• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Character?

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Fi from Skyward Sword. There has never been a time in a Zelda game where I dreaded picking up items. After her explaining what an amber relic is 37 times, it gets pretty annoying and old. All Nintendo had to do was let you pause and read a description of it; not have an annoying sidekick that won't shut up.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I absolutely hated Ilia. She was the most forced "love interest" I've ever seen in a Zelda game. Her personality is pretty annoying, too. She's not cute.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For me, it's a toss up between three Skyward Sword characters (lol as if you had to guess): Demise, Ghirahim and Zelda.

I would need to borrow Thareous for about three hours so I could use the proper words that mark my disappointment in both Demise and Ghirahim. When I was hyped up for some "new" villains, I basically got watered down versions of Twilight Princess' same villain set, as well as particularly worse looking in my opinion. Ghirahim really tried too hard to be the main villain, and Demise was too much of a denouement--not a climax--to even be considered THE final boss imo. Ghirahim started off on a good foot but somehow ended himself as soon as he was revealed, and the same applies to Demise...minus starting off ona good foot. These two goons are just unworthy of being in a Legend of Zelda title, cameo or otherwise.

SS Zelda is totally different. As you can read here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f9/zelda-crystal-scene-tearjerker-perhaps-not-37665.html I have a particular hatred of SS Zelda. She is stuck in such a conundrum and can't even shake herself out of it, and it disgusts me to see a bright and beaming girl at the start of SS knowing that side of the character never buds itself ever again, not even at the end of the game.

So yeah, those three are my least favorite (all tied).

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Really Ghirahim? I thought Ghiriham was a way better character then Zant, way more entertaining, interesting, and much more... fabulous!
Ghirahim had much thicker backstory and was a much more relevant plot tool/character than Zant. But that's just me.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Link, C'mon why can't you talk by now? Plus you are terrible at saying no.
You let people walk all over you, and you can't stop villains until it's almost too late.
It's time to learn from your previous incarnations buddy...

Joking aside...
I think my least favorite character is Tingle, I just find him too bizarre for my taste.

The least favorite character for me would have to be the postman. Even though he isn't a major character he still annoys me. Especially in Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass.

Really? I love the Post man, in all incarnations.

For me, it'd have to be a close one between Kaepora Gaepora and Rauruu(yes, both of them, in that order)because they were useless and had no back story at all. I mean, hey, an owl comes out of the sky, talks your tiny Kokiri ear off, and then when you wake up seven years later, poof! He was a Sage all along. Quaint. They're just utterly useless, and they had no reason to be there except tom make curiosity kill the hero by keeping me away from the Great Fairy and telling me that I had been asleep for a while. Sheik could have told me that. I'm cool with six sages.

You know who else I hated? Linebeck III. The original Linebeck was amazing, at the end, but his grandson sucked. No identity, wasted rupees, and was only existent to do something that was pretty much unnecessary and irrelevant. I mean, hello, it's the spirit Train. THE Spirit Train. **** your Golden train.

Other than that(and Ruto, see above), I kinda got attached to everybody but Ciela. I didn't hate her, she was just not dynamic enough for a character who undergoes such a huge discovery.

Ooccoo. I mean what is that thing? A chicken with a (very nasty) human face? She's so...ewwww! Ooccoo Jr. is even worse, btw. A disembodied head with wings...And yes, The City in The Sky is pure horror for me :sick:

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
What backstory? He was created to bring back Demise and nothing else. It's about as thick as Fi's.

I guess backstory was the wrong term to use but... his character development was much better then Zant's, you are constantly bumping into Ghiriham and get rant's in which you see more of his personality,? I don't quite how to word this whole thing, overall though Ghirahim had much better character devolpment, and Demise unlike like Ganondorf is actually referenced throughout the game, so you know the entire time, there's something way more dangerous out there so... yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom