• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Antagonist

F

firebunnies123

what is your favorite antagonist in the zelda series. There are many throughout the game but the main one is ganon/ganondorf. His name just brings chills to ur spine. Ganon is the best at the job. Just look at all the games he is the antagonist: loz,lttp,la (if you count the nightmare),Oot, Oos,Ooa, windwaker, and tp. He is just beast. So there are others like vaati, bellum, Agahnim, zant, and dark link/ shadow link.

whos ur favorite?

First of all...Ganon and Ganondorf are the same person. Secondly, you can't count Aghnaim as the main antagonist of ALttP, because Ganon(dorf) was. Same thing for Zant in TP...
Aside from Ganon(dorf), I'm gonna say Vaati. Bellum was pretty...dumb.

LOL yeah Ganondorf is his human form while Ganon is his beast form...Aside from Ganon....I would say Thunderbird and Shadow Link from AoL.

linkman8

True and Noble
Ganondorf is a classic, love to hate him, kind of bad-guy. That's why he would get my vote.
Vaati was pretty cool too, but he only makes appearances in a couple of games. Agahnim wasn't that great of an antagonist.

F

firebunnies123

yeah i know ganon and ganondorf are the same person. Thats why I put it together. I never said ganon and ganondorf were different people. Also I never said Aghnaim was the main antagonist of alttp. I just said he was an antagonist. Same for zant.

yeah i know ganon and ganondorf are the same person. Thats why I put it together. I never said ganon and ganondorf were different people. Also I never said Aghnaim was the main antagonist of alttp. I just said he was an antagonist. Same for zant.
Yeah, I know. Just pointing it out to future people who might post here and get confused...then we have to Gannon-Ban them ;)

I would say Thunderbird and Shadow Link from AoL.
Hmm forgot about them. I didn't really like Thunderbird, but Shadow Link was cool.

what about the skull kid in mm? i don't know why but i thoght he was cool, but gannon is my absolute favorite of course

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Even though the mask is the big antagonist in MM, I just need to pick Skull Kid. He just looks so pathetic to devastate Termina like that... well, he is pathetic. The Mask is the big thing... anywho, I like him as a antagonist. An unwilling antagonist, a puppet!

But mainly, it's because of his look. Without the Mask, he looks kind... but with the mask, oh gosh, teh evilness.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Ganondorf is my favourite. His evil looks and countless attempts to rule/destroy the world makes him the best antagonist.

1. Ganon/Ganondorf, always been a classic always will be. And completely and utterly fun to fight.

2. Vaati, haven't played many games with him, but still good from what I have.

3. Bellum, the most boring of them all. :(

Let us not forget Veran and Onox from the Oracle games. Veran was mischievous and exceptionally malevolent and evil. She utilized her powers, exploited Nayru and Queen Ambi, and committed various bad deeds, unlike the cliche and lackluster Onox, who sat in his castle (which was, in my opinion, much easier and more dull than the black tower) throughout the entire game, not making any appearances besides Din's kidnapping and the final battle. I can honestly say I could not recall his name or really remember what he looked like during my first playthrough of Oracle of Seasons until confronting him in his castle.

Ganon as his pig/beast form. There are some drawings of Ganon fighting Link from the original games which make him just seam a lot more evil and demonic than him as a human. Aside from him, Dark Link is my favorite. His mysterious presence makes him a very memorable enemy.

J

Jirrup

1. Ganon - He's the main man. None of the other villains have such devious things going for them.
2. Vaati - Though he was a pathetic blob in the Four Swords games, he's almost as wicked as Ganondorf in The Minish Cap. I'd love to turn people into hats for the hell of it.
3. Veran - As Fierce_Deity rightly pointed out, she's one of the most impressive villains there is.
4. Majora - The others desired for power, it desired for destruction. It also had a moon. However, it's second form was ridiculous.
5. Zant - More of a clown than Majora's Incarnation. He would've been quite high up had it not been for his anticlimactic fight. He was also a weak pawn of Ganon.
6. Onox - He sat in a castle and happily did jack s*** while Link restored Holodrum.
7. Bellum - Oh please. He's a squid. He sucks. He didn't really have much influence. It's not like he caused a kingdom to flood, be infested with monsters, have its ruler brainwashed, get hit by the moon, turn into perpetual twilight or have seasons out of place. He turned a whale into an old man. Speaking of whales...
8. Dethl - He wanted to take over an imaginary island ruled by a whale in a pink spotted egg. Pathetic. He also kept people alive by existing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom