• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So, is Ganon the Big Bad? Or someone else?

That is a nice area of Hyrule History that has not been explored yet. I do like the concept of a Zelda game ending where you lose, like Empire Strikes Back. Though it would need a follow up to not be too bleak.
You don't think aLttP would be a good enough follow up?

Killjoy262

Mentally Numb
I wouldn't mind Twinrova somehow returning to revive Ganon.
This is the plot I see happening*. though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Ganon himself**, if not a new final boss with similar intent.***
* We've seen a similar scenario in one, or both, Oracle games as a linked thing. I haven't beaten either game yet so I dunno personally.
** Theres a possibility that they, Nintendo, with go simple and Ganon is merely wounded and Zelda has to finally face him.
*** it's also possible that Ganon legit dies early game, revived by a new unnamed villain, defeated half way(?) and we encounter new bad guy?

Edit:
Hmmm.. sorry gotta get my Zelda Timeline out.
I think it will be place in the new wild era.
That's also a well fitting theme for the new Zelda formular.

Idk, this is giving me Child Timeline vibes for some unexplainable reasons

That is a nice area of Hyrule History that has not been explored yet. I do like the concept of a Zelda game ending where you lose, like Empire Strikes Back. Though it would need a follow up to not be too bleak.

I'm pretty sure they were working on a game that was supposed to be involve the sheikah tribe, taking place around that time. Theres a bunch of concept art online, but they sadly cancelled development.

I would enjoy that, but I don't know how likely that happens. I think it was Aonuma who said they were done with this era
Really? I don't really this decision then, because the wild era combined all timelines and created a new one. Now they are not even using the new timeline for newer Zelda games?

I thought this was their way to distance themselves from the old traditional Zelda games. That's why we see so many new things in modern Zelda games. EoW is essentially 2D TotK 2.0, with the Ultrahand ability.

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
Really? I don't really this decision then, because the wild era combined all timelines and created a new one. Now they are not even using the new timeline for newer Zelda games?

I thought this was their way to distance themselves from the old traditional Zelda games. That's why we see so many new things in modern Zelda games. EoW is essentially 2D TotK 2.0, with the Ultrahand ability.
I get wanting to do something new. However, do they really have to abandon the traditional games altogether? Why not both?

It's possible the timelines have merged into one, but even if true, that doesn't mean moving forward they have to continue doing games in the wild era. There's still so much they can do.

We don't know why they did what they did with botw/totk. For all we know, EoW could take place right after OoT

Ganon exploded in the first trailer.

However, something is up with the trident left behind. It hasn't done anything like this before. Almost as if it has a mind of its own. Maybe it's something like gloom or malice that's acting of its own accord, or maybe it's Ganon trying to come back.

I do love new antagonists, though. Would be nice to see one. Though still want Vaati in a 3D game.

I get wanting to do something new. However, do they really have to abandon the traditional games altogether? Why not both?

I'm an advocate for doing both.
Don't get me wrong, I get their decision to try new things, after all, as a developer, you sure want to have fun at your job as well, doing the things you like. So I guess the Zelda team recognized one day "Well, we're always doing the same thing, let's try something new for a change" but they're just reaching the same problem with their games becoming stagnant, feeling repetitive.

I mean, it accelerated way faster than the older Zelda games. If people feel that TotK is already feeling repetitive, this definitely isn't a good sign. TotK is just the 2rd Zelda game of the new formular. Fans were fed up with the traditional Zelda games at the time when SS was released. So most of them played at least more than 5 Zelda games! So many fans say "The old formular got repetitive" but I disagree - each 3D Zelda, while all games share the same formular with the item progression, linear progression and linear dungeon progression, at least Nintendo made sure to differentiate all of their games and give each of them their unique value. MM still feels very different to OOT although it's also a direct sequel.

So I think they really need to appreciate their older games more, because they were also the ones who made Zelda this popular in the first place.
It's possible the timelines have merged into one, but even if true, that doesn't mean moving forward they have to continue doing games in the wild era. There's still so much they can do.
Idk, I'd like seeing more Zelda games from the new timeline.
Because if EoW plays in one of the older timelines, I'm afraid this will play in the downfall timeline again. I love the downfall timeline but they already got far more than enough 2D Zelda games imo. It wouldn't be bad if the child or adult timeline gets some new content again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom