• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
you list the game's player roasters and state would you lynch them or not at this point. Please add as many reasons why or why not. Since it's d0 it doesnt matter how weak the reasons are (just like, don't pretend a weak reason os stronger then it is. ahem )
not sure what roasters mean here

if you mean like the playerlist then uh
it's a pretty solid game, even the newbish ones have some experience
I already said I'm scumleaning johnny because I don't really like him throwing shade at everyone, and sun went from null to scumlean to me due to him just trying to save his ass without putting any effort and the weird wagonomics so I'd be fine with their lynch
iffy on DawningWind's and annoyed at Giri's inactivity

if you mean like aggressive players idk who you're considering a roaster

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
funner6 - 2 (Morbid Minish, Killjoy)
The Sun Fan - 2 (ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Rubik - 1 (Giri)
Ragnarokio - 1 (funnier6)
Jinjo - 1 (Ragnarokio)
Poyzin - 2 (Kirino, Mellow Ezlo)
ExLight - 3 (MixMasterLar, naga10, The Sun Fan)
DekuNut - 1 (Rubik)

Not voting - Jinjo, DekuNut, DawningWinds, Johnny Sooshi, Poyzin

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, June 13th 2020 at 6:00 PM EST.

funnier6

Courage~
See, my point being, it wasn't difficult to write this, and I appreciate an answer. Sorry if I'm touching a nerve there.
It's okay, no big deal. It was rather difficult to write though
I personally still don't see it as a preemptive defense, but that's my take. However, this post has me more inclined to townread Minish. I don't see scum Minish reading this hard into a single point. It's just not like her to draw that much attention to it.
I can see scum Min getting hung up on something like"ohmigosh if I was town I'd be blowing up over this" and then being annoyed that the rest of the game isnt suitably distracted by it. Her attitude towards it is what I see as town Min.
Is DW new to Mafia in general or someone you or anyone else has played with on another site?
I've played with him before and quite a few people here are in a game with him atm.
because if there were a role that would explain his behaviour well and was also anti-town then it would act as evidence for him being anti-town which would be of benefit to the town

in general gaining information about scum/self roles is probably helpful for town
What role do you imagine would explain his behavior?
This is the part of the post I was talking about. It felt off to me. The way he talked about not minding lynching Poy in the absence of a better target because it wouldn't be a great loss didn't give me town Kirino vibes. Sounds like a kinda planting seeds for a Poy lynch and then brushing off responsibility.
I dont really agree, that seems like a rather normal Kirino thing to say. He could be scum trying to take advantage of Poy but I could easily see town Kirino saying that.
I kinda forgot all these people were in the game. Any of y'all wanna come in and give us something? Anything at all?
You ever notice when you're the one calling out inactives instead of being called out you're usually scum? :suspicious:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ex's overreaction was annoying but not anything I don't expect from him. I'm still townreading him and I'm not sure how i feel about SunSun hopping on that with no explanation. That vote kinda came out of nowhere with little/no explanation and just seems like a weird vote. I think he's 3p, but that doesn't mean he won't operate from his own agenda.

funnier6

Courage~
I know he's been busy with finals and such, and is prioritizing catching up in funnier's Bulba game over this one. Fair enough. I think I wouldn't mind this much if that was what he left us with, though. After the conversation about Waffle House began, he made not one, but three posts related to that discussion. He was not quoted or pinged or anything like that. This indicates he was present, and following the ongoing discussion, but only felt inclined to partake when it was irrelevant. It's a very minor point, but it makes me doubt the sincerity a little when he says he was catching up. It's also frustrating and a little annoying. Almost looks to me like an opportunistic way to inflate post count just a little bit without the immediate need to try and come up with something to add to the game relevant discussion.
As much as I'm already planning a mini rant about your play style, this is a really neat observation.
This is literally what Rubik did for pretty much the entire first day in Anime Mafia 2, Pen's last game, in which he was town
Idk how well you remember that game but Rubik was straight up terrifying, his energy was totally different, and he pretty much bounced off the walls. I dont really see how you can make that comparison.
Also I'm not sure if Pendio has anything in place to prevent this from happening but looking through the list it seems like certain roles might be both unique and easy to prove, which means it's gonna be really hard for scum unless pen picked enough ambiguous roles. Anime Mafia 1/2 both had some wild ones, at the very least
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say no

I would like to point out that scum could potentially learn who the other role is from their game by claim or death or power and then simply the most easily fakeable role from that game. But yeah dealing with the easily proven ones would be a pain.
I woke up an hour ago and I skimmed the thread fast. I have been dealing with family problems lately and I have been really disengaged yesterday.

I'm town reading ExLight and Rubik. ExLight's vote on SunFan comes off as too scummy to be scum and his paranoia on players reminds me of his town games I have played with him. From what I remember about scum ExLight is he is very manipulative and I'm not seeing him doing it here. Rubik has way too many posts to the point when I had to iso him. Rubik recklessly voting ExLight and that unvote on ExLight when he pinkie swear looked like town who wanted to believe in ExLight. His post on 348 looks very interesting. What stood out to me was he said he wanted his opinion to be voiced and I like that since town should never be afraid to voice their opinion and they should always give out their thoughts before they die. By the way Rubik, I checked two of ExLight's scum games on bulba and I didn't see him saying pinkie swear.

I am not liking how Sunfan is saying Rubik is scum without providing a reason why. Later on he said Rubik's posts were cardboard and I still didn't understand on what he meant by that. Poyzin not wanting to read the thread is not looking good since town should always read through the thread and develop reads. What kind of play is Poyzin doing? I'm torn on Poyzin since I would expect better play from him and I'm starting to wonder if this is a disengaged town who doesn't care he gets lynched or is this a new scum play he is doing? I remember on bulba scum Poyzin actually put more effort in the game. Ragnarakio is suspicious since I don't understand their play. Why vote SunFan and then all of a sudden switch to ExLight asking him a question and then switch to me. There is no flow in Ragnarakio's play. I have also been concerned about Dawning since I remember town Dawning always gives their thoughts out and he is not doing this here. Did Dawning finally role mafia for the first time?

There are major inactivity from these players and I'm having a hard time on reading them which are naga, Kirino, Giri, SMS, DekuNut.
Is there any way you could humor me and switch back to your (I almost said Jinjo) Mewtwo avatar? Your tone sounds super off to me but I cant tell if its just the cheery Oshawott throwing me off

funnier6

Courage~
I mean, I think he'll eventually lie using it when the time comes, but I think it adds some legitimacy to his words.
Probably very soon considering this has just come to light
So, conclusion?
Okay here's a prime example of things you do that drive me insane. Conclusion???? Idk man you're the one typing it you tell me! Why must you wait until you're reading people to randomly catch stage fright and forget your lines?? I legit bashed my head into my pillows for an unreal period of time after reading this.

/tableflip

Mkay that concludes that rant
While her play is noticeably different from the last two games, her posts at face value are still scummy to me, and anybody who knows me well knows that's more important to me than how someone acts in a previous game
One of the world's greatest unsolved mysteries

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote: funnier

funnier smell, therefore funnier is always a good first vote ;)
@funnier6 explain to me why you dislike Rube again?
I'm caught up, massive townie vibes from Laur and Min so far. I think the confliction between Rubik and Sun and Laur all being at odds is pretty interesting, and since I'm town reading Laur I'm thinking he's onto something between Sun and Rubik. Here's the think though, iirc Sun voted Rubik and is apparently tunneling Rube. Out of these two, I find that the more scummy behaviour, so I'll vote there.

Vote: Sunfan
I can go more in depth after work
Unvote

I thought I did this earlier.
Actually I'm not getting Ex scum vibes, this kind of sucks because I was town reading Laur only hours ago, now I'm not sure anymore. I need to look back and see how he went from Sun/Rube to Exlight.
Dude... you don't know why, but you are going to vote Ex anyway. How does that make sense, lol.

Vote: Sun
SMS doesn't have very many posts, and his few posts lack much substance. His most contributory post came this morning, after he said he had caught up yet only provided reads on 4 people, and they aren't even reads that are all that original. I realize he had to go to work but I don't really see why he couldn't take an extra minute or two even to give some barebones thoughts on other players.

I'm also a bit confused about the Unvote and subsequent Revote on Sun. SMS seemed pretty suspicious of Sun this morning when he initially placed his vote, then removed it for ??? just to put it back again on the same player. It just seems like a weird series of events, and if he's going to respond to that particular SunFan post, it means he's reading and almost caught up and yet still hasn't given anything else other than just basic thoughts on a small handful of players. This ISO is scummy to me.

@Spiritual Mask Salesman now that you're home from work can you give some more thoughts pls.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Okay here's a prime example of things you do that drive me insane. Conclusion???? Idk man you're the one typing it you tell me! Why must you wait until you're reading people to randomly catch stage fright and forget your lines?? I legit bashed my head into my pillows for an unreal period of time after reading this.

/tableflip

Mkay that concludes that rant

freshouttahecks.png

One of the world's greatest unsolved mysteries

freshouttahecks.png

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Why does that drive you insane? He posted his conclusion right after that. It's just a segue from the ISO into his thoughts on it.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
What role do you imagine would explain his behavior?

none of the ones on the list he claimed to have a role on. I think he's probably just playing in an unhinged way because he's self-aligned, probably.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
SMS doesn't have very many posts, and his few posts lack much substance. His most contributory post came this morning, after he said he had caught up yet only provided reads on 4 people, and they aren't even reads that are all that original. I realize he had to go to work but I don't really see why he couldn't take an extra minute or two even to give some barebones thoughts on other players.

I'm also a bit confused about the Unvote and subsequent Revote on Sun. SMS seemed pretty suspicious of Sun this morning when he initially placed his vote, then removed it for ??? just to put it back again on the same player. It just seems like a weird series of events, and if he's going to respond to that particular SunFan post, it means he's reading and almost caught up and yet still hasn't given anything else other than just basic thoughts on a small handful of players. This ISO is scummy to me.

@Spiritual Mask Salesman now that you're home from work can you give some more thoughts pls.
I forgot to unvote funnier, if you look back even though I voted sun it didn't count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom