• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Band?

Fig

The Altruist
My favorite band/artist are the music composers of Nintendo video game music, such as Junichi Masuda for Pokemon, Koji Kondo for Super Mario and Legend of Zelda, and Crush 40 for Sonic the Hedgehog. Awesome music these guys make! I wish I could hear them live in my hometown of Laredo, TX. That would be a dream come true.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Anyone here who knows me well enough can tell you that I'm a huge VGM junkie. I'll tell you the same, because I am one. I love the music from video games of all sorts of franchises. It varies from the choral rock of Sonic the Hedgehog to the musical assortment of Mario's various adventures. It's supersedes most contemporary bands.

However, outside of VGM, my favorite band is probably Skillet. And artist? Maybe Bruno Mars. I'm not into a lot of single artists, but I enjoy the tone and message of his music a lot.

The title of my favorite band has to go to several artists (as deciding on a single one would be impossible for me), so here are seven.
Tool
System Of A Down
Modest Mouse
Primus
Rage Against the Machine
White Stripes
Maximum the Hormone

Avenged Sevenfold. Every single song of theirs' is an EPIC. They're such a great group of guys, and they are so strong, staying together after the death of their drummer, The Rev, 2 years ago. Also they've got the best live show ever! (and they've got the Revolver Golden God Award for best live performance to show for it!)

I'm going to go ahead and be all mainstream and say Jessie J. This is mainly because she has such a powerful voice and is such a talented songwriter which is hard to find in musically relevant, contemporary pop artists.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
My favourite band, hands down, is Kagrra,. Isshi's vocals are calming, and the music is always well written. Whenever they would release an album, it was like they created a new world to get lost in - and still to this day, I can't find a single song that I could care less for.

My favourite artist in general is John K. Samson. He's a gifted lyricist; he captures what we want to say but can't. As said by Craig Finn of The Hold Steady "[...] His songs are beautiful, brutal, honest and comforting, all at the same time."

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Let's see..... I love Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Blink182, and Green Day. Those are probably my favorites. I also really like Rise Against, Puddle of Mudd, The Fray, Papa Roach, and such to name a few more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom