• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I have no idea what to do. I don't want to make things easier for a scum NK, but at the same time, I don't want to be close to the end of the game and find that scum as basically no damage.

I think attacking a few people would be fine for the first day. However, I don't know who would be a good target.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Hey guys, Eduarda's internet died, so she won't be coming on till Wednesday. Just a heads up.
False alarm. It is back up and running. The universe hates Koki too, it seems ^^

Here's a random idea that I just thought of - would mafia have a doctor in this setup or is that too OP?
I like that thought. I think it's very probable. Most likely X-shot like Sadia said. If youre right about this, we've put Mafia at a nice disadvantage. Jamie always tells whoever is healed or whoever was damaged. But not by who. So if there were two people who were healed a single night, chances are one of them is Mafia. This makes Mafia less likely to use their doctor shot as it would reveal themselves. Good catch, Gummy.

For the debate that Mafia would have more damage than others, if anything I think its the contrary. Mafia already have a good ol' nightkill under their belt. But more likely than that is that damage is not indicative of their alignment. Last game players were following this logic to find Mafia. If damage indicated alignment last game, I'm sure it isn't the case this game. Jamie would have changed it.

Now Ben predicted that Mafia has more damage than others. This for one, shows he didn't read the last game :P But it also could lead to him not having any teammates to discuss the last game with. Mafia may have jotted down the town's logic during last game. I think it's safe for now to say that Ben may be town.

So now we have about 10 more hours left of this game. I would really like to knock someone out right now while it's easy to do so the first game day with so many players. If anything it would lessen the pool for later on.

I have two proposals thus far:

Yeah, I'm not too sure RVS has much of a point here, when votes mean nothing. I guess we'll have to tackle this Day One with... heaven forbid... actual analysis!
Now to understand where I'm coming from its important to keep in mind that last game Heroine of Time really liked the voting idea. I would have guessed for her to maybe support RVS a bit, but instead she knocked it down. Last game DekuNut was also one of the supporters of voting. This game, instead of knocking it down he suggested to use FoSs. I like that. It shows consistency. While on the other hand, Heroine's actions could be read as following the crowd.

yeah im not a big fan of the 'everyone gets hurt' method, especially considering that we have(I assume) different health and damage outputs
Another suggestion. This post rubbed me off the wrong way. It seemed purely there to agree with others while providing little evidence if her own. I can definitely see Mafia posting something like this. The fact that she hasn't responded to me doesn't help her case either.

Nothing strong but better than nothing at all

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I love all this day one discussion. ^^

I'm just going out on a limb on this assumption, but my guess is the Mafia will most likely have much higher damage outputs than normal members. Therefore, I assume that if they were to gang up one person, they'd easily be able to take them out in 1-2 turns, not even taking into account the people they might be tricking.
Actually, my first thought was that the mafia would have lower damage outputs, since all of them can attack the same target together to make up for that. Might not make much sense in practice, but that was sort of my first instinct. Doc's probably right that the mafia's damage parameters vary just as much as the Town's. The damage they deal is visible after an attack, right? And it's important to keep in mind that with that logic, roles like the vig would probably have higher damage outputs as well.

Now to understand where I'm coming from its important to keep in mind that last game Heroine of Time really liked the voting idea. I would have guessed for her to maybe support RVS a bit, but instead she knocked it down. Last game DekuNut was also one of the supporters of voting. This game, instead of knocking it down he suggested to use FoSs. I like that. It shows consistency. While on the other hand, Heroine's actions could be read as following the crowd.
I really liked it? The only thing I did was make a joke vote. I never commented on the RVS voting Or how good of a strategy it was afterward, at least as far as I saw from skimming the game just now. You'll have to direct me to a specific post if I wrote anything more detailed about it. Besides, I think if you're comparing playstyles from the previous game, which isn't necessarily a bad idea in theory, it's also important to note our roles. I was mafia in the previous game, so by your own logic it's not terribly unbelievable to think I might have a different opinion as town.

In my opinion spreading out damage would be a viable strategy for the first day. After all, we'll eventually want kills to get some information anyway; even mafia kills can give us some leads at the beginning of the game. However, since there are so many people against it, perhaps it'd be a better idea to -- as others have already suggested -- pick one target and take them down, in a similar manner to RVS bandwagoning someone. Votes themselves hold no weight, but if we all attack someone and get a kill from it then we'll at least have something to look at in the next day. Either that, or "no lynch", which I'm also okay with, for day one at least.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Sorry I've been gone guys. Been a busy few days. I'm replying to Eduarda now, then watching Finding Dory, then I'll go home and re-read what we have so far.

@Eduarda I think it's possible, yes. We shouldn't make decisions of towniness based on who is hit at night. May I ask why you asked me in particular? I know people have mentioned towniness-from-nightkills before, but I don't believe I have.

Also, I'm gonna thank Eduarda for posting a few suspicions. Does anyone else have any, or any thoughts on her list?
I find your point about Heroine interesting. I didn't think about that bit of consistency before. Can Heroine please explain this change in mindset?

As for Bryant, unless I'm wrong, isn't he a new player? If so, I suggest giving him a little time to find his bearings. Parroting is something that'll happen with almost all new players.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I'm getting these vibes that everyone has different ideas on how the mafia attacks at night. Would they attack separately or all as a team? I was under the impression that they had one factional attack but now that I think about it I'm not sure.

I know I'm late to the party but I agree on the damage output thing - mafia will have varied damage just like town. I don't know which clones are in this game (i don't even know which ones are really clones???) but you have characters like Dark Pit and Ganondorf. P sure they're regarded as clones but the point is: a Ganondorf attack is going to be way stronger than a Dark Pit attack, just like a Donkey Kong attack is going to be way stronger than a Pikachu attack. Therefore you cannot find the mafia just by their damage output.

(sorry if something I say doesn't make sense friends, I just started an overnight job and it's killing me umu)

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I'm getting these vibes that everyone has different ideas on how the mafia attacks at night. Would they attack separately or all as a team? I was under the impression that they had one factional attack but now that I think about it I'm not sure.

I know I'm late to the party but I agree on the damage output thing - mafia will have varied damage just like town. I don't know which clones are in this game (i don't even know which ones are really clones???) but you have characters like Dark Pit and Ganondorf. P sure they're regarded as clones but the point is: a Ganondorf attack is going to be way stronger than a Dark Pit attack, just like a Donkey Kong attack is going to be way stronger than a Pikachu attack. Therefore you cannot find the mafia just by their damage output.

(sorry if something I say doesn't make sense friends, I just started an overnight job and it's killing me umu)
in the earlier SSB games, it seemed that they had a normal factional kill. The only difference is that damage is dealth, and damage =/= deaths.
But it does not really matter at this point I think.

kokirion

I do think... that the mafia clones have a relatively equal amount of powerful and weaker characters. Jamie will not have given them only strong characters, I think, because that would just make us kill everyone who has a high attack status. He wouldn't want them to be weak either because that, well, makes them weaker. I just thought of this, but once we have killed a bunch the last one(s) left have probably somewhat opposite stats.

Eduarda

I love all this day one discussion. ^^
Sarcasm? :P

I really liked it? The only thing I did was make a joke vote. I never commented on the RVS voting Or how good of a strategy it was afterward, at least as far as I saw from skimming the game just now. You'll have to direct me to a specific post if I wrote anything more detailed about it. Besides, I think if you're comparing playstyles from the previous game, which isn't necessarily a bad idea in theory, it's also important to note our roles. I was mafia in the previous game, so by your own logic it's not terribly unbelievable to think I might have a different opinion as town.
I went back to look at the tread more closely and realized you are right. I must have somehow confused you with Moonstone. Apologies. But even with that it doesn't help your case with your follow the leader behaviour. Last game you agreed with DekuNut immediately and didn't offer an alternative method to approach the game. This game you followed me immediately. My statement against RVS could have easily been debunked by saying that votes would be transferred to attacks by the last 24 hours. This was suggested and agreed upon last game too by Moonstone I believe. Yet in both cases you followed a suggestion immediately without questioning it.

Also your point that you were Mafia last game doesn't help your case either. Your difference of opinions doesn't mean you are town now. You should be trying to keep relatively similar play styles and opinions regardless or alignment as I'm sure you know.

Also if you were Mafia, as town now, why haven't you told us your teammates attack parameters last game? It would help the town shed light on the situation.

Eduarda

then watching Finding Dory
So lucky I have to wait until July 7th before Sadia can come and watch with me :kawaii:

May I ask why you asked me in particular? I know people have mentioned towniness-from-nightkills before, but I don't believe I have.
Random choice. I was going to ask Doc first be remembered I already spoke to him so I asked you

As for Bryant, unless I'm wrong, isn't he a new player? If so, I suggest giving him a little time to find his bearings. Parroting is something that'll happen with almost all new players.
Ah I didn't know they were new. They won't be my first choice then.

Tbh if I was mod, after people bringing up the possibility last game I would have gave Mafia different kills as it would make things more interesting. But we'll have to wait for tonight to see

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Also if you were Mafia, as town now, why haven't you told us your teammates attack parameters last game? It would help the town shed light on the situation.
???

You said before - Jamie would have changed some things from last game so the repeating players don't sway the game.

If damage indicated alignment last game, I'm sure it isn't the case this game. Jamie would have changed it.
Even if she had shared information about the mafia from last game, it's all going to be different.

kokirion

For now I actually see Heroine as townish. The reason for that was because she so openly said that she wasn't mafia for once when she confirmed this game.
Is it a bluff or the truth? I found that often, when people actually are mafia they don't say such things. No one really believes it anyway and so you think it might be too risky. In truth, usually people only say such things when it's the truth, they are not that afraid to say it if that's the case namely.

In no way does that clear her name, but for the early days I find that a more convincing lead than that she may have quickly jumped on someone else's theory. That could be a scumtell, but the first question is whether that actually occured and wasn't a misinterpretation of the posts and the second is whether that is really always scummy. I've seen plenty of townies doing that as well.

Heroine could be scum, but I don't think she is the best lynch target for day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom