• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I finally remembered to look for Rube's role, out of all the games theres only one I think it can be (though could be wrong)

Though now that I look at it it says first town power role so maybe not
I don't understand the correlation between how he's playing and this role. Seems the role happens when it happens and he should just play as VT until it does?

funnier6

Courage~
I don't understand the correlation between how he's playing and this role. Seems the role happens when it happens and he should just play as VT until it does?
No relation to how he's playing I was just looking for a role that could potentially mechanically prove the user clear from the potential role list and thats what I came up with

His role and how he plays are correlated most of the time but I would bet a considerable amount of money that his play this game is a result of his mood and real life events

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
if he's scum he's probably breadcrumbing to set up a fakeclaim down the road and if he's town he probably has some reason to believe that lar is town.
Ok before I go

If he's town why not just believe his claim? Why would town SMS feel the need to say it's role related when it's not?

This comes off as you just trying to dismiss the notion as important when factoring in an SMS lynch and that comes of as disingenuous

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Wait I just had a fridge logic moment

Why would Rubik be that role if he thought he was clear after a 3rd party flip and then conclude he must of been roleblock and nor, you know, we lynched 3rd party

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Wait I just had a fridge logic moment

Why would Rubik be that role if he thought he was clear after a 3rd party flip and then conclude he must of been roleblock and nor, you know, we lynched 3rd party
Yeah the Recycler role doesn't really fit what Rubik is doing. I had that role in SS mafia and it only works on town lynches, of which there have not been any yet.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Ok before I go

If he's town why not just believe his claim? Why would town SMS feel the need to say it's role related when it's not?

This comes off as you just trying to dismiss the notion as important when factoring in an SMS lynch and that comes of as disingenuous

i would be believing him?

i have returned, but it is hot, so will it make it thru to page 81? a likely no. but i am a funnygurl, and funnygurls DON'T TRY FOR ****-- ok what am i doing

i have not exchanged a word with my roommate since last night. i am still ashamed. i slept for 12 hours after that dump y'all

funnier6

Courage~
nd funnier for putting Rubik, nega and SunFan on the scum list but voting Rag instead (i legit forgot you said at one point that rubik was scum, @funnier6, i'll have to go back and see what changed, and if it changed about the same time Rubik coulda turned into a wagon or not)
Those were all early gut, I just went back and looked and yeah. I pretty much always read him as guilty until proven innocent since he's extremely slick as scum. 9/10 you're just never going to have any sort of evidence against him because he likes to be so blasted reasonable. Anyway, he was there because I didnt like how all his posts were one liners talking about mechanics and basic mafia strategy instead of literally anything remotely helpful. That can be the preamble to my thought process on him.
What else here he thinks reactive play isn't scum play which is full of ewwww and and apparently is willing to look up past games to clear Ex which I doubted at the time and have lurkwarm feelings about right now.
Idk who this was talking about? I thought maybe you misgendered Jinjo but you gender her correctly in the next line so idk
I thought rube was being sarcastic there. It fit in very well with his overall derp.

I'm probably projecting myself though, because that's totally a move I would make. I like making fun of myself.
Yeah pretty sure hes being serious

i have returned with quotes

I'm doubling down on my Jinjo vote. At the time i voted her I felt like she had been playing reactively and not posting much, primarily just responding to things that were easy to respond to and commenting on the few players here she was presumably familiar with. This is a natural reaction for a player who is thrown into an unfamiliar fast moving meta with a lot of unfamiliar players. In response to my attack (and others questioning her absence) however, she didn't defend herself by saying this, and instead just dropped a truckload of half-assed reads on the table.

I feel like avoiding the topic of having trouble interfacing with the game in response to being attacked suggests that she was afraid that it would look bad on her to say that, which I think is something scum would more likely worry about in her position than town would.

For this reason, Jinjo is my top suspect today, and I'd like to see her lynched.

i think this is actually a pretty good case. do i agree with it? at this point, no. jinjo's post was safe imo but not necessarily scummy.

He could also just be town.

I'd rather lynch a lurker than sun today.

knowing sunfan's alignment, this looks pretty good on rubik. i mean i guess wolves could try to protect town but rubik wants to save sunfan and make a pro-town move which is cool

I don't know if it's pressure or what, but Ex is a bad wagon and I still have a town read on him. No idea what Sun is going for here but he seems to be playing flippantly in general and I'm not sure what to make of it.

same
I also feel like funnier is playing strangely this game. His question about Rubik's use of "tbh" seems weird and frivolous to me, especially given what else he could be commenting on. I might've missed it, but I don't think he's given a read list so far either.

oddly specific things to point out but i mean ok i guess it's fine? but at this point kirino just came back from an ABSENCE and points out two very specific things. it's like grasping for straws, you know?

not sure what roasters mean here

if you mean like the playerlist then uh
it's a pretty solid game, even the newbish ones have some experience
I already said I'm scumleaning johnny because I don't really like him throwing shade at everyone, and sun went from null to scumlean to me due to him just trying to save his ass without putting any effort and the weird wagonomics so I'd be fine with their lynch
iffy on DawningWind's and annoyed at Giri's inactivity

if you mean like aggressive players idk who you're considering a roaster

exlight died at night so i mean reads are always good to point out again.

SMS doesn't have very many posts, and his few posts lack much substance. His most contributory post came this morning, after he said he had caught up yet only provided reads on 4 people, and they aren't even reads that are all that original. I realize he had to go to work but I don't really see why he couldn't take an extra minute or two even to give some barebones thoughts on other players.

I'm also a bit confused about the Unvote and subsequent Revote on Sun. SMS seemed pretty suspicious of Sun this morning when he initially placed his vote, then removed it for ??? just to put it back again on the same player. It just seems like a weird series of events, and if he's going to respond to that particular SunFan post, it means he's reading and almost caught up and yet still hasn't given anything else other than just basic thoughts on a small handful of players. This ISO is scummy to me.

@Spiritual Mask Salesman now that you're home from work can you give some more thoughts pls.

this was such a hella town post and also a solid case against sms that people slept on. really?

alright, pack it up
jinjo's town

jinjo made a post that i forgot to quote that was HELLA pro-town. idk why i quoted sunfan instead but i agree with sunfan. jinjo-- A TOWN.

Returning to this, I don't like Minish's suspicion on me here. I feel like she should know this behavior is typical of me, and the fact that she didn't respond to two refutations of it (from myself and funnier) indicates that her read is somewhat artificial. Aside from this, she hasn't focused on giving reads much in general, which I would expect more of if she were town, and instead has spent most of the game going back and forth regarding Sun.

Unvote

Vote: Minish

Can you explain your other reads, or do you have any new ones?

I have town reads on Ex, Lar, Tristan, and Johnny (in order from strongest to weakest, probably), and a scum read on Minish. I also have a slight scum read on Jinjo, since I agree with the points Rag made: in particular, that long post she made came off as somewhat performative to me. Rubik hasn't been contributing much, but I don't necessarily find it suspicious. Poy has been behaving in somewhat contradictory ways and I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think he might be a decent lynch target. Multiple other members have barely posted, and the rest I'd probably have to ISO to give a solid read on.

is anyone town reading kirino 'cause that minish case was WEAK and omgus-y

i'm back does anyone wanna talk i'm still lonely

or else i'll just go back into the void

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom