• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So Did Anyone else Find It Odd...

L

Linkmsg92

That an entire game based on a flooded world lacks a Water Temple? I just realized this while going through my current run. I guess they thought there was too much water already? haha

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Pretty much the entire overworld could count as the games "Water Temple" seeing as it was predominantly made of water.
A water Temple in WW would ahve been incredibly tedious, seeing as water si all you see the whole way through the game...

Austin

Austin
Like TheSerprent, I enjoy water temples. Great Bay Temple and Lakebed Temple are among my highest ranked dungeons in Zelda history.

L

Linkmsg92

You all must be greater folk than I. I despise all Water Temples in all Zelda games. Honestly, I pretty much hate water levels in any game.

L

Linkmsg92

I always assumed Tower of the Gods was the game's "Water Temple." If we assume that Dragon Roost Isle was the "Fire Temple," and Forest Haven was the "Forest Temple," anyway.

See the problem with assuming that is, Din's pearl was found in Dragon Roost. Which contained lots and lots of lava. And where do we find Din's pearl in OoT? Dodongo's Cavern. Which is thought to be the Fire Temple for young Link. Farore's Pearl, Forest Haven. Predominately surrounded by trees and grass. Hence it being the Forest Temple. And yet again referencing OoT, You find that one in the Great Deku Tree, which is a giant tree. haha. Now we get to Nayru's Pearl. You get this...from a giant fish? Wait, this makes no sense. Alright, let's just consider the next Temple you go to the Water Temple. I mean it has water, right? Wrong. The only reason the Tower of the Gods has water is because it has an open entrance where you sail your boat straight in. After you actually get inside the place, there's no more water to be found anywhere really.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ah yes, how could I miss that? Almost every game had a Water Temple of some sort, and you'd figure that since WW is a gigantic sea, there'd be at least one. I would've liked it a lot if there was a Water Temple in WW. Those things are fun. Yes I even mean the Water Temple of OoT (which admittedly does make me confused even though I've gone through it a couple times).

Kazumi

chagy
Like Athenian I always considered the Tower of the Gods as a water temple. I mean, I know the game doesn't have a specific "Water Temple", but it also doesn't have a specific "Fire Temple" or "Forest Temple". There are just temple's themed like that. Dragon Roost Cavern has fire, Forbidden Forest has... forests, and the Tower of the Gods has water. So really, to me it's just like a water temple.

I would assume however, that one of the two temples that Iwata said were cut from the game was a water temple where you got Nayru's Pearl. Who knows, maybe it was inside Jabun, and you went in there with the King of Red Lions. Or maybe not. I think that I can make the assumption that the addition of water to the Tower of the Gods may have been an afterthought because of the removal of the water temple. Maybe they just took some of the water puzzles from the old water temple and put them in the beginning of the Tower of the Gods? Who can say.

Either way, a Zelda game doesn't NEED a Water Temple. Phantom Hourglass didn't have one. And I found that the different themes in Wind Waker were a nice break from the usual.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I actually have a theory. The water temple might have been on Greatfish isle, but when you get there Quill (I think) says something about the island being destroyed by ganondorf. Somehow Jabun (the fish) escaped from greatfish isle, or the pearl just drifted over to him. And thus, the temple was replaced by that annoying trek across the sea.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I honestly never noticed this before. I never really saw TotG to be a 'water temple' though as only the first floor really has any water. TO me, that place had kinda of a neutral theme. It doesn't really bother me (again, I never noticed before), but it can be seen as a nice change from the usual. Water levels were always my least favourite anyway. :P

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Oddly enough, I never thought this was weird. And I find everything weird.

Because it's already on the ocean, it doesn't make much sense to have a Water Temple. That'd be a bit of an overdose of... aquatics. :> I mean, where would it take place? On an island already surrounded by water? It'd be overkill, I think, and Nintendo noticed this. Nearly all of the game is on water or has something to do with water. So... to keep things interesting, they didn't put one? ... I think I'm just repeating myself again. |D;

I'm probably waaay off, but that's what I thought when I found out there was no Water Temple.
Or maybe it's because TWW was supposed to be easier they didn't put in one of the dreaded Water Temples in order to keep it easy? XD; -shot'd-

Last edited:

jack546

The chosen one
I thought the tower of the gods could have been refered to as water temple or at least the 1rst floor

T

TMMay

I thought that the Tower of Gods was the 'water' temple, being flooded and such, but with the 'pearl' thing you were talking about, I guess they just didn't put one in the game.

Getting Nayru's pearl was unusually easy. So easy it felt like something was wrong. You sail to Greatfish Isle, Jabun's not there. Moved to Outset, so you sail there. You see Jabun so your thinking "oh, something's gonna go wrong, and ill have to play through another dungeon to get the pearl"....but no. He just gives it to you....
Wasen't there goin to be a Water temple at first in Greatfish Isle...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom