• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Harness the Power of Any Playable Song in the Franchise...

A lot of people are saying The Song of Time to be able to go back and fix past mistakes. I think it's a blessing to only live once. Sitting through unpleasant feelings and learning from slip-ups is what makes us strong and drives us to be the best versions of ourselves we can be.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
A lot of people are saying The Song of Time to be able to go back and fix past mistakes. I think it's a blessing to only live once. Sitting through unpleasant feelings and learning from slip-ups is what makes us strong and drives us to be the best versions of ourselves we can be.

That's pretty much why I didn't pick it. I'd use the Song of Time to try to "correct my mistakes" only to, well, never feel like I'd ever done a good enough job, or having to relive things, seeing them again, or I'd never get out of my little three-day time-loop because I'd be wallowing in regret. I ended up choosing a song that would be more practical for me, and keep me soaring forward. I think the Song of Time could really work out for some people, but with me, I'd just see me putting myself into an endless regret-loop.

That's pretty much why I didn't pick it. I'd use the Song of Time to try to "correct my mistakes" only to, well, never feel like I'd ever done a good enough job, or having to relive things, seeing them again, or I'd never get out of my little three-day time-loop because I'd be wallowing in regret. I ended up choosing a song that would be more practical for me, and keep me soaring forward. I think the Song of Time could really work out for some people, but with me, I'd just see me putting myself into an endless regret-loop.

Well said. :)

Well, I wouldn't necessarily harness the power, per se, but I certainly would love to create a musical ballad out of the Song of Storms. Hurricanes are optional, but not uninvited if summoned.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I'd definitely choose the Song of Soaring. Because of how much time and energy it takes to travel conventionally, I'm very interested in the idea of warping! I would love to never have to commute, for instance.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
hmm..... probably The Song of Time. In MM you get three songs in one, so I think that would be the best. I'd get the most for money (so to speak) :lol:
I'd like the ability for time around me to slow down, then jump ahead if I felt like it. ^^

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
There are too many from where to choose from. Song of Healing, because there are too many pained and troubled (both physically and mentally) people in this world. Song of Storms, because I love storms, rain, and water. Song of Time because I make mistakes I regret later, and would like to correct them. And many more. There are too many Zelda songs this world needs.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Definitely the Song of Time. Sure, with the inverted song of time you can live twice as long, but if you make a mistake you still have to live with that. There's so much that I wish I could go back and do over, and the Song of Time would allow me to do that. True, my life span might be a little shorter due to time compression, but it would have been a better-lived life.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
Song of time. I'm constantly making stupid mistakes I regret later, it would be nice to go back and make better choices.

This would only allow you to move strange blocks to convenient locations.

However I would like the song played on the whistle from the original Zelda. Tornado Travel!

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Hmm...this one's a hard decision to make.

But I think if I have to choose it would be the Song of Healing. With that song you could easily help someone (or maybe even yourself) feel better when they're having a problem. They'd be able to move past the bad feelings and realize that there are good things out there. And who knows this song could potentially heal some sickness or disease that your friends or family has that way there lives wouldn't be as bad. But then you'd practically have the cure-all for everything and then have everyone practically stalking you to heal them of something.... Maybe we'll just keep that last on a secret. Heheh... XD

But anyway, yes I think the Song of Healing would be my choice. :)

Hmm...this one's a hard decision to make.

But I think if I have to choose it would be the Song of Healing. With that song you could easily help someone (or maybe even yourself) feel better when they're having a problem. They'd be able to move past the bad feelings and realize that there are good things out there. And who knows this song could potentially heal some sickness or disease that your friends or family has that way there lives wouldn't be as bad. But then you'd practically have the cure-all for everything and then have everyone practically stalking you to heal them of something.... Maybe we'll just keep that last on a secret. Heheh... XD

But anyway, yes I think the Song of Healing would be my choice. :)
Not to mention, it would allow you to collect masks that could turn you into all the friends and family you heal. That would have to come in handy some day. :P

I think I'd pick the Song of Healing for similar reasons, although I would be finding sick animals and using it to approximate a shapeshifting talent as much as I'd use it to help people. :P I might pick the Song of Inverted Time for practical reasons, though. More time to do things. One or the other.

This would only allow you to move strange blocks to convenient locations.
The Song of Time can be used to travel back in time in Majora's Mask, and in that game, playing it backwards also slows time while playing each note twice skips forward in time. ;)

Song of soaring... Providing I don't need to hit owl statues with my sword, this thing would come in handy.
Just bring owl statues any place you want to be able to warp to later. :P

bunny

birb overlord
Probably the Song of Inverted Time. It'd be nice to have time go a little slower... I could spend more time on essays, drawings, playing video games, etc. It's a win win. xD

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Im gonna have to say Elegy of Emptiness, sometimes I wish I could make a fake me to stand in when I dont want to be somewhere. Then I can go do something I actually want to do, like cook or fix my truck... or other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom