• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pet Peeves

Austin

Austin
Here's another one that I can't stand, and I don't mean to offend anybody, I'm sorry if I do. People who smoke. I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke and every time I walk near any one who is smoking a cigarette, I will immediately hold my breathe until I am a safe distance away, so that I don't breathe in any of the smoke.

Ah, worse than that, people who smoke and don't shower. Especially if it's pot, the smell just sticks on them. I had this misfortune of sitting next to one such person a few weeks ago. I actually left the room and vomited.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
There are Many things that annoy me. Some are already said but I'll say it anyway:

1. "Repetition" I don't like to repeat myself much, sure saying it again to remind a person if fine, but saying it more than 5 times is getting on the nerves. It's like listening to a broken record player that plays the same tune over and over. -__-'

2. "Know-it-all" Attitude. It annoys me for someone who talks about a subject that they are good at and brags them to everyone just to get attention or when a person talks about a subject but that person doesn't even know what he's talking about. I mean it's kinda a bit of a "douche". It gets on the nerves when they do this, a LOT. Enough said. Talking and sharing an idea is fine, but bragging about the idea to an extent just to impress or to make the listeners stand in awe is a different story.

3. "Fat Jokes". I'm fat, I admit that. Yes i can take jokes, even Fat jokes. I laugh and have fun, but it gets annoying or on the nerves when a fat joke goes to far. A joke concerning about a fat guy going to church to pray being called as a "Fat *******" is one example. Don't ask how it goes.

4. "Sisters". Sisters are sweet and kind to their siblings, but sometimes that sweetness can be......annoying. An instance is when I have had my fun, or when it's time to be serious, they still act sweet and goes "Your my Cute Brother!" (My sisters treat me like a child. Meh, Sisters will be sisters. Though I don't know why would they treat you like this..)

That's all i can think off.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Here are the things that just enrage me:

Newbies- Only the kind that believe that they are hardcore at everything but they barely know anything about it.

Whenever people confuse US Wrestling with the WWE crap and/or call it "Gay."

Whanabes- There's alot and I do mean A LOT of Emo and Gangster whanabes arounfd here, the problem is that thesee emo whanbes just dress in black and listen to Linking Park all day because it's cool to them, they don't cut themselves or have really long hair and tight pants or anything, they just sit there and act like little girls all day(Well, at least they got that right...) and the gangster whanabes are just MILES away to be REAL gangtas.

Fanboys- Do I even have to explain why?

Whenver people can't get the "FUN" song right, what?

And there are lots and lots, but hell, it take me all day...

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
When People wake me up when they shouldn't which is on the weekends and stuff like that.
When people move certain objects around in my room or take them without asking first (doesn't happen often but for some reason it causes me more stress than it should).
and when someone thinks they have to teach you some "very important" lesson when they are the last person you want to learn something from. That really tics me off!

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
This may sound rude, but I can't stand it when people complain, especially about life. There are so many people at my school who say how horrible their lives are, either it be breaking up with someone or if they just can't buy something that they really want. I understand that they're sad about it but they don't have to keep going on and on about it. It's annoying.

Some of you have mentioned this one: People who overuse the word "like." I mean, I'll use "like" a lot, but I don't do it to where it distorts the sentence. There are a few people at school who will talk like "Oh, he is like, so hot. I like, love him! Do you like, know what I mean?" I don't mean to sound offensive to anyone who does speak like that. It just bugs me. =<

Here's a big pet peeve: People say they love each other after they just start dating, or if they just see a hot guy/girl. There are too many people around here who say that they love each other. There's a new guy at school, and everyone's saying how hot he is and how they just love him. It's sickening to see the word "love" like that. It's as if love has lost its meaning.

I'll name one more, and it's just a small one: Chewing with your mouth open. I can't stand it! >_< I don't want to see your chewed up food in your mouth, and I defiantly don't want to listen to you chew. It's so gross.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I'll name one more, and it's just a small one: Chewing with your mouth open. I can't stand it! >_< I don't want to see your chewed up food in your mouth, and I defiantly don't want to listen to you chew. It's so gross.
Oh god, this guy I know does that... sloooooowly, so you can see EVERYTHING. His tongue even sticks out a little when he does it. And the smacking sound... aaagh, it's SO disgusting. This is definitely a pet peeve of mine as well. *shudder*

Kazumi

chagy
A couple of things:

People who still refuse to say a word properly or generally correct a spelling/grammar/pronunciation mistake after I have corrected them.

People who type agonizingly slowly.

People who continually ask me for something even after I have told them no/later.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
My biggest pet peeve is when you say something from a show and other people think you watch way too much TV.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
-Bad grammar
-Overuse of the word 'Like'
-People who do their own piercings or get really crappy tattoos because they haven't done their research
-Girls who talk in a high-pitched "cute voice" IT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A 3 YEAR OLD! (unfortunately this applies to a few of my friends...)
-People who ditch you/leave you hanging on plans and only apologize and tell you they couldn't make it when you contact them.
-People who dislike cats with the reasoning that "all cats are mean"
-Ambiguous and artificial romantic statuses on Facebook.
-Being looked down upon for being a die hard Nintendo fan and disliking first-person shooters.
-People who randomly break out into song and repeat the same lyric over and over again.

There's much more, but these are the most prominent

Hazel

A Frog
Me. Nº1: Smoking. People who smoke are gross, no offence intended.

Nº2: Chewing with mouth open.

Nº3: How the French go on strike every two weeks.

Nº4: The Organization of my School, which don't even have a gymnasium.

Austin

Austin
(Yes, I know this is the third or fourth time I've replied to this thread. I'm easily annoyed.)

People who blindy follow stereotypes even if they have zero experience with the sterotype in question. The next time you see someone say that Bush is stupid, ask them if they know any elements of his administration's foreign policy. If there answer is anything other than "it was stupid!", you have some idea of what I mean. Having opinions is fine, as long as you actually have some inkling of what you're talking about.

1. Sound of styrofoam.
2. Fanboys
3. Xbox 360's Red Ring Of Death
4. People who think Pokemon is for kids
5. Everything That has to do with Justin Bieber

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Nº3: How the French go on strike every two weeks.

I actually find it quite cool that you in France protest against things you don't like - that's the way of interpreting democracy I wish we'd also have here. We Germans just accept everything the government or corporations tell us or do. They could raise the weekly working time to 50 hours and the retirement age to 75 while lowering wages 30% - and noone would give a ****, everyone would just somehow accept it...

I know it's already like the 4th time I've posted here, but another thing I really strongly hate is the over-usage of movie quotations especially on the internet.
OK, I'm somehow biased against it because I almost don't watch any movies (2-3/decade) and I stopped watching TV almost 3 years ago, it were those stupid ringtone ads which gave me the rest, and ads generally - there's like 20 min normal program and then 10 min ads and with time they've gradually become worse, my brain couldn't take that anymore. I can't understand how large companies spend thousands of € per second and then produce such awful commercials which turn everyone with an IQ above 50 rather away from the advertised product instead of attracting to it.
Yes, I honestly don't know the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. But what I know is when someone is trying to be funny by using stupid "The Force" etc. babble on totally unrelated topics it makes me want to punch that person right into the face, sorry. The only thing I hate more than that are those brainless "This is Sparta" interjections - usually in ALL CAPS and with at least 4 exclamation marks - if a thing/person/group A is overwhelming a thing/person/group B. People, it's not funny, not cool and above all, it's not original, get it? Make up your own idioms and don't copy them from crappy movies so that more than the 0.01% that have read the entry/post/comment and watched the movie get them! [/ends rant]

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
-Bad grammar
-Overuse of the word 'Like'
-Girls who talk in a high-pitched "cute voice" IT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A 3 YEAR OLD! (unfortunately this applies to a few of my friends...)
I say like a lot. Like every couple of words. (Example: "Like, omgah, this is totally the most awesome thing like... everrrr!" is something I would say. It's something that pretty much every girl I know back in CA would talk like. I love annoying people who aren't used to it. XD

I also have a very high-pitched voice, compliments of a body that refuses to put out hormone levels and give me the voice of a normal girl my age. -_- Yeah, it makes me sound like a kid- people on the phone ask "Is your mommy home?" 'cause I sound little. Sometimes if I answer the phone at work and the customer gets frustrated, they'll ask to "speak with an adult". Just consider that some girls' voices are high because that's how they are.

People who blindy follow stereotypes even if they have zero experience with the sterotype in question. The next time you see someone say that Bush is stupid, ask them if they know any elements of his administration's foreign policy. If there answer is anything other than "it was stupid!", you have some idea of what I mean. Having opinions is fine, as long as you actually have some inkling of what you're talking about.
I freakin' love you. I've been in that (and other similar) situation before, and people don't really have any reason for their opinion other than they're following the crowd.

A

Alpha Matt

My biggest pet peeve is when people try gettign deep in a conversation that they don't even under stand

EX: a non hacker talking with people about how to hack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom