• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

School's Out: Recess Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, I'm back. It's been quite the week, but here's what I see:

In light of Scarfed's recent roleclaim, I find it to be insignificant. At this point, claims, while they can be trusted, will not save any of us. I assume that if a player is recruited to the cult, even if that player's ability becomes disabled, the knowledge of the former role remains. In short, no matter the role, the possibility of cult membership remains as it was. Under this respect, I now believe that each of us has an equal chance of being a member. Right now, the only player I doubt is a member is musicfan. ALIT, while he seems like the perfect candidate due to his reputable play and his sly activity thus far, doesn't seem to be a cult member based on what I've observed, but I could be wrong. Heroine, I'm at a null on. If anything, I group her in the same boat as ALIT since her ability to endure the long game of Mafia is impeccable around these parts. Now, I consider two players I previously thought to be the least likely cult members: Scarfed and Gummy.

I believe your claim. Yet, I do have a few questions/statements:
1.) How is MF free from recruitment? By any chance would your doctor shot prevent that? It never looked as if the Mafia went after him either. While I don't think MF is in the cult, I am a little uncertain if he is entirely cleared as cult.
2.) So, Gummy claims she is not the Vig? Interesting.... I remember back in the thread when you mentioned this:

This theory that you said you have put a smile on my face when I read it. It seemed to coincide with a sort of 'theory' that I developed early on in the game. At the time, I thought you were the cop! As a result of your statement, I led myself to believe that the vigilante was indeed Gummy. If what she says is true, then my theory is way off. The only reason I bring this up is because of last night. There was no vigilante action, so if Blackkirby somehow recruited the vig in time the vig could indeed be one of the cultists. The flaw in my theory is that a kill did indeed go off after BK's death. Anyways, what I want to know, if you can supply, is, how did you reach this theory, since your abilities don't seem to be apt in role discovery?
3.) Since your role is in the light, I can only wonder if your vig ability can be used during the day as well? Hmm....

I'm aware that my findings harbor some speculation and perhaps some long-shot possibilities, but I really need some input right now! :lol:

I just woke up and I've only slept 4 hours tonight but I will try to answer you to the best of my abilities.

1: Musicfan can't be cult because of his character. Since lady of the leaves, his mason was revealed as one of the diggers it's safe to assume that he is the other digger. That means that he couldn't be recruited night three because we know that T.J. got recruited then. The night one recuitment was of a usually aggressive guy which doesn't fit his character as well thus making it unlikely. Besides I doubt that a cult member would go out of his way without being requested to confirm Pendio on day 2.

2: I thought that Gumball was the vig because a lot of the time people she suspected died on the night by the vig. At least this was the case with Thar and Lugia. It seemed plausible at that point in time but now I think it was maybe just a coincidence or maybe even someone who trusted Gummball to be able to find the scum and thus killed those who she thought was suspicious. Also it was a lot of gut feeling involved. I generally felt that Gumball played like a typical Vigilante would have.

3: No I can't use my vig ability on the day.

Also I just realised that Heroine isn't cleared of suspicion just yet. If she was T.J. and got recruited night three she could still have sent a message to Musicfan. If Gumball was her cult buddy she could have played along and said that she got the pm from her. But this is only possible if Gumball indeed was a cult member which is why I suggest that we lynch her.

Mido

Version 1
I just woke up and I've only slept 4 hours tonight but I will try to answer you to the best of my abilities.

1: Musicfan can't be cult because of his character. Since lady of the leaves, his mason was revealed as one of the diggers it's safe to assume that he is the other digger. That means that he couldn't be recruited night three because we know that T.J. got recruited then. The night one recuitment was of a usually aggressive guy which doesn't fit his character as well thus making it unlikely. Besides I doubt that a cult member would go out of his way without being requested to confirm Pendio on day 2.

2: I thought that Gumball was the vig because a lot of the time people she suspected died on the night by the vig. At least this was the case with Thar and Lugia. It seemed plausible at that point in time but now I think it was maybe just a coincidence or maybe even someone who trusted Gummball to be able to find the scum and thus killed those who she thought was suspicious. Also it was a lot of gut feeling involved. I generally felt that Gumball played like a typical Vigilante would have.

3: No I can't use my vig ability on the day.

Also I just realised that Heroine isn't cleared of suspicion just yet. If she was T.J. and got recruited night three she could still have sent a message to Musicfan. If Gumball was her cult buddy she could have played along and said that she got the pm from her. But this is only possible if Gumball indeed was a cult member which is why I suggest that we lynch her.

1.) That's a good point you make. If anything, I might just have to observe the cult patterns of recruitment.

2.) Hmm, interesting observations. Looking back, I'm not so sure the vigilante was hit with recruitment, if the hole in my argument is correct regarding BK's death.

3.) Ah, I see!

1.) That's a good point you make. If anything, I might just have to observe the cult patterns of recruitment.

2.) Hmm, interesting observations. Looking back, I'm not so sure the vigilante was hit with recruitment, if the hole in my argument is correct regarding BK's death.

3.) Ah, I see!

I'm almost 100% sure that the vig wasn't recruited since the second recruit was T.J. and the vig seems to be another character based on the night scenes. It seems more likely that the vig just didn't kill anyone tonight for some reason.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Ive skimed through just now. Since your pushing for a gummy lynch and think she is cult why not night kill her and look for other cult today?
That way we can confirm you get rid of a cult and anlize the lynch pattern if it turns up we mistakenly hit a town?

Ive skimed through just now. Since your pushing for a gummy lynch and think she is cult why not night kill her and look for other cult today?
That way we can confirm you get rid of a cult and anlize the lynch pattern if it turns up we mistakenly hit a town?

Sounds reasonable, who do you suggest that we lynch today, Mido?

Mido

Version 1
I'm almost 100% sure that the vig wasn't recruited since the second recruit was T.J. and the vig seems to be another character based on the night scenes. It seems more likely that the vig just didn't kill anyone tonight for some reason.

That makes sense. This plays into ALIT's observation that the vigilante decided to be more reserved on that night.

I'll be honest, I find myself at ends with this plan of action, especially if Gummy turns out to be who I think she is. This plan isn't necessarily a bad one, but I maintain that there may be better options.

Sounds reasonable, who do you suggest that we lynch today, Mido?

That's a tough question. Honestly, I think I may have to revalue the options! D:

That makes sense. This plays into ALIT's observation that the vigilante decided to be more reserved on that night.

I'll be honest, I find myself at ends with this plan of action, especially if Gummy turns out to be who I think she is. This plan isn't necessarily a bad one, but I maintain that there may be better options.

That's a tough question. Honestly, I think I may have to revalue the options! D:

So what do you want to do? Lynch ALIT, Gumball or something even more intresting? I'm fine with lynching any one of those three but I would prefer to lynch Gumball for the reasons that I already stated. Also we are running out of time so we have to make a decision by tomorrow. Also if I'm going to kill someone tonight I want the vig to not kill anyone. I don't want to even have the slightest chance that we kill the same target if I decide to change my target at night because I realise that the other one was better more likely to be the last cult. This should also raise the chance that the vig survives since I won't be locked to kill one person no matter what role the person we lynch is.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I'd say mido would be a good choice he survives decently long into most other games has experience.

He slips under every ones radar almost every game.
There has not been any real shift in play styles either.

unvote
Vote mido

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Was the day period ever extended? Or is the day over now?

I, for some reason, had this belief that Mido was the vig. That's why I previously thought that we shouldn't lynch him. But at this point, I think he WOULD be a good choice, or even LG possibly. I also previously thought Scarfed was a good candidate, but after his role claim, I'm not so sure...

Either way, I'd be okay with a Mido lynch. Also, if you guys feel the need to fully confirm me, I CAN use my night action on someone tonight. However, I'd rather not, because I think that it's more likely to hurt than help at this point. (The only person I'd trust it with is musicfan, too, because musicfan is confirmed Town. And I already used it on him. I'm not completely sure if I can use it on the same person twice.)

Mido

Version 1
Eh, I urge you all that this just might be a big mistake! Still, it's not like I have really been a big help, so if I find myself on death's door, I implore you guys to tread carefully. I am unsure how far the cult has gained on us at this point. I just wish that we had a bit more input and what not! (Then again, I haven't been the most active myself.) If anything, at this point I think that MF and LG seem to be the least suspect after my reevaluation of the events!

I don't like how everyone is forgetting about ALIT, he is pretty suspicious too. I will have a hard time choosing between killing Gumball and ALIT tonight. Also Musicfan I want you to confirm that Heroine used her night action on you during night three before the night comes. That would basically confirm her as a townie.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I don't rember recieiving anything. It may of been something minor that I forgot about. Let me check my pms.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I recived a negative vote however I do not see how it clears her. Kirby was still alive on night 3. Her night action would have still went through.

I recived a negative vote however I do not see how it clears her. Kirby was still alive on night 3. Her night action would have still went through.

It makes it easier for me to believe that Gumball also recieved a similar pm if you also got it since it wasn't entirely a fake claim. Now that I think about it I too came to that conclusion but I seems to have forgotten about it. :S Anyways we won't know for certain until Mido turns out to be cult or not but this will certainly help me make a decision on who to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom