wonka's warning.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
What exactly does Violet Beauregard do wrong in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? I guess she’s prideful and ignores Wonka’s warnings when trying the gum, but the other kids all got punished in response to a legitimate character flaw. There was a lesson involved for the other 3, don’t overeat, don’t be a brat, go touch grass. The lesson the Oompa Loompas try to teach Violet is to… stop chewing gum so much? Just look at the song lyrics:

“Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile”

Ok, so far you’ve given her 2 reasons why what she’s doing is good.

But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
Chewing and chewing all day long.

But why is it repulsive, revolting, and wrong? You don’t give a single reason.

“The way that a cow does.”

The best thing you can come up with is comparing her to a cow. So a playground insult.

At least the version in the Tim Burton movie gives an explanation for why it might be a bad thing by saying she’ll eventually bite her tongue in two, but in Willy Wonka they just call her a cow. They end off the song by saying “Given good manners you will go far.” I guess she was rude in the first half of the movie but that’s a completely different part of her personality.

It could the fact that we have to do stuff in moderation or it will not be healthy and good for us.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
Knowing the fact that my sister's ex fell for an obvious trap of buying a copy of the Gen 2 remakes, and using my money for one of them. It was so obvious. I knew it the moment he went to the site, but he didn't listen. Now I have two obvious bootleg copies in my library.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A side effect of the medications I have to take for ADHD is a dry mouth, which my dentist recommended to just chew lots of gum.

A great stim for both autism and ADHD too.

So, looking back, I think the only thing she did was not heed Wonka's warning.

Have you tried mastic resin? It's a great chew, it has been shown to clean more plaque causing bacteria from the teeth than regular gum. It also strengthens the jaw muscles and it doesn't contribute to plastic pollution like regular gum, plus it's biodegradable. Really recommend it if you haven't tried already. I switched over last year and won't go back!

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
Yeah my parents are news junkies, so its on most of the day and night. Unless I put a movie on.
How about watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy everyday. You won't have to listen to the news for good 8 extra hours. Better yet, watch every Star Wars movie, even the terrible ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom