• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

So, has anyone here read the comic books? I've read all but the sixth, since my local book store doesn't have it in yet. I'm really looking forward to the movie adaptation, are you? Do you have high hopes or deep doubts?

Poké!

√∞ⁿ
I haven't read it, but I have seen previews for the movie. It looks kind of interesting from my perspective, but I probably won't go and see it, so I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but it looks good enough to watch someday. I can't say I have either high hopes or deep doubts because I haven't read the books though.

the movie looks pretty cool, i'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD. the videogame adaption also looks pretty good, it looks like an arcade, side-scrolling, beat-em-up.

The comic is very entertaining, with many video game references. The movie honestly looks just as good. I suggest you check out both.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I read on Zelda Informer that it's supposed to have the Great Fairy/file selection theme and other songs from Zelda in the game. I might watch it but I'm not the biggest fan of Michael Cera.

Beeker

Wild Card
I haven't read the comics, but I did see them today at a book store.
I also went to see the movie. I loved it, I thought it was great. There were all sorts of cool references in there, and of course the Zelda ones( nothing too too major, stuff like some classic music was in there). I thought there was some good humor in there as well. It entertained me pretty well:D
I think it was one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

Austin

Austin
I saw the movie today, and I can honestly say that it has been the only movie I've seen this summer that I've thoroughly enjoyed. I wouldn't say that it was the best overall, but personally, I loved it. I read the graphic novels last week while on vacation, and having loved those, I can say that the movie does them justice. Some parts had to be cut out, obviously, due to the fact that the movie is around two hours long, but for the most part it stays faithful. A lot of the lines are kept intact straight from the books. And the Zelda references were friggin' awesome, I bugged the hell out of the people behind me because I was constantly tapping my girlfriend's shoulder going "ZOMFG THAT'S A ZELDA REFERENCE!!!!!".

Every part of the movie rocked, basically. The fight scenes kicked ***, the acting kicked ***, the jokes kicked ***, it was a kick-*** movie, is what I'm trying to communicate. The other friend I went with hadn't read the books and loved the movie, but for whatever reason I don't think that'll be the case for most people. Unlike most movie adaptations, this seems to be meant for fans of the original novels rather than mainstream audiences.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I saw it today. It was one movie I actually liked. Definetly go see it. And the Zelda refrences were great. It is worth seeing, IMO it's hilarious.

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
Well i saw the movie like a week after it came out and i loved every single minute of it, it was hilarious, witty and very entertaining, i've read the comics as well and i must admit michael cera played a awesome role and nailed it perfectly every single time, his humor was perfect and all that, even a lot of old video game references were a nice thing to see, i'm picking it up on DVD when it comes out.

Abbs

I haven't read the comic, but the movie was amazing.
The video game references made me feel really nostalgic and I loved the Zelda Menu remix they used in the what I think was the dream scene. It really makes me want to play all my old Zelda games and check out the comic version.

so i went and seen the movie first and it was awesome but it felt a little off (probably micheal cera)
and then i read the comic books which were awesome! (quick easy read)
then after reading the books i start to believe that micheal cera definatly shouldnt have played scott pilgram.
but that would be another topic anyway...
the books are awesome, i think you get a much better feel for who they really are. i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom