• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I still support an SMS lynch. Even if he isn't scum, his death will be high-information and he's fairly inactive.

I just ISO'd Jinjo. Her original argument for a Rag/funnier scum team was a bit crackpot, but made some sense (although the argument she made just now is actually different, and makes less sense imo). She then proceeded to completely tunnel on Rag in particular and gave some weird justifications for it, like arguing that she couldn't have possibly missed funnier's vote given all the vote counts by Pendio, when I, at least, usually skip them anyway. She conceded that she was focusing on them too much, then continued to do so anyway, even grounding her analysis of other players on the assumption that Rag is scum.

Basically, she's far too confident in her scum reads given the evidence and has focused on almost nothing else. I don't know anything about her meta, and this could just be paranoia from her, especially since both her suspicions are largely OMGUS. But I'm inclined to scum read it, especially since people are saying this isn't her town play.

is anyone town reading kirino 'cause that minish case was WEAK and omgus-y
i'm townreading kirino
I'm also town reading Kirino.

killjoy's eod is suspect

I'm gonna settle on Sun fan. I feel he's playing offensive defense. From what I've read a few pages back, can't remember the quote and which page exactly, but I'm positive it was Rag, I'm not too certain Sun's going to lean with town in the long run. especially after his outburst, I think he's def going to go scum side.

Unvote

Vote: Sunfan

he placed his vote on sunfan when sms's wagon was gaining traction. and at that moment you guys really did have a better option than sunfan, and sunfan gave his word to do something that was pro-town

With what, nearly 30ish minutes left and the amount of people that went after him today, do you really think Sunfan would really be willing to try and help town? I could tell by his tone he was, "mad" is an understatement. Yes he could 'just tell Pen sama"I'm done hand my spot over to silverfish.'" But this late in D0, I find it pointless.

What's more, didn't y'all say it was odd for him to say:

then dismiss it? Now he's throwing a tantrum because he's going to get lynched?

Yes I understand his anger, I'd be irate if I were the first to get hit. But I wouldn't be all "I hope no one wins!" (yes I'm paraphrasing.

what's even more damning though is killjoy's sudden boost in confidence when honing in on a not-scum lynch. for the whole phase, he kept yapping about how much of a newbie he is.

no offense y'all but i ain't reading this phase. first of all i read part of it already, so it's whatever

so i'm present.

town: lar, minish, johnny, jinjo

null: funnier, kirino, ragnarokio

scum: sms, killjoy

not everyone in the game, but a good start

funnier6

Courage~
Mkay I’ve had a post under construction for the last two hours trying to explain to Lar why I’m town reading Rube but I took forever to eat dinner and then I had to endgame the game I was hosting and chat with everyone in dead chat forever so I’m going to take a shower and try to finish it after

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 3 (Ragnarokio, Kirino, Funnygurl555)
DekuNut - 1 (Mellow Ezlo)
Ragnarokio - 3 (Morbid Minish, Jinjo, Rubik)
Rubik - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)
Jinjo - 1 (funnier6)
Poyzin - 2 (CynicalSquid, MixMasterLar)

Not voting - Spiritual Mask Salesman, DekuNut, Poyzin, Silverfish

Extension - 1 (Rubik)

With 15 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Wednesday, June 17th 2020 at 7:00 PM EST.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Mellow Ezlo - I actually really like his D1 content and I was Town leaning him at one point. I still feel like his effort is from a Townie place, but apparently he really likes being scum too, though I haven't seen scum Mez play in awhile and I want to say the last time you could kind of tell he was CWAC. I feel like I have to demote him to a null read because of his use of meta this game, which isn't typical of him, and I'm finding it odd coming from him.

Rubik - He admitted he hasn't been into the game since he came back from his trip, and I want to believe that. Here's the thing though, a few pages back he said he felt like he was actually playing before he went on the trip. I'm sorry but Rube, you have hundteds of posts and your footprint in the game is just that you were here, you posted some stuff, but none of it has really been too helpful, lol. Like I get I've been inactive in all but at least I don't have hundreds of posts of just nothing. I have to scum lean Rube over this. Now, I know he said something about he should have been clear today, maybe he softed and I missed it? Idk.

Funnygurl - I honestly need to ISO her last I remember she was still trying to catch up. I noticed she also voted me because Rag brought up the meta thing about me not posting much as scum. But uh, I'm actually making a somewhat in depth reads list, barring a ton of multiquotes and stuff. I probably wouldn't do this as scum I'd probably be like, here guys here is a color coated reads list with no thoughts to go with it because I'm that lazy as scum. Granted, I could be that lazy as Town too depending on circumstances maybe. Also her mention of the Bulba hydra game is inaccurate, I was actually somewhat active that game, the only reason I was lynched was because me and Zinn kept contradicting each other in the game thread. I think she needs to re-evaluate her vote on me. I'm going to simply null read her though.

Minish - Disregarding her being part the last minute D1 wagon on me, her contributions have been in line with what I expect from her Town play. She seems to be scum hunting, she's leaning Town atm.

Funnier - Scum hunting, check. Pushed a ton of people, check. His D1 insanity didn't feel fake, as I mentioned before. Minish brought up he has faked his town paranoia as scum before, but I think the key difference is scum funnier usually does some completely insane on D1 as scum, usually having a need to soft or claim immedietly, usually third party, lol. He's a town read.

Kirino - I remember he pushed Minish D1 and immedietly backed off once confronted on it, and I feel like Town Kirino would commit instead of backing dow if he really believed the push was worthwhile. He's kind of tunneled on me lately and ngl I just hate how everyone voting me is doing so due to a meta read that isn't even true in this case. It's also pretty easy, I feel like he has to be scum, that or he is just town but completely wrong.

Jinjo - Tbh I don't remember much from her so I'll ISO her in another post. Off the top of my head, I remember she was voting Rag D1 and I think today too iirc. Anyway I do think Rag looks scummy for sheeping people in a matter she doesn't know much about (resigning me as scum because I haven't posted as much as might be expected). So with that I'm giving Jinjo a weak town lean.

Cynicalsquid - His best post was his reads list, even I don't agree with all of the content in it. I think voting Poy over anyone else atm is a pretty easy route. I also really dislike that he seems to want to vote me but is sticking on Poy instead... why? Is he trying to stay off it for a reason? I kind of feel like he's leaning scum.

@DekuNut - He should sub out, get modkilled, or be priority lynched because idk if we're ever getting much out of him, this is the realization I've come to. It's unfortunate, but ya. I still think he's just null but that's the problem, he's just going to stay null. Eventually I'd crack in future days and just say the inactivity is anti-town. See the terrible thing is Deku literally ditches games regardless of his alignment, so he's always a toss up. I think I'm fine giving him one more day though.

@Poyzin - I don't like him asking for funnier's reads, it's a weak re-introduction into the game. The thing is, I could see Poy doing this as town and maybe only as town, lol. He's a null read, I want to see more from him.

Rag - As mentioned already I think she could be doing more rather than tunneling on me based on a meta read that seems true, but isn't in this case. Everyone has some cold starts to games and this is just one of those instances from me.

Johnny - He hasn't posted a lot, but what he has posted is pretty good content, so I'm inclined to town read him atm.

Silver - I need to ISO him in another post, I'm not the best at reading him honestly. I feel like I pretty much always scum read him at some point in games so that's why I need to kind of focus in on him in particular and I just hope he hasn't done any of that weird stuff where he contradicts himself in the same post.

Lar - locked town

I feel like the only game i can remember you being in scum in was MSP3 and in that one you probably fakeclaimed on day 2 (admittedly it was funnier who prompted you to do so, iirc).

If anyone who knows your meta better than i do can confirm that its very rare for you to breadcrumb in this way as scum and comparatively common as town then I'll believe it, and may or may not look to pursue a different case, primarily based on how much time is left and whether or not i think splitting the wagon further will result in my being lynched.
The only reason I fakedclsimed in MSP3 was because funnier pushed me too, plus iirc someone suggested we all should mass claim so my hand was forced.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Mellow Ezlo - I actually really like his D1 content and I was Town leaning him at one point. I still feel like his effort is from a Townie place, but apparently he really likes being scum too, though I haven't seen scum Mez play in awhile and I want to say the last time you could kind of tell he was CWAC. I feel like I have to demote him to a null read because of his use of meta this game, which isn't typical of him, and I'm finding it odd coming from him.
Ugh you keep going back to "Tristan's use of meta is unusual" without actually pointing out a single instance this entire game in which my reads were based on meta. Spoiler alert: not a single one of them has been. You're literally making that up and it's annoying the crap out of me.

Additionally, I have never once said meta was useless and have always acknowledged the value in it. I use meta to an extent to support my reads, but it's never the basis, and I can guarantee I've used meta less in this game than most other ones I've played.

Find a different argument that's actually true because I'm getting real tired of fighting this blatantly incorrect one.

Sorry to overreact but seriously, you keep saying this and I provided evidence to disprove it and which you didn't bother to respond to.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ugh you keep going back to "Tristan's use of meta is unusual" without actually pointing out a single instance this entire game in which my reads were based on meta. Spoiler alert: not a single one of them has been. You're literally making that up and it's annoying the crap out of me.
I already addressed that your read of me D1 was implicitly meta, you msy not have said it, but it was clesrly the underlying factor in your reasoning for suspecting me. You can deny it all you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom