• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
what about that post made you think that KoD was more likely to be right than any of the other players in the thread?

oh and a little bit of this

that being said the only reason I can think of that isn't "he thinks it'll shake people off" that I can see scum!ex doing this (which is a super misguided thought to have lmao) is if he's a goon being run up against a PR

which was obviously bad reasoning but

what about that post made you think that KoD was more likely to be right than any of the other players in the thread?
I wouldn't say that post did that for me

I just kinda expected that if KoD were scum attempting to save a buddy he might attempt to shelve having to walk off a D1 mislynch for tomorrow if it means sounding more convincing in the moment, and so him saying he would take no responsibility, and in fact even laughing at the idea, was kind of reassuring

but if I'm being totally honest I just really enjoyed towning with him last game and wanted to hope he'd be right here because of that

I logically know that has no effect on this game, but it's what I decided to do anyways

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Flippancy benefits scum a lot more than it does town. The ability to put your vote wherever you want anytime you want is obviously useful for scum. When players only vote for solid reasons it makes it harder for scum to move their votes in opportunistic ways without comitting to lies, which often makes them easier to read.

I find your reasoning for lynching killjoy very underwhelming though i don't know you well enough as a player to feel confident calling this AI on its own. If exlight flips scum this will certainly change.

I mean I literally lynched him saying I thought he was more likely town than not so no **** it's underwhelming reasoning, it underwhelms me and I was the one casting the vote

Regardless, although I think you have a point about flippancy, I'm not sure exactly what point you're trying to make with that line

If it's about KoD then no I don't think him attempting to bury one obvious villager and actually hard-burying another is townie just because he "locked himself into it" or whatever

If the dude is town he confidently and boldly spent the entire last irl day of that phase attempting to get villagers lynched over less towny slots, and his start wasn't a ton better given a Seanzie greenflip and his complete abandonment of a DW push, which is all super uncharacteristic for what I saw from him last game

And so I think he's probably just not town

Ragnarokio

I'll come back around to exlight after all. I don't feel the case on him was too strong yesterday and i suspect i'm tunneling but he's still the player that is pinging me the most and so he'll be my focus for now. Additionally his flip will be very valuable information-wise. If he flips scum then there are a few players who look very bad as a result (minish, KoD, fext, perhaps some others). If he flips town then his meta read on DW becomes more significant. Speaking of which:

Can anyone here verify exlight's claim that DW's attack on him was out of character? I assume this is the post in question that exlight objected to:

...I feel like I mentioned before that I was scumleaning you a bit when you first exaggerated my skill level in your description of my meta, and while I didn't outright mention that I found it scummy when you used meta to call me scum. I feel like it was implied? So its sitting on you because absolutely nothing you've done has stuck with me in a towny way (setup strategizing in and of itself, while somewhat helpful, is NAI) and I literally just explained what was scummy.

Yesterday I found exlight scummy because of his lack of engagement in the content of the game combined with his high activity in the game. He managed to convince me that his engagement was higher than I initially read it as though, and so I'm less concerned with this aspect of his play now, not that it was particularly telling to begin with. The larger portion of my read on exlight was in finding his reaction to be voted twice artificial. I'm no longer convinced this is the case either, as its clear to me that he was genuinely upset at EoD yesterday and I imagine his mood in either case was at least partially a result of outside factors.

Exlight not removing his self-vote at end of day pinged me. I've expressed this earlier but I'll say it again. I felt like exlight calmed down by the deadline and seemed to realize that he was behaving inappropriately. Despite that, he didn't remove his vote and instead basically stayed uncharacteristically silent until the deadline. A person's heart is a mysterious thing and so I don't feel confident in this sort of read, but I would expect a frustrated town exlight who was beginning to calm down to remove the self-vote, while i would expect a frustrated scum exlight to instead try to take advantage of it.

The other thing that pinged me was this post:

I PUSHED IT ALMOST TEN TIMES TODAY

This was exlight's response to my saying he wasn't doing much to attack his "main scumread". It was definitively false. Exlight makes a couple of posts while catching up that can be construed as criticisms of DW, though considering DW was voting him at this point they're just as easily construed as defenses of himself. Exlight doesn't vote DW at this time so its feasible to read his criticisms of DW as simply pointing out faults in DW's line of thought and not in expressing aspects of DW's behaviour that exlight believes are AI. Its not until later when exlight picks up more heat and gets frustrated that he decides to commit to a vote on DW

Vote: DawningWinds

not going to sit still and be wagoned by scum that doesn't even come with a decent explanation

which is obviously not a substantial post. After this post I believe he literally never brings up DW again until a few hours before the deadline when he switches his vote to KJ and complains about having to self-preserve.

Exlight's interactions with DW primarily constitute a few posts that only barely meet the bar for being called an attack. This is very lackluster for what exlight described as his "main read" and there's a large dissonance between how exlight described his activities in thread and what they were actually like. I believe that exlight was grasping for anything he could use to shake people off his wagon, whether it was true or not, and this is obviously a scumtell.

Ragnarokio

Vote: Exlight

Ragnarokio

although if you believe he was trying to shake people off why not self-pres

He was voting killjoy with self-pres as his reasoning at this point i believe. This was before he apparently gave up and self-voted, presumably after his efforts to convince people that voting him was a mistake weren't met with much success.

ExLight

why
Staff member
If he flips scum then there are a few players who look very bad as a result (minish, KoD, fext, perhaps some others)
Why would they look bad if I flip scum? They should look bad if I flip town, because aren't these the players I said we should take a look at today?
Considering I'm, as town, asking to give them a look in this very phase, I'd expect my reasoning to be seen with less skepticism after a green flip.

He was voting killjoy with self-pres as his reasoning at this point i believe. This was before he apparently gave up and self-voted, presumably after his efforts to convince people that voting him was a mistake weren't met with much success.
And then I gave up on self-pres and increased the gap between me and him by two votes. Had killjoy self-presd himself it would've been a coin flip even with seanzie's last second vote. And if anything I could've been hammered by a few people changing votes.

Your whole theory kinda orbits this idea that I had control over the votes as scum somehow, which makes no sense unless I had both my scumpartners on me ready to jump off or something of sorts, because by myself it's pretty clear I had no control whatsoever on what was going to me, which would be moronic as scum in a setup that bussing is highly damaging for scum.
I think it's kinda obvious I just went like "this stress isn't worth it for a vanilla" and kinda threw myself in the bonfire.

And why would I leave to change votes last second? That would only attract negative attention towards me during the next day and you know how I'm proud of never having been mislynched outside D1 (except on that other game you hosted, but it was my very decision because I was ultra negative utility and had to die). I'd rather just die D1 than risk getting lynched any other days, and I've done that in many games at this point, it shouldn't be a surprise, lol.

Why would they look bad if I flip scum? They should look bad if I flip town, because aren't these the players I said we should take a look at today?
Considering I'm, as town, asking to give them a look in this very phase, I'd expect my reasoning to be seen with less skepticism after a green flip.
We're the people who saved you lel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom