• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Scariest Part of Ocarina of Time?

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Which part of Ocarina of Time was the scariest for you?

There are a lot to chose from, but the scariest for me has to be in the Shadow Temple. The overall feel is unnerving. With redeads, blood, and torturing devices everwhere. The music to this day gives me chills! Forest Temple, Kakariko graveyard, and under the well were a bit spooky as well.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would have to say that the scariest level for me was Bottom of the Well... I ran out (in game) screaming (in real life!) several times before I managed to get the courage to beat it. Although to be honest, all levels that had ReDeads were really creepy to me. Even Gibdos didn't scare me as much, because they were bandaged up.

One piece of advice, if playing this game for the first time... don't play through Bottom of the Well or the Shadow Temple at night, or alone. Also, the best mood to be in when playing them, is very angry. Strong anger blocks the fear, and prevents you from getting too creeped out, because no matter how disgusting the things you see are, you're so upset that you feel like whoever was subjected to those horrible treatments and necromancy deserved it. Hatred and anger are in keeping with the feeling of the Shadow Temple, and if you aren't in touch with your own hate and anger, you'll be intimidated by theirs. You really have to think like an diabolical, devious person in order to solve the puzzles.

I don't really understand why the Forest Temple would be considered creepy... it didn't scare me at all, except for that one moment where a Wallmaster got me unexpectedly, and that was just because I was surprised.

Last edited:

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I would have to say the Bottom of the Well. I guess I wouldn't think this if it wasn't because the first time I played it I was all alone, and I had the music really high. Then, as I walked to the room with the weird cross thing I fell down the hole with no warning. This probably traumatized me and that's what makes me say it is my OoT scariest part. And the trauma was even bigger because I played it when I was like 8. Imagine, all alone, 8-years-old, creepy music playing loudly... (:mellow:chills down my back:mellow:)

The scariest for me is definitely shadow temple. At least when I play the game right now. I can't recall my first time through the well, and I know that I've never been even creeped out in the forest temple (I'm not even sure why people think it's scary) But anyways, the shadow temple just has a really freaky vibe going on.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I think the scariest part is Either the (A) Shadow Temple or (:cool: Ganon's Fortress(or whatever it's called). Well, obviously the Shadow Temple because or all the torture devices and blood coating almost everything, and the ReDeads and the Dead Hand thing and all that other pants-wetting stuff. And Ganon's Tower/Fortress because the Organ plays the whole time you're climbing and you have to go through all the rooms that correspond with the Temples (Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, and Spirit). So... Yeah...

when I was a child playing OoT, just with seeing the redeads, that would be it for me, I had to run out the area or else turn the console off xD

nowadays the only thing that scares me is the feeling of loneliness in some temples...

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Well when I was 5 my First Zelda game was OoT so because I was so little I was SUPER scared of the ReDeads. I would scream and run out of the room. But my dad was always playing with me so he told me its a dead person it won't eat you. And next thing you know it grabs Link then once again I run out screaming :).

This might seem strange, but the market in the future now seems to be scarier in a way.

Of course when I first played the game I thought the bottom of the well and the shadow temple were the scariest, but I've gotten use to them now.

I think the market for me is scarier in a different way, knowing that it was full of joy in the past and people were having a good time, but then 7 years later it is destroyed and full of redeads. D:
But the bottom of the well and the shadow temple were always like that. There was no change.

So the reason why I think the market is scarier, is because of the drastic change it went through when Ganondorf took over and evil ruled the land.

Last edited:
S

Shoo

I see many of you were creeped out by the well. Well, I just have to agree. I remeber when I was young and played trough this nightmare of a semi dungeon. The blood and gloomy atmosphere didn't really creep me out as I'm a very curious person and like suspense, but I remeber so well how creeped out I was at that white bloody creature with rooting hands. He's face is just so haunting, and I think I've never seen anything more creepy in a game than this fella. When you beat this boss it really feels like you're locked in to you own grave, its so well made. Its quite strange how the creators of Ocarina of time were so child friendly all the game to this point of the game, it really comes as an surprize.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I need to say, Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple were creepy. I also need to get off my chest that I didn't play OoT for a good year or so because I was scared by the Wallmasters in the Forest Temple. Yeah, embarrassing, I know. But looking back, I was REALLY creeped out when Kotake and Komue or whatever their names were Gerudoknapped Nabooru and brainwashed her. I'm sorry, but I'm creeped out to death by hypnotism and brainwashing. I can completely understand why Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple were creepy, though. I was creeped out when the giant green bubble came from around a corner and charged me. (Ugh.... I can't believe I almost wrote giant green SKULLTULA. I'm losing my Zelda edge.)

Ganondork

goo
Under the Well, definately. Nothing made me more scared than when I was out of Lon Lon Milk while a Redead angrily bit at my skull. I remember turning off my wii (I was playing the collector's edition) hugging my knees muttering under my breath "Why won't they die?" And of course, poor Link was too small and weak to hold the biggoron sword so the Redeads were only about 4x as annoying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom