• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pet Peeves

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
When people do not have any respect for either Japanese or american animation.

On one fricken side we have Americans who think anime is drawn weird, there is nothing but fighting and breasts. The main character is a incompetent idiot and, my favorite, the eyes look stupid. Excuse me American fanboys but that is a style in Japan that was inspired by our fricken cartoons. These people are just following the art style they find to be appropriate for them.

But don't think Anime fanboys get off the hook. They hate american animation simply because it doesn't seem to get more mature than anime and sometimes I'll admit that, that could be true however, we are trapped by cliches of good vs. evil, much like how anime is stuffed with a lot of cliches. We do try to be mature with our themes, but sometimes we try to be more subtle with it because, like Japan, we have a censorship system. Anime fans also think our shows are stupid these days when in truth, animation on TV could be reaching it's next silver age as new shows have given a lot of promise. Just give them a try anime fanboys.

*Sigh* No one will probably listen to this, but please try to understand that Japanese and American animation both have their ups and downsides, it's that both sides tend to be so biased that they ignore that.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
1. My pet peeve is when you are typing a post and the browser suddenly quits on you, causing you to lose it all. Yup, that just happened.

2. When I have to watch someone else try to figure out how to use a computer program instead of sitting down to do it myself.

3. Dogs that bark at everything, including a clock's chiming of the hour (they think it's the doorbell.)

4. My neverending problems with my teeth, and the fact that my new insurance doesn't accept my family dentist.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
You know, I have a pet peeve that has been bugging me more and more lately:

When parents buy M-rated games for their very young kids and have poor excuses. Parents will buy their 7-year-olds Grand Theft Auto or God of War III. I'll tell them, "So you're aware, this game is rated Mature for: (drugs, sexual content, etc. etc.)," and they will respond with, "He'll learn about it anyway" or "His friend has it, so it should be okay."

WTF kind of neglectful parenting is this?! Aaaaugh it burns me up. Your 2nd grader doesn't need to be watching sexual scenes or drug references. OLDER kids can tell the difference between reality and games, but these tiny tots watch this stuff and think its cool so they want to do the same thing.

You wanna buy that stuff for your teenager? Fine, whatever. They're probably capable of knowing what is right and wrong. But jeez, parents need to stop letting their tiny little children play this stuff.

And you know what, it's not even the fact that they allow this that makes it a pet peeve. If you're okay with your kid playing that, fine, whatever. My pet peeves are the excuses they come up with for allowing it. Letting your kid do something because other kids are is not good parenting.

Gotta agree, Zeruda. My mother would've died before she let us do ANYTHING just because "the other kids did." Bad parenting is one of my biggest pet peeves. People will turn around and say I have no right to talk, because I'm not a parent - but don't I HAVE parents? I can identify a good parent and a bad parent - the difference is huge.

Another of my major pet peeves is snottiness, or people who are stuck on themselves and feel they're better than others. I also hate phony people - and God help me if I find a stuck up person who's good at faking nice. Ugh.

And you know what, it's not even the fact that they allow this that makes it a pet peeve. If you're okay with your kid playing that, fine, whatever. My pet peeves are the excuses they come up with for allowing it. Letting your kid do something because other kids are is not good parenting.
Now that you say that, it makes me wonder if my parents had to come up with any excuses when they bought me Perfect Dark for the N64 when I was like 5 or 6. Eh, by today's standards, Perfect Dark would probably just be rated T now. All it had was mild language and blood.

Okay, so I've found another pet peeve. Now I'm not an American patriot, but one of the things that really bother me is when the people in my class don't say the American Pledge of Allegiance. Everyday during second period at school, we have these morning announcements, and before they actually start, we have to stand up for the Pledge. I know the Pledge is said for them while they're standing, but they can at least say it as well.

Though right now I'm starting to think this only bothers me since I'm a military child, who knows? XD

Zant

Friend of The Kaleesh
In the Twilight Realm...In the Twilight Palace
A few of my pet peeves are:

1. People constantly snickering at you behind your back when you can obviously hear them.
I mean really, GET A LIFE! You don't have to pick on someone for something that doesn't even matter (Such as clothes, hair styles, shoes, etc..). It annoys me to death.
2. Weird people staring at you
It creeps me out when weird old hobos stare at me without cease. It's like they can penetrate your mind and see all of your thoughts!
3. Kids in green tunics
You know who I mean...:)
4. parents and siblings constantly coming into your room
Even if I put up signs that say, quite clearly "KNOCK FIRST" they still just waltz in and yap away about having to tidy your bed (personally, I just don't get the point of doing that. It's just going to get messed up again!) fold your clothes, take a shower, clean your room, etc, etc, etc.
5. Yappy sisters who also hit
ANNOYING! I hate it whan I'm just sitting there, doing nothing, and then a sibling comes up and WHAM! You have a giant bruise on your arm. Tjhen they falsely accuse you of hitting THEM and you get sent to your room for an hour. Little jerks.
6. Crosswalks
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people walk up to a crosswalk, wait THROUGH the green walking symbol, see the red hand sign, and start to walk when the cars are coming. Idiots!

I have a lot more but I'm done for now.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I just recently realized another pet peeve of mine: persistence in doing the wrong thing. No matter how many times you tell a person they're doing something wrong or incorrectly or just plain irritatingly and they never stop making that same mistake, often making the same mistake multiple times in a short time span or something, I can't stand it. It could even be a small thing, like apologizing too much even when I've told them they don't have to, little things like that irk me so badly for some odd incomprehensible reason. *sigh*

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I've got another - when people think that their kid is so adorable that you don't mind being a free baby-sitter. My aunt visited this weekend and her preschool grandkid latched onto me. The girl was really sweet, but I had other things to do on a Saturday night than try to entertain her for three hours. (And I wouldn't have even minded that night as much were it not for the fact that the same was expected any other time we were together that weekend.)

Of course, there was also a lack of enforced bedtime and optional naptime which contributed to other discipline issues, so that compounded things and is a peeve of its own...

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I hate it when there is an advert on TV that is really annoying! In England there is this stupid avert for washing powder called "Vanish" and in every advert there is some sort of over - exagerated situation like a little girl's dress with a tiny stain on or a boy's white shirt is turning grey and he can't go to his rugby match and their mum is like: "Oh no! You can't go to your party/match!"

And then there is this stupid music and this random lady walks in wearing pink with a bottle of "Vanish" and they always extend the names like: "New Vanish Oxi Action Crystal White Intelligent!!!"
And then a stupid demo and then a smiling kid and a mum saying something stupid about how amazing it is. SO ANNOYING.

I also hate it when I am at someone's house and their room is untidy I just want to clean it up for them!!!

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I have more to add to my list:

1~People who constantly act like there life sucks and that you should feel bad for them.

2~The sound that your finger nails make when you scratch them on a coat.

3~Alarm clocks and any sound similar to what they make.

4~When someone chews with their mouth open. (This one is minor.)

5~When people help me and I didn't ask for it.

6~Bratty kids.

7~Having to repeat myself.

8~People that act like their music, religion, movie, ect., is the only music, religion, movie, ect.

9~Being asked if I'm okay.

10~When someone bothers me about not smiling.

11~When someone disses a video game and they haven't even played it. I feel especially strong about Zelda when it comes to Zelda.

I think that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom