• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So Did Anyone else Find It Odd...

Kybyrian

I saw The Tower of the Gods to be a little like a water temple, considering it rose from the water and had all the water in it on the bottom level and had to do with water throughout a bit of the thing. I still would have liked to have a strictly based Water Temple, though. I've always enjoyed Water Temples and it would have pleased me to see something a little more than the Tower of the Gods.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I honestly think there owuld be too much water with a water temple. I'd get sick of it, but I actually did like the OoT water temple.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I consider the Tower of the Gods the water temple in this game it has water in it though the water was uncontrollable it still kind of is.

C

coffeebean!

Never realized that. It would have been pretty neat though. I loved the water temple in OoT, it was lovely.

What others are saying about Tower of the Gods, however, does make some sense.
Guess it just wasn't as obvious as the others.

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
A water temple would have been too hard, with Link's limited time in the water. I guess a water-themed temple would have been fine, but Link wouldn't really be able to work with water much, at least not without KoRL. But I do wish they had put in a temple for Nayru's Pearl. While TWW is my fav game, the only thing that really disturbs me is its lack of dungeons.

E

edman1123

I didn't really mind there not being a Water Temple. The dungeons that were in the game were entertaining enough for me to be satisfied.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I thought that we would be doing an "Inside Jabun" dungeon as a water level. But Nintendo took out 2 dungeons so that WW could be released at the proper time. I think one of them is a water temple.

T

Triforce Eden

Has it not been said that a lot was cut from Wind Waker because of time restraints?

I've heard theories that Great Fish Isle was originally going to contain the Water Temple. But, those are just theories.

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
Honestly, I think the game is better off without a water temple. Like the same point others have made, THE WHOLE OVERWORLD is WATER. So why would you want to spend additional time in it? Especially since Link can only be in the water for a few moments in time before he drowns. In order to have a water temple, he'd most likely have had to visit the Zora's, which may have been part of what Nintendo cut out. I think that leaving it out & replacing it with the Tower of the God's was much more.. refreshing than having to go through yet another water temple. It added something different to Wind Waker to give it a little more of a modern feel in the first place. I'm really glad it wasn't there, needless to say.

I see the Tower of the Gods as a water temple itself. In that dungeon, you had to rely on the changing water levels to get to the different areas within it. Also, as someone mentioned it, a Water Temple would be somewhat difficult in this game. All water-based dungeons in the Zelda series required swimming in them. The Wind Waker's Link was given a limited amount of time to swim. Now of course they could have put in something like Flippers that give Link unlimited time to swim around, but I guess they didn't think about that?

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I actually thought it was a good thing there wasn't a water temple. I like that they changed it up from the predictable forest, fire, water. Plus, I really don't think that a water temple would fit well with TWW. First of all, the game is centered around water, and having a water temple in that game wouldn't feel special since there's so much of it. It'd be like having a field temple in TP. Water in TWW is also very different than OoT, MM and TP. Since it's opaque instead of clear, you can't see what's in the water or even go underwater. WW Link also has a limited time in the water. Because of these reasons, puzzles would be very limited and the temple really wouldn't be much fun. I think the Tower of the Gods is about as close to a water temple as they could make in TWW.

I was, however, left feeling unsatisfied after getting a pearl after doing almost nothing to accomplish it. I think they could have added a different temple between the Forbidden Woods and Tower of the Gods to get it, but not a water temple. Possibly an ice temple or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom