• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Band?

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
Favorite Band/artist/group/musical Composer(s)?

Pretty self explanatory, just name your favorite musical group(s). Keep it to a 5 name maximum.

My Top 5 (in no particular order)
1. Foster The People
2. Muse
3. Skrillex
4. Awolnation
5. Daft Punk

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
In Flames is my favorite band. I have all their albums and they are one of those bands where I am on the stand that they haven't written a bad song, all their songs just make me happy. :] I have to listen to them at least once a day or else my day just sucks.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
My favorite band is either Rise Against, Linkin Park, or Red. (Sum 41 is up there but I like the other three bands slightly more.)

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
What Are Your Thoughts on Korean Pop (K-Pop) and Your Favorite Bands.

Hey guys so I wanted to find out which ZeldaDungeon users listen to K-Pop because I hear your opinion on it. Also I would like to know your favorite band. So anyway, I think K-Pop could be on of the best music genres out in the world. Also it can encourage people to get lose weight by doing some of the dance moves the boy and girl bands do. My favorite K-pop band would be SHINee but Super Junior and EXO-K are at a close second. OH and for the curious minds my favorite songs from the bands above are Sherlock (Clue + Note) by SHINee, Mr.Simple by Super Junior and finally MAMA by EXO-K *the Korean version not the Chinese. Thanks guys and girls!

Uh..hm...I like K-pop, but I don't really listen to it quite as much. SHINee is cool, but I like Kim Tae Hee as well.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I don't listen to K-pop nor do I care for it but whenever it is mentioned I always think of that youtube video where that Korean guy is singing a Mariah Carey song

Majora's Cat

How about that
Holy **** thank you for making this thread. Just waeifubawelfjbasdkljfbwalieufvbakdjsfvaiwluEVfhvad sfkuawyvefksydhvfaewhfuyksavdg.

Okay, so my favorite K-Pop group would have to be Big Bang. All of their songs are beautiful and well-composed, probably because G-Dragon is a boss. The song "Fantastic Baby" that ALIT posted above is probably one of their only party songs that holds little meaning. It's catchy and wonderful, but I love them for their moving music. K-Pop has never been known to be a genre populated with more artistic songs, as the norm is just flashing lights and lots of choreographed dance numbers.

[video=youtube;IKZEmLvYVF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKZEmLvYVF0[/video]

My favorite member would have to be Seungri. One of Big Bang's most distinguishing features is that you love EVERYONE in the whole group. It's so difficult to like one person more than the other, since all five members are very different in terms of their style, abilities and voices. G-Dragon has a high raspy voice and can rap very well and is a complete fashionista. T.O.P. is most likely the most talented Korean rapper, but T.O.P has an extremely deep and smoky voice that all the girls love. He's also the oldest and can't dance very well, but his stare is spellbinding.

Taeyang can dance, he's probably the most vocalist in Big Bang, but he seems too normal. He's the sensitive one of the group, but he does seem to have an affinity for being half-naked. I bet the girls like that, huh? Daesung has a really beautiful and moving voice, and he's usually one of the underrated guys. He seems really nice but doesn't show off. But... my favorite is still Seungri. He's the maknae (the youngest member) of Big Bang and therefore treated like a little brother. He's extremely silly, hilarious and probably the most interesting of all the members in real life.

Being a VIP (a Big Bang fanboy above everything else) and not a SONE, Blackjack or ELF, I cannot truly express my affection for Big Bang. I do love Suju, however. Super Junior is one of those few K-Pop boy bands that somehow pull off the impossible: everyone looks like a good dancer, it seems as if everyone can sing well and each person is special in his own way, despite there being about a dozen members. Below is their song "Mr. Simple", which is probably their most popular and my favorite. I also love "Cooking Cooking", though it's probably not something I'd listen to on a regular basis.

My favorite member is Yesung, the guy who can be seen in the video below at 1:29. He can sing and pulls off messy hair like a boss.

[video=youtube;r6TwzSGYycM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6TwzSGYycM[/video]

And as the OP said, SHINee is a great group. I haven't really gotten into them much, since I'm still relatively new to K-Pop, but it seems that they have a very large and supportive fanbase. Aside from male groups, I also like a few female groups. One of such would be Kara (which Kybyrian introduced me to, which korp introduced to him). Their song "Mister" is super sexy.

2NE1 is what I'd like to think as the girl group equivalent of Big Bang. Their songs are often along the same lines as the one from Big Bang and stray far from the norm. Both 2NE1 and Big Bang are a fraction of the YG Entertainment family, so it makes sense that they should be similar in some ways. Super Junior and Girls' Generation (SNSD) are more outgoing and have "happier" tracks, probably due to both being in the S.M. Entertainment family.

This is probably really obvious but my favorite member (and many others') is Park Bom. <3

[video=youtube;5n4V3lGEyG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4V3lGEyG4&ob=av2n[/video]

Now getting back to Big Bang, all of the members have sort of gone solo at some point. That's really a testament to their individual talent, since they could all start their own solo careers. My favorite songs from the members performing outside of the group are the "Knockout" by GD&TOP (G-Dragon and T.O.P), "Wedding Dress" by Taeyang and "What Can I Do" by Seungri. Not so much a fan of "Heartbreaker" by G-Dragon.

[video=youtube;FL0sfti1DcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL0sfti1DcA[/video]

And did I mention that Seungri is awesome? I obviously did, but here's some proof:

[video=youtube;BTQ1gyRBNzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQ1gyRBNzc[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom