• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

I think, if I read KoD's post right, that he acknowledges that it was an unvote. But was saying that Eli not liking DW's unvote of him cast suspicion on DW, and in turn would make KoD look more favorable to him. Though Eli does then go on to call it scum-theatering which would mean he didn't view KoD better because of it.

I do think the case on FG isn't too strong. The forgetting about the game point is the weakest to me. But I can at least see the thought process behind the other two points. Thinking that FG is going for the easy target of Ex so she doesn't have to put in any work and being hedgy on Fext so she could go back later and scum read him if more people start to. Those are both actually good scum reads, though personally I'm not sure if I see FG as scum yet since she has a lot to catch up on. And her post about Ex I do understand as someone coming into the game and just knowing that he was the other wagon that was saved yesterday.

The Eli case is stronger. Though you did point out something good. I don't think Eli was necessarily defending KoD and then swapping to scum reading him right after. However, I think KoD believes his read on Eli from a town viewpoint. It doesn't look like building a fake case to me, but rather something that KoD actually took the time to look into and make a progression read on. Though it's a bit weird that Fext also apparently saw it as Eli defending KoD to the point he commented on it before KoD did.

And yes I did read KoD's entire post. It was one of his better wallposts I've seen.

It's weird to see you and KoD at odds, but I think you're both town here. What's your read on KoD? Also, do you have any scum reads atm?

I bolded the unvote to emphasize how much of a misread calling that post a defense was. It speaks far more to fext than KoD, imo.

If FG wasn't a replacement I'd be right there with you. But replacements don't get treated like they've been here the whole game. It's poor form at the very least and low hanging fruit in most cases. It's not uncommon for a replacement to jump in and give a hot take on currently relevant topics with the understanding that the position is subject to change under a more scrutinizing eye as they review the thread. That isn't being hedgy, it's being realistic.

It's really not that uncommon. KoD knows I'll knock down his arguments if I think they are bad regardless of either of our prospective alignments. While I do think KoD has thrown up some bad arguments that I could see scum!KoD doing, I'm not quite feeling scum!KoD. Fext is probably my biggest scum lean currently. When you add up the pieces you have him touting rather unhelpful hider strat yesterday into massive vote hopping at EoD with a touch of him asserting that because he's town he doesn't have to care if he presents as Wolfy because lol? Nothing he's done this game has been overtly townie so I'm fine seeing him go over today.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
I bolded the unvote to emphasize how much of a misread calling that post a defense was. It speaks far more to fext than KoD, imo.

If FG wasn't a replacement I'd be right there with you. But replacements don't get treated like they've been here the whole game. It's poor form at the very least and low hanging fruit in most cases. It's not uncommon for a replacement to jump in and give a hot take on currently relevant topics with the understanding that the position is subject to change under a more scrutinizing eye as they review the thread. That isn't being hedgy, it's being realistic.

It's really not that uncommon. KoD knows I'll knock down his arguments if I think they are bad regardless of either of our prospective alignments. While I do think KoD has thrown up some bad arguments that I could see scum!KoD doing, I'm not quite feeling scum!KoD. Fext is probably my biggest scum lean currently. When you add up the pieces you have him touting rather unhelpful hider strat yesterday into massive vote hopping at EoD with a touch of him asserting that because he's town he doesn't have to care if he presents as Wolfy because lol? Nothing he's done this game has been overtly townie so I'm fine seeing him go over today.

Oh yeah, I basically have the same view of FG as you do. Might not have made that clear. I don't view her as scummy for those things because they make sense as someone who only has a small amount of info of the game state. Was just saying that I understand the viewpoint of those actions being scummy in general.

That makes sense. I was willing to give him the pass d1 because I thought his point about people being consistent about a town read on their hider targets came from a really town mindset. But in hindsight after thinking it over it could benefit scum as well to posit that idea so they can lock people into town reads on them or fake easy town reads on each other. It's hard to say though, because the idea did have very good points for keeping the hider hidden more.
Though it depends on when Fext thought that Kreaal was being obvious about being the hider because if he thought it was obvious then his idea didn't matter, except to gain town cred and possibly control reads.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@Fext I gather you were jumping around yesterday as much as you were because you thought it would generate information. Why did you ultimately decide on killjoy rather than exlight?

Sheeping KoD

who I'm not even sure I trust but I liked his response to me asking if he'd take responsibility

gosh dude would it kill you to be a bit more concise

over 100 posts and a non-significant portion of those are so long they make my eyes glaze over

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Sheeping KoD

who I'm not even sure I trust but I liked his response to me asking if he'd take responsibility

why did you think KoD wanted killjoy lynched?

Why he said

Dude was inactive in a way he found scummy

I did not find it scummy but I still decided to follow along because I don't trust myself

but yeah I think the pool I'm most interested in sorting through is Ex/KoD/DW/JD

and I currently plan to vote within those first two names

but KoD spent the entire EoD attempting to bury known villagers and despite the fact that he said he can't be held accountable for a miss, I believe it's in our best interests to hold him accountable for burying villagers

Ragnarokio

and you decided to sheep KoD because of this post?
Why would I agree to go over just because I could be wrong?

As it stands, I'm accurate in my assessment of KillJoy (or Kreaal) vs those that came up (Seanzie, Cin Min, Ex).

Or, to answer you in a more direct manner:

lol

also his Seanzie/DW TvS read evaporated into nothingness and I can't for the life of me find a reason why

which kinda makes me wonder if Eli is right and KoD is pushing him for being right

if so gj eli

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom