• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

School's Out: Recess Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Fused, any thoughts on anyone?

Still gathering intel at the moment. :)

Your reasoning for my being cult in the Pokemon game was wrong, and as of time of writing, I guarantee that it is wrong again.

Well, technically the reasoning wasn't wrong; the reasoning is extremely valid and logical. There's no denying that. And yes, it is true that you were not cult in that game, but the situations are a bit different. In that game, the Cult Leader only had one recruitment of a player they targeted, which was Thar. Their second recruitment was of Celeboy, who was the Lightning Rod and attracted the recruitment to themself. In this game, the Cult Leader has already had two recruitments that they themselves chose, making the chances of you being cult greater in this game than in Pokescum.

Also, to throw this question back at you, let's create a hypothetical situation in which you are the Cult Leader (not saying you actually are). Who would be your first two recruitment choices? Before you ask me (which I know you will instead of answering ;)), I'd recruit Pendio and yourself. So, who would you recruit?

The thing that fused is doing sounds like some one trying to get rid of a powerful player.
igmeoy fused

Not even going to bother responding to this post.

Also wait Mentor Mentee were is this from ? Im Probably missed something because Ive not been keeping us with the game as much as I should.

That was me. Initially confused this game with Korra upon my re-entrance.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Also, to throw this question back at you, let's create a hypothetical situation in which you are the Cult Leader (not saying you actually are). Who would be your first two recruitment choices? Before you ask me (which I know you will instead of answering ;)), I'd recruit Pendio and yourself. So, who would you recruit?

At the start of the game, I would have recruited Thar and Pendio. At this point, I would recruit you and Pendio.

EDWODP

That was me. Initially confused this game with Korra upon my re-entrance.

Note to self: Don't mention a character that's not in the game in a night scene next time so as not to throw everyone off.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
At the start of the game, I would have recruited Thar and Pendio. At this point, I would recruit you and Pendio.

Ah ha! So clearly you agree with my logic. :)

EBWODP

Anywayz, let's take a quick look at the player list, shall we?

Blackkirby
Pendio
Littlegumball
A Link In Time
Mido
Heroine of Time
Lugia
Scarfed

Musicfan is practically confirmed, so I left him off the list. Also, because Thar is not in this game (;)), I took myself off the list, but we all means visualize myself on the list, because for everyone else I should be on the list, but not for myself. Got it?

Anywayz, that leaves us with 8 players. We know there's probably 3 cult members at the moment, along with that final scum. So, my all means all purposes, our lynchee will have to come from this list. Now it's late and I don't really feel like doing an analysis rn so instead I'll ask everyone else the question. Pick one (two would be cool too) of the people from the list and explain why you'd lynch 'em. Pretty simple, right? Good. :)

Last edited:

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
OR YOU GUYS COULD JUST NOT TALK EVER THAT'S COOL TOO.

I'm suspicious of Mido, simply because I haven't seen him in a while and that makes me wary because iirc Mido usually has things to say. (also the mido is always scum rule)

I don't know why but my gut has been telling me to be wary of Fused this game. Probably the fact that he was scum before :P but either way I still don't fully trust him.

Now that I'm looking at the list, there's not really anyone that I fully trust lol. Except for the confirmed, MF. Speaking of MF, it'd be nice to hear some more input. ^^ Also fused, why did you respond to MF's accusation by not responding? Also it'd be nice for you to do your analysis. Please and thanks. :*

I'm curious as to why Lugia isn't dead, if her earlier claim is true. Then again, if it wasn't, someone would have spoken up by now. So I'm a little confused here. Maybe Lugia originally WAS Mikey/Bodyguard and Cult recruited her because she is/was confirmed town? I would probably do that if I was Cult Leader. (watch that last bit come back to bite me...)

Pen

The game is on!
Why do you say that?

Nah I dunno. I guess my gut is just telling me you are scum. I am quite convinced that you are not Mafia, but there is still a good chance for you to be with the Cult. Anyway, the two major reasons why I said that I was suspicious of you for being the Cult Leader was firstly because we know that the Cult Leader made an attempt to recruit Sadia into the Cult, and I just thought that you were the player most likely to pick Sadia for a recruitment. And the second reason was sort of to stir up some discussion and look at any possible reactions.

Maybe Lugia originally WAS Mikey/Bodyguard and Cult recruited her because she is/was confirmed town? I would probably do that if I was Cult Leader. (watch that last bit come back to bite me...)

I personally think this is the case. I mean, no matter who the Cult Leader is, recruiting Lugia after that role claim would be a clever idea. Also, might I add that I think whoever the Cult Leader is, is doing a terrific job at it seeing as we have not yet managed to take down a single member of the Cult.

Anyway, I'll do a little analysis as fused asked, and I will share some of my spontanious thoughts, but do not expect a whole lot.

musicfan is the last standing Mason, so there really is not that much more to say about him.

Blackkirby seems to be lurking, not as much as some other players, but still lurking. The fact that he is not completely inactive makes me think he wants to stay alive for the Mafia to win or something.

fused is a player that I often find myself very suspicious of, but most of the time he turns out to be Town (and playing pretty well for the Town too). Anyway, since he was fairly recently brought back into the game I will give my analysis of him a bit more time.

Pendio, aka myself, was pretty much confirmed innocent by musician (whom we now know is trustworthy), so I think people could scratch me from any Mafia list you might have. However, obviously there is a possibility I have been recruited by the Cult seeing as anyone (except probably for the last Mafia) could be recruited.

Gummy is most likely not the Mafioso we are looking for, seeing as she has (in an unsuspicious way) taken part in the lynches of a few Mafiosi iirc. But I still think she could be with the Cult, possibly even their leader.

ALIT is one of those (like Kirby) who have been semi inactive this game. It seems he has possibly returned to the game now, but that remains to be seen. I am rather suspicious of him. About as suspicious as I am of Kirby.

Mido has been very inactive this game, and as Gummy mentioned, that can be viewed as very suspicious. However, I do not think (in Mido's case) that the fact that he is inactive makes him scummy. By this I mean that I do not think that Mido's activity in the game would have to do with his in-game allignment. I would very much like to see him post though.

Heroine is kind of in the same boat as Mido I think. They might have been about equally inactive thus far. Although, typically for Heroine is to start the game inactive and then get progressively more active towards the end of the game. Hopefully she starts posting soon so we can all analyze her properly and so that she can share any useful thoughts that she may have.

Lugia's seemingly unintentional role claim earlier in the game was probably true. And I think the Cult Leader has used this information and gone ahead and recruited her which would mean that she is now probably a Cultist. However, just lynching a lone Cultist would not do us much good, as a new one will just be recruited tonight anyway. Looking for the Cult Leader is far more important if you ask me. Besides, there is always a chance that Lugia has not been recruited.

Scarfed replaced Fig, the least active player in the game as far I am aware. Because Fig never made a single post in this game thread before Scarf replaced him today, I highly doubt Fig would have been sending in any night actions to the game mod. Because of this we can probably completely scratch Scarf from being the Cult Leader (he can still be a Cultist of course but as I said that goes for everyone). I also highly doubt that Scarf is with the Mafia because the Mafia did kill last night, but at that time (as far as I know) it was still Fig who had the role, which means that Scarf had not yet replaced him. And because I think the replacement was not carried through until the very end of the night/just this morning, I do not think Scarf is guilty because Fig would not have performed the Mafia's factional kill last night if he had been the last standing one. I hope this makes some sense hehe.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Nah I dunno. I guess my gut is just telling me you are scum. I am quite convinced that you are not Mafia, but there is still a good chance for you to be with the Cult. Anyway, the two major reasons why I said that I was suspicious of you for being the Cult Leader was firstly because we know that the Cult Leader made an attempt to recruit Sadia into the Cult, and I just thought that you were the player most likely to pick Sadia for a recruitment. And the second reason was sort of to stir up some discussion and look at any possible reactions.

I can see that, I guess. And I can see that you'd think I would pick Sadia. However, if I'm being honest, if you are not Cult then I'm not the Leader, because I would definitely pick you as one of my earliest choices for recruitment.

So, Pendio, are you Cult? :right:

Speaking of the who-would-pick-Sadia argument, do you think that Mido would pick Sadia? I think he would.

EBW

I meant to add this in, and I didn't.

Pendio, I disagree with the lynch-a-cultist-is-pointless argument because they win by outnumbering everyone so if we keep getting rid of them, they can only stay at the number they're at.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Okay, are you guys ready to hear the absolute worst reasoning behind inactivity? My confidence in this game has been floored.
-I was dead wrong about Thareous being any sort of anti-town role, and overall, haven't done anything to help in general. To be honest, I'm just being self-deprecating over my "lack of progress" as a player per se. I don't really know where to go from here to be honest.
-However, I just might have an iota of thought pertaining to fused's list o' lynchees:

fused_shadows's List Breakdown Extravaganza (With your host, Mido. :yes: )
Blackkirby
Pendio
Littlegumball
A Link In Time
Mido (I know this guy!)
Heroine of Time
Lugia
Scarfed
fused_shadows himself?

My thoughts
On Blackkirby, a few points have been made about him, and from what I've seen thus far, I can see him as both a cult leader and final mafia member, but more so the latter. He's played a good, discreet game thus far, and to be honest, at first glance, I cannot nail the guy for anything.

Pendio's been confirmed by MF, but what intrigues me is the source of his confirmations....hmm.... Notwithstanding, I still find myself believing the news.

Gummy, I believe is innocent. As a matter of fact, she may just be more pivotal to our cause than we might think. I base this off what I've observed during the night.

ALIT is the man I coupled with Thareous, and I ultimately think he has the best chance of bearing the emblem of the cult. If I were to vote now, I would cast it on him, however, I've been wrong on most fronts thus far.

I haven't been too active, but I can see why people would call me out at this time.

Heroine, I assume is innocent, or is hiding out as scum. While the second is a possibility, the first potential situation seems more likely to me. I think she only posted twice this whole game.

Lugia claimed, and while some of us made some interesting assertions as to her being a member of the cult, I will give her the benefit of the doubt as being our bodyguard as mentioned.

Scarfed replacing Fig? I assume town, as Fig's identity is making its first appearance now in the form of our friend Scarfed.

Gummy, I think you make a good point on fused. As always, I'm lending him my ear, but there's always the dangerous chance that he's scum. I don't think he's leading the Cult at this moment. If anything, I want to look over Viral's old posts under the light of the circumstances.

One last thing, since I just saw your post as I was typing my not so much a masterpiece: if I were leader, I think Sadia would be a good candidate for my plans. Still, I would probably have recruited Pendio first since I still need to return an old favor from LOTR Mafia.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I don't know why but my gut has been telling me to be wary of Fused this game. Probably the fact that he was scum before :P but either way I still don't fully trust him.

If you're expecting me to pull a Pendio (;)) and talk about the odds of me being scum twice in one game then I'm sorry to disappoint. :)

Also fused, why did you respond to MF's accusation by not responding? Also it'd be nice for you to do your analysis. Please and thanks. :*

My answer is fairly simple. By responding by not responding, I ensured that musicfan knows that I saw the comment, thus ensuring that in the future someone doesn't pull a "hey he asked you this and you didn't answer SCUM SCUM SCUM" (kinda like what is currently happening to Thareous). However, I didn't think the comment was actually worth responding to, so I didn't respond. Get it? :)

And yeah, I'll definitely start that analysis tonight (typing it up I mean). Probably won't finish it though, as I have work, but hopefully I'll have it up by tomorrow.

I'm curious as to why Lugia isn't dead, if her earlier claim is true. Then again, if it wasn't, someone would have spoken up by now. So I'm a little confused here. Maybe Lugia originally WAS Mikey/Bodyguard and Cult recruited her because she is/was confirmed town? I would probably do that if I was Cult Leader. (watch that last bit come back to bite me...)

Definitely something that a savvy Cult Leader would do. Nab the /basically/ confirmed Townie.

I personally think this is the case. I mean, no matter who the Cult Leader is, recruiting Lugia after that role claim would be a clever idea. Also, might I add that I think whoever the Cult Leader is, is doing a terrific job at it seeing as we have not yet managed to take down a single member of the Cult.

Eh, sometimes process =/= results. What I mean is that the Cult Leader could actually be doing a horrible job, but by fluke we haven't found them yet. Just look at Korra mafia for an example of the process (Town scumhunting) not equally the result (Town Victory).

To prevent confusion, what I mean by this is that I don't necessarily agree with Pendio's use of this as a reason for Julio being Cult Leader.

Blackkirby seems to be lurking, not as much as some other players, but still lurking. The fact that he is not completely inactive makes me think he wants to stay alive for the Mafia to win or something.

Hard fellow to nab, this Mr. Blackkirby. Plays practically the same Town v Mafia, as far as my memory concerns me. Probably would be better to look into the people Blackkirby has decided to admit his suspicion on as well as who he hasn't admitted instead of playstyle.

fused is a player that I often find myself very suspicious of, but most of the time he turns out to be Town (and playing pretty well for the Town too).

The feeling is mutual. :)

Pendio, aka myself, was pretty much confirmed innocent by musician (whom we now know is trustworthy), so I think people could scratch me from any Mafia list you might have. However, obviously there is a possibility I have been recruited by the Cult seeing as anyone (except probably for the last Mafia) could be recruited.

I'm... uh... not exactly sure how much I can respond to this. (Will probably have to ask JC in a PM)

ALIT is one of those (like Kirby) who have been semi inactive this game. It seems he has possibly returned to the game now, but that remains to be seen. I am rather suspicious of him. About as suspicious as I am of Kirby.

This was another reason why I suggested ALIT as a cult member over someone like yourself, Pendio. ALIT's playstyle perfectly matches a cult members', imo.

Heroine is kind of in the same boat as Mido I think. They might have been about equally inactive thus far. Although, typically for Heroine is to start the game inactive and then get progressively more active towards the end of the game. Hopefully she starts posting soon so we can all analyze her properly and so that she can share any useful thoughts that she may have.

Sounds like Heroine has got quick a nifty strategy, eh? Don't post at all in the first ~3-4 Days, thus ensuring posts like this from other players that keep her alive. As Heroine pointed out to me, Korra was actually the first time ever that she had gotten lynched, and it was Day 1. All I'm saying is that I highly recommend against letting her be simply because she hasn't posted.

Lugia's seemingly unintentional role claim earlier in the game was probably true. And I think the Cult Leader has used this information and gone ahead and recruited her which would mean that she is now probably a Cultist. However, just lynching a lone Cultist would not do us much good, as a new one will just be recruited tonight anyway. Looking for the Cult Leader is far more important if you ask me. Besides, there is always a chance that Lugia has not been recruited.

Pendio, I disagree with the lynch-a-cultist-is-pointless argument because they win by outnumbering everyone so if we keep getting rid of them, they can only stay at the number they're at.

I disagree with both of you on this, in terms of your specific arguments. Pendio, I disagree with the entire logic of your argument. You say that finding the Cult Leader is most important, which I agree with. However, you continue by saying that lynching Lugia, who you already said is more than likely a cultist, would be useless. How are we supposed to find the Cult Leader without having any ideas of who they recruited? Any idea of who they wanted to recruit? Any idea of their logic? Lynching cult members gives us this information. There's no other way to get it. If we want the Cult Leader, we need to cult members. Otherwise we just need some luck, and quite frankly I'd rather not take a chance.

As for you, Julio... I disagree in your argument because it's simply not true. Yes, it's true that the cult win by outnumbering the Town, but the last part of your post is wrong. In a scenario in which we lynch a cultist today and a new player replaces them in the cult, the cult did not stay at the number they're at, as you said. They go from 3/10 to 3/8, which is a significant increase. Get it? :P

Overall I do agree with Julio, but not because of her logic (sowwy :c). I'd say that if we all agree that one player (coughcoughLugiacoughcough) is a Cult Member, then they should definitely be an option to be lynched, but not as a main priority, because as Pendio said, getting the Cult Leader is most important. If we all agree that someone is the Cult Leader/final scum, then that's who should be lynched immediately. However, if we find ourselves without a clear option, then it'd be best to lynch the aforementioned Cult Member, as it'd be better than taking a chance on someone whom we are simply guessing is scum/Cult Leader without any significant evidence.

I think we all agree that Lugia is a cult member. If by the time the day ends (idk when it is :/) we still haven't found a better player to lynch, I suggest we lynch Lugia. This way we are at least cutting down the cult instead of cutting down the Town.

Scarfed replaced Fig, the least active player in the game as far I am aware. Because Fig never made a single post in this game thread before Scarf replaced him today, I highly doubt Fig would have been sending in any night actions to the game mod. Because of this we can probably completely scratch Scarf from being the Cult Leader (he can still be a Cultist of course but as I said that goes for everyone). I also highly doubt that Scarf is with the Mafia because the Mafia did kill last night, but at that time (as far as I know) it was still Fig who had the role, which means that Scarf had not yet replaced him. And because I think the replacement was not carried through until the very end of the night/just this morning, I do not think Scarf is guilty because Fig would not have performed the Mafia's factional kill last night if he had been the last standing one. I hope this makes some sense hehe.

I approve of this message. :yes:

Pen

The game is on!
So, Pendio, are you Cult? :right:

I will tell you that I was expecting to be recruited last night (with MF having confirmed my innocence and all). But I was quite surprised when the morning came and my alignment was still the same as before.

fused_shadows's List Breakdown Extravaganza (With your host, Mido. :yes: )
Blackkirby
Pendio
Littlegumball
A Link In Time
Mido (I know this guy!)
Heroine of Time
Lugia
Scarfed
fused_shadows himself?

Might I just ask what the colours here are supposed to mean? You are not implying that you are third party, are you?

I'm... uh... not exactly sure how much I can respond to this. (Will probably have to ask JC in a PM)

...What is this supposed to mean? I am looking forward to hopefully learning what you were about to say.

Right now I am actually starting to suspect Blackkirby for being the Cult Leader, by the way.

Also, even if MF may not be with the Cult right now (I do not know if he is or if it is possible to tell from the night scenes), but he would be a fairly good recruitment option for the Cult Leader. Just pointing that out so we do not disregard him entirely in the future.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
[[too lazy to quote things woooo]]

@Pendio: Of course you wouldn't tell us if you were recruited, that's basically asking to be lynched. :P Also I believe Mido was talking about coloring Fused's suspicions according to what he thought, as in summarizing Fused's posts by colors.

@fused: Regarding MF, I think it's a perfectly legitimate accusation. I may not necessarily be on board with it but it's certainly a tactic that people use. Don't act like you're "above" being accused :P

Anyway I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to Hroni's next post of "lol sorry I haven't been posting because of school I'll try and catch up" [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Mido

Version 1
I will tell you that I was expecting to be recruited last night (with MF having confirmed my innocence and all). But I was quite surprised when the morning came and my alignment was still the same as before.

Might I just ask what the colours here are supposed to mean? You are not implying that you are third party, are you?

...What is this supposed to mean? I am looking forward to hopefully learning what you were about to say.

Right now I am actually starting to suspect Blackkirby for being the Cult Leader, by the way.

Also, even if MF may not be with the Cult right now (I do not know if he is or if it is possible to tell from the night scenes), but he would be a fairly good recruitment option for the Cult Leader. Just pointing that out so we do not disregard him entirely in the future.

[[too lazy to quote things woooo]]

@Pendio: Of course you wouldn't tell us if you were recruited, that's basically asking to be lynched. :P Also I believe Mido was talking about coloring Fused's suspicions according to what he thought, as in summarizing Fused's posts by colors.

@fused: Regarding MF, I think it's a perfectly legitimate accusation. I may not necessarily be on board with it but it's certainly a tactic that people use. Don't act like you're "above" being accused :P

Anyway I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to Hroni's next post of "lol sorry I haven't been posting because of school I'll try and catch up" [noparse]:)[/noparse]

You've got the right idea. As for coloring my name, I tried to think in your perspectives as to what I would be. Accuracy is not guarranteed!

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I'm rereading the thread right now guys. Meanwhile, the day ends tomorrow!

ebw

Fused, I'm looking at what happened Night 1/Day 2 right now. Idk if you're allowed to answer this, and idr if this has already been solved, but did you give your investigation to MF? Or what even happened? I had seen that you had liked this post:

Actually, I was thinking about Fuseds role. He was a cop, right? Maybe his role as a cop was to help him find his comrades, and he didn't actually know them?

Does this mean that this post was correct?

eb again

Scarf bby pls say stuff bae.

Sorry I'm late I was procastinating and getting my thoughts together. So here are some random thoughts.

Littlegumball have began to play awfully agressive like she were desperate or something. First the vote on heroine and now trying to initiate a bandwagon on Thar. It leaves me to think that she want to buy time to kill the confirmed active townies but that might just be me overthinking things.

And then there is Thar. Due to Sadia suspecting Thar and then she turned out to be a scumy scum so he would seem like he would be a non scum but he's playing so wierd, so cult member maybe? I'm not really sure.

Lady of leaves, Musicfan and Pendio seems like 100% townies but this is a liars game and you can never be 100% sure.

I don't really have much else to say about everyone else though since they have been kind of quiet.

Does this post still correlate with what you currently think? (minus the stuff about the dead people)

Last edited:
Hmm I agree with the most of the stuff that have been said however I don't think Lugia got recruited night 1. The reason for this is that the night scene talks about a usually aggressive figure got recruited and Mikey is the calmest and nicest person in the show. That would mean that the cult probably doesn't target confirmed townies but instead players that can play well or players that they are friends with. The only person we know that the cult leader have targeted is Sadia. So maybe a friend of hers is the Cult leader?

My top guesses for who the Cult leader could be is:

Littlegumball. Based on what people have said and what I've said earlier.

Blackkirby and Alit. Because they are lurking and that seems suspicious to me.

Also I have a feeling that Pendio either got recruited night 1 or night 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom