• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

School's Out: Recess Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok guys, I hope you don't mind if I bend the rules this one time. But last night, it ended in a tie (between Scar and Heroine of Time), which would usually be a no-lynch. However since I've put the timezones to EST and I can't keep up with the day (the day ends 3am my time :/), it's hard for me to update. And since everyone was becoming slightly active and there was stuff happening, I'm giving ties a one day extension and this is now the case with every tie. If the extension is also a tie, flip of coin.

So the day will end today at 9pm EST. I hope you guys don't mind the slight change, but I think it's for the better of the game.

---

Vote Count:

Scarfed (4) - Lady of the Leaves, Pendio, Musicfan, Crus@der77x
Pendio (1) - Scarfed

With 13 alive, it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Day ends Today 9PM EST

Seriously timezones are so confusing when all you guys are Muricans :I

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Sounds fine to me, Justa.

No if he's scum. You prevented his lynch with your pendio vote and then now you're saving face. I find that sketch af.

Well, I was under the impression that Pendio had two votes against him (me and Scarf) and that Scarfed had one vote on him, so I obviously didn't want a confirmed Townie to get lynched [read: musicfan's last post]. Now that a current vote count has been posted, the confusion is cleared up. Hadn't seen one for awhile.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Sounds fine to me, Justa.

Well, I was under the impression that Pendio had two votes against him (me and Scarf) and that Scarfed had one vote on him, so I obviously didn't want a confirmed Townie to get lynched [read: musicfan's last post]. Now that a current vote count has been posted, the confusion is cleared up. Hadn't seen one for awhile.

I'm talking about when you first voted for Pendio. Let me set up a timeline.

Lotl voted Scarf earlier in the day. I had read over this and I thought that there were no votes all day so I voted Heroine. Lotl informed me that there was a vote on Scarf so I said "okay" and unvoted. You respond 20 minutes later with a vote on Pendio (who is apparently confirmed?? idk if I trust that meaning "town" yet but I'll roll with the assumption he is simply not mafia aligned for the purpose of this suspicion I have.) without even explaining why, thus tying the votes again. People asked you why and you didn't answer (in my mind that means you were just hoping to "conveniently" be not online in order to avoid having to respond). Scarf joined your vote against him. 2 votes against someone who is not mafia, the first of which I believe is saving Scarf because you're buddies. Then people start piling votes on Scarf (by that i mean literally 2 more votes), you don't answer why you voted Pendio and then ohhhh loooook pendio's confirmed, better switch my vote.

I don't understand your point above.

Well I had a strong suspicion that Pendio wasn't guilty it's just that I want to cling to a small ray of hope that I might survive this day if we end up with same amount of votes.

read: I think he's not guilty but I'm going to vote for him anyway

at least vote for someone who you think is at least a little suspicious

You don't seem to understand my train of though so let me make it clear for you. I voted for Pendio because he was the only one at the time with a vote. The reason why I didn't care that he was most likely a townie was because I wasn't going for a lynch on Pendio but a vote tie so that I might survive along with Pendio. Well my plan horribly failed and I'm pretty much screwed unless a miracle happens. So I might as well make it even closer to 100% chance to get lynched.

Unvote

It was nice playing with you guys. Good luck finding the last scum but let it be known it wasn't me...

Ronin

I'm talking about when you first voted for Pendio. Let me set up a timeline. Lotl voted Scarf earlier in the day. I had read over this and I thought that there were no votes all day so I voted Heroine. Lotl informed me that there was a vote on Scarf so I said "okay" and unvoted.

Switching votes is very suspicious indeed... ;)

You respond 20 minutes later with a vote on Pendio (who is apparently confirmed?? idk if I trust that meaning "town" yet but I'll roll with the assumption he is simply not mafia aligned for the purpose of this suspicion I have.) without even explaining why, thus tying the votes again.

Who was not confirmed at the time.

People asked you why and you didn't answer (in my mind that means you were just hoping to "conveniently" be not online in order to avoid having to respond).

Two people asked. To specify in your place, you and Pendio. I didn't "conveniently" ignore or evade the question; I overlooked it because I didn't know who it was directed at. The reason should be entirely obvious as several people were changing votes at that time: to draw out answers. And it worked.

Scarf joined your vote against him. 2 votes against someone who is not mafia, the first of which I believe is saving Scarf because you're buddies.

No. Scarf joined that lynch on his own accord, in an attempt to save himself. And once again, Pendio was not confirmed innocent at the time, so there's no way of me knowing his alignment whenever I'd cast my first vote.

Then people start piling votes on Scarf (by that i mean literally 2 more votes), you don't answer why you voted Pendio and then ohhhh loooook pendio's confirmed, better switch my vote.

It's only natural to switch votes whenever a player is confirmed by another player (in spite of the nebulous claim from musicfan). Would you rather that I'd kept my vote on Pendio? Doing so would have been utterly pointless but entirely suspicious.

I don't understand your point above.

Might have to do with me misunderstanding your assertion... We're amidst a paradox of understanding each other's points.

Overall your hypothesis is well-established, but it's far from correct.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Switching votes is very suspicious indeed... ;)
touche, but one of us was saving someone and the other was not.

Who was not confirmed at the time.
You've got a point, but considering he's not scum NOW and you have potential to be scum, that's what the kicker is for me.

Two people asked. To specify in your place, you and Pendio. I didn't "conveniently" ignore or evade the question; I overlooked it because I didn't know who it was directed at. The reason should be entirely obvious as several people were changing votes at that time: to draw out answers. And it worked.
So you're telling me you didn't know the post DIRECTLY AFTER YOURS was directed at you? You didn't know that the person who you voted for, who by the way posted directly after the person who posted directly after you, who asked to say why, was directed at you? Come on.

And what answers did you want, if you don't mind me asking?

No. Scarf joined that lynch on his own accord, in an attempt to save himself. And once again, Pendio was not confirmed innocent at the time, so there's no way of me knowing his alignment whenever I'd cast my first vote.

What I'm saying is Scarf was up for a lynch and then you started a new one. Remember Atticus in Animal Crossing mafia? That's the exact situation I'm picturing here. Is it grasping at straws? Probably, but it's still only Day 3.

It's only natural to switch votes whenever a player is confirmed by another player (in spite of the nebulous claim from musicfan). Would you rather that I'd kept my vote on Pendio? Doing so would have been utterly pointless but entirely suspicious.

fair point but you switched your vote to Scarf. So did you want to save him or lynch him? Or did you just find that you couldn't save him and since his lynch was inevitable you wanted to gain town cred? Make up yo mind :P

Might have to do with me misunderstanding your assertion... We're amidst a paradox of understanding each other's points.

Overall your hypothesis is well-established, but it's far from correct.

We'll see. ;)

Pen

The game is on!
Scarfed, if you happen to see this before the day ends, could you please share any suspicions you might have on other players? If you are in fact innocent it could help our cause tremendously. Also, I have to say that your vote on me was not particularly scummy. It was just a natural course of action to save your own skin, which I can completely understand.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Wait, I'm so confused, so the day ends today in 20 minutes?

So, anyway, interesting turn out. Thar is seeming really fishy to me. But with only 20 minutes, I'm sticking to my guns, though I'm a little unsure now. But, if I were scum about to die, I would say I was town too...

Ronin

touche, but one of us was saving someone and the other was not.

Switching votes from Heroine to Scarfed =/= saving someone. And doing so only because someone "informed" you that there was another vote is doubly suspicious.

You've got a point, but considering he's not scum NOW and you have potential to be scum, that's what the kicker is for me.

You also have the potential to be scum, so that's the kicker for me. No protection for you.

So you're telling me you didn't know the post DIRECTLY AFTER YOURS was directed at you? You didn't know that the person who you voted for, who by the way posted directly after the person who posted directly after you, who asked to say why, was directed at you? Come on.

Both of you failed to quote me. Come on.

And what answers did you want, if you don't mind me asking?

That Pendio was [nebulously] confirmed, and that some role (Oracle or Dreaming God) purportedly contacted musicfan at an undetermined point.

What I'm saying is Scarf was up for a lynch and then you started a new one. Remember Atticus in Animal Crossing mafia? That's the exact situation I'm picturing here. Is it grasping at straws? Probably, but it's still only Day 3.

No, I don't remember that situation. Different game, different scenario. Pulling an occurrence from a past game to use as a "support" for your own theory is inefficient, in this case, because it isn't even applicable here. That's strengthened by the fact that it being Day 3 is completely irrelevant to who's lynching who. It's the third Day, and with it three scum have already died, so your point falls short entirely. It's as if you're trying to say it doesn't matter who dies so long as the surviving members can still play. In other words, you're acting like a loner who doesn't care for their team.

fair point but you switched your vote to Scarf. So did you want to save him or lynch him? Or did you just find that you couldn't save him and since his lynch was inevitable you wanted to gain town cred? Make up yo mind :P

Same question to you: Did you want to switch your vote from Heroine in order to save her and lynch Scarf instead? Could your initial vote have been a callout to Ms. Time to make her active again?

We'll see. ;)

Yes. Yes we will. ;)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Switching votes from Heroine to Scarfed =/= saving someone. And doing so only because someone "informed" you that there was another vote is doubly suspicious.

You're still misunderstanding me. I thought that no votes had been cast because not only was I busy all weekend, my interest in mafia had hit a low point, so naturally I skimmed. There
had been a lack of vote counts (at least as far as I can remember) pretty much all Day. You can imagine I might miss a couple things... such as whether or not there were any votes at all. I voted because I wanted a lynch. When I saw that there was reasoning for another one (and far better too, I might add) I backed off because I was getting what I wanted: a lynch. You, on the other hand, were presumably aware of the game. The only vote in the game was against Scarf. I can imagine, as a scumbud, that you might want to save him considering your numbers are limited. This is where I felt the need to mention Animal Crossing.

No, I don't remember that situation. Different game, different scenario. Pulling an occurrence from a past game to use as a "support" for your own theory is inefficient, in this case, because it isn't even applicable here. That's strengthened by the fact that it being Day 3 is completely irrelevant to who's lynching who. It's the third Day, and with it three scum have already died, so your point falls short entirely. It's as if you're trying to say it doesn't matter who dies so long as the surviving members can still play. In other words, you're acting like a loner who doesn't care for their team.

The situation is very similar. It was early in the game (it's arguably early in the game in this particular game, Day 3 is still a bit early imo), and there was only one vote and it was on a mafia member and the day was coming to a close, so a fellow mafia member started another lynch. I see the potential for this same situation. Where do you get "it doesn't matter who dies so long as the surviving members can still play" from? And what does the lack of mafia members have to do with anything? Scumbuds are still scumbuds, no matter what time of the game it is. I don't see how your arguments are proving mine to "fall short." Literally where did you pull that "loner" bs from? I'm trying to scumhunt and I found you scummy. My basis on you being scum is if Scarf is scum, anyway, so I don't see why you're being so defensive unless the two of you ARE scumbuds.

You also have the potential to be scum, so that's the kicker for me.

fair enough.

No protection for you.

...seriously?

Both of you failed to quote me. Come on.
1. Don't mock me.
2. Who else could we have been talking to? I posted and then you posted and then I posted again. Who could I have been talking to OTHER than you? Just because I don't quote you does not mean I am not talking to you. When has this ever been the case? If you didn't know who I was talking to you could have asked.

That Pendio was [nebulously] confirmed, and that some role (Oracle or Dreaming God) purportedly contacted musicfan at an undetermined point.

You wanted to know that specifically Pendio was confirmed? (i'm asking this for clarification)

Same question to you: Did you want to switch your vote from Heroine in order to save her and lynch Scarf instead? Could your initial vote have been a callout to Ms. Time to make her active again?
I asked you first. Gimme an answer.

The First Noelle

Resident Miscreant
Okay, I owe you a huge apology for my non-activity here. I just had a lot of stuff in real life that suddenly needed to be taken care of. Since I still am dealing with those issues, is is possible for me to be replaced? Thank you, and I once again apologise to you all for this.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
The situation is very similar. It was early in the game (it's arguably early in the game in this particular game, Day 3 is still a bit early imo), and there was only one vote and it was on a mafia member and the day was coming to a close, so a fellow mafia member started another lynch. I see the potential for this same situation. Where do you get "it doesn't matter who dies so long as the surviving members can still play" from? And what does the lack of mafia members have to do with anything? Scumbuds are still scumbuds, no matter what time of the game it is. I don't see how your arguments are proving mine to "fall short." Literally where did you pull that "loner" bs from? I'm trying to scumhunt and I found you scummy. My basis on you being scum is if Scarf is scum, anyway, so I don't see why you're being so defensive unless the two of you ARE scumbuds.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you're misremembering the situation.

In that situation, there was one vote (me voting for Stitch). Atticus called for a no lynch. Everyone piled on her and she flipped mafia. The next day everyone voted for Stitch, but he was not mafia.

Also, with the few number of players, I have also been thinking there might be one mafioso left, since I'm not really sure how the undercover cop fits with them. Usually isn't there 4 mafia in a game? I guess if the undercover cop isn't really part of their team, there could be two. If there is only mafia member left, it might be that Thar and Scarfed are cult? Though that would mean Lugia is not cult, since there's only been one successful recruitment (unless the cult started off with 2).

Anyway, I guess we'll see what Scarfed flips and continue on from there.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Ok so just got here abd sorry that Im a bit late mafia and school arent a good mix. So one question to scarfed If your not mafia then who do you think is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom