• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Scariest Part of Ocarina of Time?

T

tristman99

i actualy never got scared by the shadow temple or under the well.i saw wher people could get scared,and i found some areas creepy or messed up,but over all,i has fine!the only thing that scared me were the re-deads.and i first saw them in the royal family grave when i was 7 or 8 and i was like(these must be re-deads.ive heared about these. gotta be very quiet and c-(re-dead:SHRIEK)
OH MY GOSH HOLY SON OF A ! GET OF ME YOU LITTLE.IM NEVER COMMING BACK HERE!!!!!!" but now only BEN scares me,wierd,huh?

you shouldent have done that.

None of the locations or moments in Ocarina of Time actually scared me, to be honest. But there were a few moments that made me feel slightly less safe or secure, or a little unnerved.

The Royal Grave was the first place you fight ReDeads. Just before it you're in the silent graveyard fighting Poes, and then you dive underground, witnessing the eerie cinematic when the gravestone is destroyed. This are had more atmosphere and presentation than some of the actual story sequences, IMO, so it was pretty creepy.

Hyrule Castle Town in the future same reason basically. The desolate town with boarded up doors and ReDead screams was creepy as hell and also sorta diminished hope that things were going to turn out okay.

The future Kokiri Forest and the Forest Temple. This area was similarly disturbing. The Kokiri Forest was suddenly sinister and beset by monsters. The Kokiri were cowering in their homes and the cheery music was gone. The atmosphere of the subsequent Lost Woods was eerie too, when Mido actually manned up and did something to help. Then the Forest Temple was the first example of the creepy stuff you were up against. It has a surreal atmosphere and design. I always like to describe it as it felt like you were descending deeper and deeper into a madhouse. The outer areas felt grounded and normal, like part of the forest. But as you got deeper, it was all ghosts, stone, twisting corridors and surreal traps.

The Haunted Wasteland. This area bugged me because it was too open. Deserts are usually desolate, and so was this one. It was really freaky feeling so isolated, kinda like you were at the end of the world (and technically you were). Then there's the low visibility, making it, strangely, almost claustrophobic. It also somehow managed to make the normal Gerudo Valley song haunting.

Of course the Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple were creepy, but they never had any themes I found especially disturbing. Except perhaps the Dead Hand. But the Bottom of the Well was definitely creepier than the Shadow Temple if you ask me.

I don't really understand why the Forest Temple would be considered creepy... it didn't scare me at all, except for that one moment where a Wallmaster got me unexpectedly, and that was just because I was surprised.
See above. :bleh:

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
The Bottom of the Well takes the cake for me as well as the Shadow Temple...The Torture devices and the blood stains on the ground gave me the chills (I wonder if theyll remove that in OoT 3D) but the bottom of the well oh man....Dead Hand was a creature out of a NIGHTMARE, just the way it moved and look it still scares me to this day and im 19! The atmosphere is just chilling and it just really gets me :P

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I was 5 when I first played the game, and I was scared to leave Past Kokiri Forest (whimpy, I know).
But since then...
Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple: See all above posting on this area.
Future Marketplace: The cheerful people have been trurned into redeads! OMG!
The Dying Soldier: This man is dying on a sidestreet of Hyrule. He was killed by Ganondorf and is gasping his last breaths to tell of death and destruction.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
when i was four i got scared to leave kokori forest because my big brother told me ganondorf was out there waiting to kill me...
besides that i found it natural that a lot of people were scared of the shadow temple and the well (which i think is more creepy than the shadow temp) but i found the sprit temple truly terrible and blood curdling because it was s ancient and unexpected, as kid link it also has a room where lizaflos conveniently that fall from the ceiling :O:S:cry::mellow: turns out there was more :suspicious:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Definitely the Well. Shadow Temple was scary, but the Well was just downright terrifying. What with all the invisible pitfalls and blood everywhere. The fact that all this is in the Town's freakin' WATER SUPPLY is part of what makes it REALLY scary, though.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
For me it was both the Bottom of the Well and the Forest Temple.
I'm not really sure why the Well scared me and yet the Shadow Temple didn't. Maybe it was because with the Well, it was my first exposure to this sort of area within the game, so by the Shadow Temple, I was more used to it (and much older, IRL). Strangely enough, the thing that scared me the most was falling through the floor. ReDeads never scared me; in fact I always liked being around them, because the screams, I think, are amazing.
The Forest Temple.... if I could have, I would have skipped this place. In fact, it still kinda creeps me out. I think it's mainly the music that gets to me. Then there is also the intense fight with the Stalfos, then the atmosphere with the ghosts (although, I don't find them, themselves scary), as well as the boss. The Forest Temple was and still is my least favourite temple in the entire game mainly due to the music and the boss.
I mean, I'm not 14 anymore, so I don't find these places scary, but they certainly dont' being me any joy. :P

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well I was already an adult when I first played OoT. Of course this is not an excuse but I can imagine when you're 6 or 7 years old and even older some parts are really scary. The places I really didn't feel comfortable though were the Forest Temple -gimme a break! Twisted corridors, creepy music, Wall masters and blocks falling down from the ceiling- and the Bottom of the Well. The traps, the blood and the creepy deadhand are guilty of this :P I mean yeah the Shadow Temple was really creepy too but because of Bottom of the Well I kinda knew what I could expect.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would be tempted to say the Bottom of the Well, or the Spirit Temple, but I really think it would have to be the Forest Temple. There's really nothing much going on in there in terms of creepy enemies (even the ghosts), or scary environmental appearances... It's just that bone-chilling music that grates on my nerves. It's downright unsettling! It really helps solidify that music alone can be an excellent atmosphere setting element, and shows that the darker sounding music from the Bottom of the Well isn't always the best solution to trying to scare someone though music.

At the same time though, I seem to like to tortue myself with that music. I won't go out of my way to mute it while playing for some odd reason. I think I like to get scared by it...

I don't get outwardly terrified or anything, but I would say Forest Temple and Bottom of the Well are the most terrifying. I mean the way I look at it is if I were really Link, if I was standing in that place and it was real I would be crapping my pants. I liked to get sucked into the game you know and imagining something like that being real lol
I admit both still actually give me shivers almost today, very very creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom