• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Antagonist

Stella3000

Starlight
I'd have to say Dark Link. I think Ganon is a bit overdone, and I don't really care for every one else. This is not to say I don't enjoy killing Ganon.

Last edited:
Ganondorf seemed so one dimensional, so I go with Vaati. His shallowness can be attributed to mind controlling of the cap whereas Ganondorf's got no excuse.I guess I like my cliches...

Well, that's not completely true, he has the Triforce of power. I also did like Vaati, but only because it was something different. From your description, he sounds kind of like a Zelda Voldamort though, lol, which I suppose he kind of is. Anyways, I still like Ganondorf more.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Vaati is cool:P
even though he looks a bit emo-ish in MC.
Bellum's not that bad..like his first form with all those squirming tentacles

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
I thinhk a perfect group of antagonists would be Gannondorf and Vatti. with gannon's insane powers and vatti's shallowness, Hyrule would be in HELL

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I think they all play the same role, really. They exist to get triforce power and to use said power to dominate a population by force.

With that being said, Vaati of TMC was probably the best developed as a villain because he actually had motivation and a past, wheras Ganondorf, and Aganimh(sp?) did not.

A

Arkwright

All the antogonists make things too hard for themselves, they make little bosses and dungeons that even some 10 year old kid can get through. They make themselves too predictable in terms of their weaknesses and what not.

I don't try to generally favor MM, but I think that Majora's Mask was the best because of it's un-predictability. I don't think it created the dungeons, followed Link on his quest, or anything like that. It just cursed the lands which in turn unleashed massive monsters, beasts, and allowed temples to unfold themselves into dungeons. The Majora's Mask then topped it off with controlling the moon to become homicidal.

At the end of the game, you enter an acid trip of a game by going inside of the moon and finding out it's all heavenly, and that the ginger kids running around a tree are figments of the skull kid's insecurities and anger. (Or something like that :P)

You then talk to this lonely kid wearing the Majora's Mask, who gives you the ability to turn into a demonic warrior and fight the Majora's Mask in 3 different forms.

So, I think I'll go with the Majora's Mask being my favorite Antagonist.

M

mastersword18

def shadow link and ganon from oot was awesome but otha then that i luved zant i thought he was cool (until he took his mask off and started dancing)

Chris

It has been awhile...
Athough I would agree that ganon is my favorite, I would say Vaati. Vaati was really cool and he was a hard boss. So I would say Vatti.

Kazumi

chagy
Kay................................ Well il have to say Majoras Mask because in my opinion trying to crash the moon into Termina is more evil then anything Ganondorf or Vatti could have cooked up. Also he doesnt want power or to be a tyrant he just wants to destroy everything and take the lives of innocent people....... I like his style:evil: But really Zant was sad. It was like fighting a politicaly inccorect yoshimitsu. He really thought Ganondorf would give him ultimate power.:shake: Tsk Tsk Tsk

I'd have to say Majora. Majora was quite a unique, and even more sinister character than most other characters. I found it interesting how as you progressed in the battle, Majora would metamorphisise, in a way.

Kybyrian

Majora, just like Kitsu said, Majora was quite unique and a good change to some of the other usuals. Plus, the different stages of the battle were pretty good. Probably the most mysterious, as well.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
My favorite main antagonist is ganon/dorf followed closely by zant and vaati. and then my fav lesser one is... CUCCOOS!! Seriously if you beat one up in any game aside from tp they will rape you until you die or you escape... an invincable enemy they are...

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
I'm sticking with Ganondorf. Specifically not Ganon- I can't stand the constant inexplicable cycle of revival and rebirth and reincarnation that stupid pig goes through. Ganondorf, though, was a pretty cool dude when he was alive. He ruled a tribe of desert harem Amazons, he had a freaking awesome sword (despite never really using it in OoT), and actually managed to take over the world. Sure, he was a jack---, but I mean, he was a villain. He had motive, though. Corrupted by power lust, yeah, but motive. Vaati was emo, Bellum was a squid, Veran and Onox were Twinrova's pawns, Agahnim was a generic evil wizard (who served Ganon), Nightmare was almost a good guy, Zant was a spoiled brat with power, and Majora was just plain nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom